The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

No. I trade all from one account.

All I can do is lay out the information I possess. The ability for you to absorb and implement falls on your shoulders.

If you are new, I suggest going through the Babypips school first as my assumption is that people have a moderate understanding of Forex regardless of their results.

Hey MG,

I guess you might cover this as you go along just thought Iā€™d ask how your method handles holding trades over the weekend etc?

Cheers,
Tave

Hi MG,
Given your style of trading, you must have made a killing on the Yen demise that started late last year. Could you please share your entries and thinking behind these trades if you took them.

Of special interest to me would be how you judge whether a counter trend move is a retracement or a reversal, as I believe surety in this would be the key to holding a position open over several weeks/ months.

Iā€™m also focused on building a PA strategy that catches long term trends on H4 and Daily TFs, so really looking forward to your continuation of this thread.

When do we start getting the juicy contents? So far we share something in common, no indicators and raw chart.

Yes I agree,I hope master gunner isnā€™t playing games with us.

24/7 is 24/7. Weekends just represent two days of the week I donā€™t render any decisions on my existing portfolio.

There are some posts i still want to complete that go over my methodology and trading style first. From there I can go onto specific trading examples.

I donā€™t want people to start trading this until they know how it fits with the overall picture.

Everyone is coming in at a different pace. The more you are aligned with me right out the gate, the longer this might feel for you.

I donā€™t have a time table on when I release more. It will come as it comes. Iā€™ve been a way on business and I prefer to be sitting down at my desktop for the posts that really count.

Really? If you think Iā€™m playing games, just stop now. I get that I have an abrasive overtone in my approach. Thatā€™s just how I am. But gamesā€¦ I donā€™t have time for games.

Iā€™ve been here since 2007. And while Iā€™ve bumped heads with every self proclaimed guru that has passed through Babypips, Iā€™ve consistently added value along the way commenting within threads and starting a few of my own.

Hell no MasterG,im not giving up on you,its just I keep looking at these posts ,as its the only set Ive any hope for really after looking at heaps of others,Im too keen on it to start I supose and will just have to be patient I guess.The bit youve said so far has been all good so dont get the hump:60:

Hello mastergunner99,
Do you use COT report or Volume in your analysis or they are irrelevant?

Irrelevant to me. It just complicates things.

Mastergunner99

When you started this thread, you caught a lot of peopleā€™s interests, including mine. But nearing 100 posts later we havenā€™t really read much more so can I suggest a few things, which Iā€™m sure a lot of people will agree with:

1. When you eventually start posting the juicy bits, you should add the link on your first page otherwise this will get lost in translation

2. Donā€™t leave it too long before you start posting juice. Patience is a key skill in forex but when it comes to attracting interest from a thread, the longer you leave it, youā€™ll find the interest levels will saturate

Sure, all updates appreciated.

To your first point, I agree that is a good idea that I will implement when I return to my office.

To your second point, my posting was delayed due to a business trip as mentioned more than once. Also, Iā€™m not overtly concerned with the real time aspects of my posting. For those that follow along as it develops, I can imagine they are more aware of the time between postings. However, in the future a reader will have the flexibility to read this entire thread on their own time table.

Iā€™m not going to rush or inconvenience myself at any cost to develop this thread. I said the next installment will come out today when I return, and that is my expectation. However, I ask that all respect the understanding that if an event in my life rises unexpectedly today, my priorities will change without apology or explanation.

Is it compulsory that the pairs to monitor based on your methodology should/must be 28?? cause i currently monitor 15 pairs and i donā€™t really feel like adding more to them.

Can i work with 15 pairs based on your method??

Yes. And you could add more currencies as well. I find that the amount I have provides enough exposure to the market that I need to maintain a consistent edge.

Iā€™m still a novice, but so far enjoy swing/position trading very much. I look forward to reading what you have to share. Thanks!

I think a few things need to be summarized here:

1. This thread is barely 5 days old but SEEMS much longer because of the many and various tangents taken by many posters
  2. MG SAID he would be out of town and not posting any ā€œmeatā€ until he gets back today (seems easy to understand)
  3. Trying to glean methodology previews and peeks only lengthen this thread unnecessarily
  4. Trading off the Daily charts takes patience and is not for those traders who crave the action of trading off the 15M or 30M or 1H charts, so if a trader canā€™t show patience in this thread, I fear for their success with this method of a much slower pace.

All of the above notwithstanding, MG, you must appreciate that there is a brightly wrapped present sitting in front of us that we canā€™t peek inside yetā€¦kids at Christmas!