The Quick Way to the Top

Doboro

can u explain how anakin uses the 30 min set up to determine the trend?

As far as i can tell at any point of time the psar is above or below the price and the macd is above or below the trigger line so the trend is always up or down either of the two. So if its up all we need to do is drop down to the 5 min and look for oversold cci and rsi and an ema cross and go long. The oppo if the 30 min trend is down.

In my mind there would be countless opportunities long and short per day how does anakin say he only gets 5 to 6 opportunities per day?

thanks doboro

Psar & Macd ALMOST always agree on the 30M but not every time so be careful. You have the basics correct but I don’t find that many opportunities, just 5 or 6 like Anakin says on the E/$. On Fri morning I did trade the L/$, a +3 and a -6 (my 1st loss). I also got +13 on E/$ Fri morning. All together on Thu & Fri I placed 8 trades, 7 winners & 1 loser for +36 tot. I took some breaks as scalping for me is stressful at first so I know I missed some opportunities but no use getting my nerves fried using demo.

I am going to try to learn how to post pictures, I hope, (I have Tymen’s instructions) so i can show Oanda’s trading log. We shall see how that goes! Good trading, d.

Hi

Well I placed and average of 5 or 6 times each day for two reasons:

1. One that basically applies to my time zone, I only look for signals on the mentioned schedules because I can’t monitor the market all night. And during day time (here on Ecuador) especially after London closes although signals exist, they aren’t strong enough and in the afternoon (again here on Ecuador) when Sidney is open it’s just crazy to go in a trade with scalping on this system because the market makes wacky extremely low lows or high highs in one 5 minute candle.

2. Not all the signals at the right times are a good idea to take, because sometimes although MACD and SAR are in the right trend is evident for the chart that they are on the verge of changing the trend.

Finally is not written in stone, but 5 or 6 signals is an approximately average.

Also I would like to tell you that since I am looking into the MT4 programming I am developing an automated trading program based on these signals. Its advancing very well and looks promising I will post it as soon as is ready so all of you can help me test (and improve it) it on your demo accounts. :smiley:

Bye

May the ‘pip’ be with you

thanks to both of you i hope you can post charts of ur trades to help others trying to learn anakin’s method

Anakin intresting look at trading and scalping:) can you tells us how you are doing and update it like today i gained 50 pips on 5 trades and one was a loser of 15 pips and wekly and or totally it would be intresting to follow.

best regards

Anakin,

So is this 5 or 6 signals that come from extreme levels of cci and stoch on the 5m? Or just getting down or up there and touching? Seems like there wouldn’t be any more than than during the limited time frames when you are watching.

Also like you said not all of the signals should be traded if the trend is winding down and the macd cross is leveling for a reversal, right?

thanks,

PJ

Sar work same like moving average, they are work fine whenever they are trend. If the market is sideway, they will give buy/sell all the time.

U should determine when will be 30’’ trend end ?
if not, you might lose more then what u had earn.

example. Friday 30’’ Eurusd SAR + MACD line up, but it wasnot a trend, it was sideway. Sideway change direction quickly.

But i do see it work for u, Good luck

i think its the extreme levels of cci and stoch for a sell the cci has to be above 100 and stoch above 80 and then both of them have to turn down.

am i right anakin :slight_smile:

Anakin you have not discussed the most imp part, the mm

1)when u started out with 200 dollars how much did you risk per trade.

2)how much was your account balance when you increases the risk per trade

3)how many times did you increase the risk per trade and whats your risk per trade now at 4122 dollars?

In para. #3 he clearly states “as much as 30% of the acct balance”, ie 30% of available margin. I read a long time ago that someone said 2-3% risk is bs, that is what professional hedge and bank traders use because they have millions at their disposal and even a 1% drawdown gets noticed by the Big Boss. I personally risk 5-7.5% during demo and after going live 10%. Not for everybody I know. Plus do the simple arithmetic: $1000 starting margin, trade 10% of avail. margin, and have 10 losing trades in a row & no winners. The operative word is available. 1st loss is $100; 2nd is $90 (10% of $900), and so on. After 10 losses you will still have $348.68, enough for lunch I would hope. As an acct grows a lesser percent on the larger avial. margin would equal the 30% he used at the start on a small amt. d.

