The Quick Way to the Top

Anakin 15.40 i think i have trade in downtrend but not 15.02 like you i use the stockhastic in my metatrader people say it is a slowstoc if i have the values of 14 3 3 and also i dont se the cci in you picture it should move like the stoc right ?

best regards

thanks anakin for your explanation

jgadefelth what you can do is read the james 45 pips per day thread then download the ema step system from the link anakin gave in his first post and read that its very comprehensive and u won’t have any problem understanding that. The difficult part to understand is the first part the 30 min part.

I too am not very clear about that.

i think i understand it it is just first the par sar the dots shall be under the candle for uptrend and then the macd crossing up for a uptrend.

the other ones i also think i understand it is just the cci20 from under -100 and then the stoc 14 33 up from -20 the emas i think is always in place if the other indicators agree.

the problem is to find this setup for me where it all is telling the same thing.

best regards

Yeap I Use slow STOCH(14,3,3). On my recent graph CCI it’s not present because I am programming on MT4 an auto-trader with this rules, and for the time being CCI was taking valuable space. Also I was realizing what you just said SLOW STOCH and CCI basically form equal patterns so I am considering taking CCI out of the picture to simplify things a notch (unless a more experienced trader knows something about CCI indicator that I don’t and makes it worth the trouble).

Well today trading was like this:

At GMT 15:00 30 minute trend: DOWNWARD
Placed a SELL trade at 15:40; Price 1.4215
After a couple of minutes i was having +8 pips so I upgraded my stop loss to 1.4214. After that (don’t know why, maybe economic news) the price went up, really UP (1.4240) so just got +1 pip out of that one.

At GMT 17:25 30 minute trend: DOWNWARD
Placed a SELL trade at 17:25; Price 1.4226
After that undetectable change mentioned before STOCH went to the overbought again so waited for it start to come down.
This time system worked out and I sold at: 1.4211 = +15 pips

Summary 2 trades; +1 and +15 pips for a total of +16 pips (NOT BAD FOR SCALPING WUHU !!!)

We learned today the importance of upgrading your stop loss, I always upgrade to +1 pip because I hate to wait so much time looking for signals for a trade and end up with nothing if the price changes suddenly like today. So I at least get 1 pip :D.

So keep looking for signals and keep asking, it only enriches the forum discussion. Bye

May the ‘pip’ be with you

Anakin two quick questions

1)which broker r u using to place trades

2)U must be at $5000 so should’nt u be using $50 per pip as per the table coz in the table once u cross $4985 u have to use $50 per pip right?

thanks again

Well my broker is iforex[dot]com Not bad broker but as I said earlier it’s technically challenged, the thing is that, these guys banner got me into trading months ago. :smiley:

And for the other part, today was my last 25.00 per pip trade, starting tomorrow each pip will be 50.00 :rolleyes: scary is it ??. The kind’a good thing about scalping with a system is that, since you can loose a lot on each trade its easier to have the patience to wait for proper signals.

One of the toughest things in trading is to wait until the setup comes…

true but the htread starter claims 5-6 trades a day and i cant find any …

Lucky for you he mentioned when he had the signal so you can go and check and see them.

Juicyt

Anakin, dobro please tell us your trades for today so we can easily understand the system

Also I’ve noticed a good way to improve the signals. Atleast thats what I think

On the 30 min time frame first check the psar dot and the macd are in the same direction. for example if the Psar dot is below the candlesticks the macd line should have crossed and be above the signal line

Second wait for the macd line to cross the zero line. If in an uptrend it should cross above the zero line.

Once you see the above two conditions on the 30 min drop down to the 5 min and follow Anakin’s normal 5 min entry criteria

I find the macd zero line cross makes the signals better. Trade time is london open to london close.

Have a look guys and tell me what you think

thanks to anakin and doboro and pips to all of us :slight_smile:

i understand the system that the orginal ideer is just what you describe it shall cross the zero line ?? :cool:

best regards

Howdy traders:

Maybe whats been confusing you is the default MACD of MT4. The default MACD on MT4 does not has two lines, instead it has only one line and the trend is marked once it crosses the zero line. So you are correct when MACD is above zero is UPTREND and bellow zero is DOWNTREND. To successfully identify the trend you need to confirm this with SAR. If SAR dot is bellow the candles is UPTREND and when SAR is above the candles is DOWNTREND.

For those of you who use MT4, I will remind you that I am trying to make an automated trading system using these rules. I don’t have it ready yet, BUT what I got working very well so far is three indicator. MACD, SAR and SLOWSTOCH.

The first two you must place on the 30 minute chart, apart from drawing the indicators very cool and colorful (The MACD indicator draws the classic two line MACD and paints the histogram RED when downtrend and GREEN for uptrend), they set global variables (you can see them by hitting F3) with the actual trend.

