The Silent Sniper pre-release testing

Just coded in money manangement in to the EA and I’ve added it to my real and demo account.

Look very promising, hopefully I can eventually get my hands on it… :slight_smile:

The Silent Sniper v2 has now been developed and I am currently testing before sending to the rest of the testers.

The main change is the way the trades are opened by looking a different time frames to confirm trends and get the best entry positions. This should be a massive improvement and will in turn mean better profits.

This version now includes money management based on your stop loss and the percentage you wish to risk of your free margin. I’m as currently running the new version on my real Alpari UK account and 2 demo accounts (Alpari & VantageFX). Links to the 3 MyFXBook accounts can are below.

…you are hyperactive aidy… :slight_smile: send it over :wink:

how soon do you think before it goes public?

I think I could release it now but I would like to see the results over a longer period of time first…

wow this is awesome!

do you think useful that this ea use a news filter to avoid complicated times?

i hope you sell it. i will buy it.

regards

Please take a minute and head over to The Silent Sniper EA blog and let me know whether or not you would like to buy this EA…

Would you like to buy The Silent Sniper EA v2? � The Silent Sniper EA

Doubt if to many people say no :slight_smile:

Is it anything wrong with the results you’re seeing now that will change future results? Good results is good results right? Seems stable and consistent enough for me.

That is a valid point you’ve made, I don’t know what the future holds, the EA will continue to trade using the same strategy so it should still produce the same results.

There have been a few changes to the opening strategy since it was 1st put onto my live account, making the opening less prone to whipsaws and the dynamic SL stays close to the opening price so if it does whipsaw you only get a very small loss.

The lastest version went on my account last night and iin those 2 days it’s +85pips with 250pips in open trades.

I’ve a busy week next week so if I’m going to release it, it will be at the end of next week so traders can get it setup for when the markets open on the 5th/6th Feb. :35:

Great more anticipation lol

V2 now installed and ready for Sunday night opening ;). I chose small TP and SL levels, let’s see how it performs.

Below are the stats from the beginning, you can view more detailed on myfxbook.

Very different from other testers, but I have made a mistake myself with the 10 lots TP :frowning:

Still better than FFM!

aidy do you have backtests of this. i can’t seem to find them in you blog

thanks

I have my account with FXDD in the U.S. Vantage FX doesn’t accept U.S. clients. There is Alpari U.S., but from what I understand it’s as different from Alpari U.K. as it is from any other broker. Any suggestions for a U.S. resident? Thanks. Best of luck with this very promising EA.

I don’t do any backtesting anymore as EA’s I have developed in the past never produce the same results. For example, I just back tested this EA for the previous 2 weeks that it’s been running live and I got completely different results.

Another reason why I don’t bother with back testing EAs and providing results is because the settings can be tweaked to produce the perfect scenearino, an example of this, is EA sites that show you a Metatrader backtest for 1-5 years showing that a $1000 deposit would have earned you anything from a few $000’s up to $1million, you buy the EA based on these backtesting results and put it to work, do you get even close to 5times your initial deposit??? Sometimes yes, but in most cases nowhere near the results showed in the backtest. If they did I wouldn’t be writing my own EA’s.

This is the reason why I manually go through the charts and just ‘eyeball’ the strategy to see if it possibillity any good, then I code the EA and put it straight onto a demo account and let it run for a week or two to make sure the coding it correct and that it is opening and closing the trades properly, setting TP and SL, etc. After about a fortnight I put it onto a live account and attach it to MyFXBook so everyone can see the true results rather than results that can be ‘tweaked’.

This also means that anyone wanting to see the results, know that they are true and accurate as MyFXBook pulls the results directly from my broker.

I just had a look at the Alpari US and UK spreads, but are prety much the same on all currency pairs but the typical spread on the UK site is better by only 0.1pip. I have no problems with Aplari UK, they opena nd close trades with no issues and never had any other issues with them.

I can only assume that Alpari US are the same.

Sorry for the late reply.

As this EA is based on swing trades, the dynamic SL is large enough to weather any news releases, only events such as war, earthquakes, etc. will affect it.

nice. i’ll be watching.

when can you tell us this EA price and such?

thanks!

I hope to release the EA on Fri 3rd. I am currently in Brussels for an exam so I have limited internet access except for my phone. I will be home on Wed so better response then.

The EA will cost $200 and will include remote session support and updates.