I use oanda… you can open several charts for several instruments and have different combinations for each

Yes, I found out accidently. Once I know the 30M trend readings I try to recheck it every 1/2 hr or at least hourly but I don’t always remember to. And I like to see at least 2 Psar dots to confirm a trend redirection, helps reduce fakeouts. d.

Probably you have noticed that Oanda charts do not accurately reflect the current price from time to time…

That being the case I try to have Metatrader or Ninja trader open just to be sure.

I cant find anmy trades can you tell me what time you enter a trade and leave it and what time zone you are in i would really like to love this simple system so please help me by show it is working :slight_smile:

best regards

Read the 1st post.

ok i find the timezone but i cant find a trade that meets the rules ?

best regards

Hi guys

There has been a lot questions and inquiries about the system, that’s great :D.
First I would like to thank dobro who has caught the system quite well and quickly and it’s helping with the answers too Good job !!! :D.

1. It seems a great idea, starting from today I will post daily what pips I got (or lost) out of it each trade to help demonstrate the system.

2. As for the lots amounts I got a little table which I made myself:

PIP VALUE MIN MONEY RISK %

$ 2.00 $ 200.00 22.65%
$ 2.50 $ 240.00 24.94%
$ 4.00 $ 360.00 20.80%
$ 5.00 $ 560.00 26.76%
$ 10.00 $ 860.00 26.15%
$ 15.00 $ 1,310.00 22.89%
$ 20.00 $ 1,610.00 23.28%
$ 25.00 $ 2,735.00 27.42%
$ 50.00 $ 4,985.00 22.57%
$ 75.50 $ 8,360.00 17.94%
$ 100.00 $ 14,360.00 20.89%
$ 200.00 $ 44,360.00 10.14%
$ 300.00 $ 344,360.00

I explain, first column is the lot size, the next column is minimum amount of money needed on the account to go to the next lot size, 3erd column is risk percentage of my account considering a losing trade of 15 pips. About the table I know its a risky one, and also a very dreamy one. But hey IF YOU WANT IT YOU HAVE TO DREAM IT FIRST. Right now I am with lot size of 25.00 $. If I should lost beyond the minimal money needed on an specific lot size I go back to the previous lot size.

1. About looking for signals, well … read the system quite a few times first. If you can’t see the signals it means you did not understood it. But I will try to help you out. Right now 10:02 GMT -5 (15:02 GMT MT4 time). We have a downtrend on SAR and MACD. On 5 minute chart the price is getting out of the 20’s oversold zone and going up. The system tells us that we must wait for the price go to all the way up to 80’s overbought and when starts coming down (following EMA’s step system entry) enter the trade. Look at it on the attachment.

Keep looking for signals

May the ‘pip’ be with you

I placed 7 trades today(-5GMT) - one L/$ which was just +2 & E/L +1 (from here on out I won’t note any other trades except E/$) and a Buy Stop E/$ at 09:20 which I cancelled, no pips. The following trades are all E/$ -

06:20 Buy, closed 06:22 +10
06:57 Sell, closed 07:03 +5
07:37 Buy, closed 08:03 +2
09:20 Buy Stop never filled
10:00 Buy, closed 10:06 -6 Psar & Macd were showing trend change & I ignored, got burned.

Adding 2 prs not of this thread & all of the E/$ I traded I am +14 for the a.m. I apologize for not posting a chart but I can’t access Imageshack at the present, will try later. And I’m dropping L/$ as its spread is 2X E/$ on Oanda. I didn’t take the 08:40 Sell E/$ trade as it was against the 30M trend, missed a good one but sticking to the rules grants a much greater probability factor. Good trading all, d.

With 4 indicators that have to coincide patience is absolutely necessary.

Dobro Yes but he trades only one pair and he claim 5 to 6 trades every day, i have locket at several days and cant fin one trade that i why i ask for a pic or time for a trade ?

best regards