The SLOWSTOCH indicator which you must place on the 5 minute chart cheeks when the price is on the overbought or oversold zones. The cool thing about it, is that when SLOWSTOCH is on the oversold (bellow 20) and the TREND set by the other two indicators is UPTREND, it starts poping up alerts which tells you that you must pay attention because all the signals are meet and you just need to look for the entry point with the EMAS.

I tested it last night, instead of being awake half of the night waiting for signals the indicator beeped me with alerts when ever the signals meet and the price was in one of the indicated zones. I placed my laptop on the hall next to my bedroom so I could hear the beeping. It woke me up 4 times, first two where before London opened so I discharged them (I already fix that and only beeps on the right schedules) The other two where around 4 in morning and 6, both of them good signals which I took with good results (I will post today’s summary later). Next stop, auto-trading !!!

Any way so far so good, here are the files. Put them on your “\experts\indicators” folder and drag them to the charts. Compile them if needed.
Your screen should look like the example provided.

indicators.zip (4.1 KB)

Thanks Anakin. I have to stick to manual trading as Oanda is a proprietary platform. I personally like the CCI better that Stochs as it seems to follow the price better. For now I’m using both but may drop Stochs.

As for this morning nothing much; 3 trades, 2 against the trend, and the 08:41 could have been a real biggie for me as I took +8 but it went for 15 more. Bernanke was set to testify and I didn’t want to take a chance. My 09:20 didn’t go far and I was stopped out at BE+1. 11 pips total for the morning & a short one for me as there were other priorities.

I’m having trouble with ImageShack. I will try once more and if that doesn’t work I will look for another host, it may well be the Java platform and my old computer don’t like each other. Good trading all, d.

Here is what I got today, for total of +23 pips :cool:

| CURRENC | DATE AND TIME OF TRA| FROMS| WINING | PIP |

| BUY E/$ | 2009-07-21 10:19 GMT | 1.4211 | 1.4212 | +01 |
| BUY E/$ | 2009-07-21 11:15 GMT | 1.4213 | 1.4223 | +10 |
| BUY E/$ | 2009-07-21 14:37 GMT | 1.4225 | 1.4237 | +12 |

The first bought at 1.4211 could have been a +15 pips one, but since I am subscribed to the 30 pips per day thread here at babypips which said at exactly that moment that the price will go all the way up 1.4253 I got greedy and moved up my take profit. Instead of my normal +15 pips. I moved my stop loss to +1 pip also when I was +9 pips. The thing is that the price did went up like the other thread said but it made drop first, so another lesson to be learned. DON’T BE GREEDY :D.

The other two trades also got to the classic +15 but since SLOW STOCH has already arrived at 80 I sold them earlier and took what I had. Don’t look back for those missed pips It will only make you trade with feelings and hunches instead of indicators which is the worse idea.

Another good day for me, hope this wining strike never ends. And if I follow the rules It may never do :D.

Anakin thanks, in a nother answear you say that cci and stoch moves alike yes but not always it was not what i meant but i mean that when the setup with the cci and the stoch is right i have not seen the emas go in a different direction so i ask if the emas is nessesary ?

what spread do you have from you broker ? i read in a different thread at another forum that my broker cmc market maybe is not honest it is placing orders against traders and taking out stops if that is true it make me drepressing :frowning:

best regards

I find the EMAS more than necessary useful, especially to find out the exactly entry point of a trade, which is when they cross.

About your broker, never heard of them, but if what you say is true then I am horrified :eek:. Nothing remotely like that has happened to me and I haven’t found horror stories like those about my broker, at the moment my spread is 3 pips. But you can check your brokers backgorund on www[dot]forexpeacearmy[dot]com. They got a huge database about brokers and systems, and which ones are a scam or are know for foul play.

Hi Anakin i allmost understod the whole system except the part of 30 min chart. This chart help you identify the direction of the trend then u go to the 5 min chart and wait for trade set-up to form … in the same direction of 30 min chart or against it ??? i have seen on your posts that u take the trades in along the 30 min trend … this is the right rule?:confused:

[B]ALONG THE 30 MINUTE TREND [/B], going against it would be unwise, because sometimes you can get 10 pips, sometime nothing or sometimes losing pips, it would be like betting. I already tried that on my demo account with huge loses that made me realize I should look for the trend first.

“I find the EMAS more than necessary useful, especially to find out the exactly entry point of a trade, which is when they cross.”

Q. - Do you wait for the crossed candle to close before entering? I do which is painful sometimes as you watch pips being made before the 5M candle closes. But the EMA Step strategy says wait for the candle to close as the emas may uncross before close. Waiting for a close takes patience too - I’m not a very patient person. d.

Anakin can u please check the first entry at 10:19 my mt4 is showing an uptrend on the 30 min but 5 min shows the stoch near the overbought region instead of the oversold

in the third entry my mt4 shows the 30 min to be in a downtrend as the psar dot is above the candle

thanks