Tomorrow we’ll have a beautiful, brand-new BabyPips.com Forums!

I wonder if the white problem is related to the kind of monitor and environment people are looking at the forum on/in? One of my computers has an old CRT screen and on that PC the white is pretty bad its not so bad on the flatscreen. As I type this reply in the Quick reply box I see that that box is an eye soothing light grey. I think some sort of theme option would be the best solution to this. Or you could just ignore our whining its not like a white background will drive me or most of the members away:rolleyes:

Nearly 12,000 members have been purged from the Babypips roster!

Who are they, and how were they selected?

Here’s the total membership as it was being reported prior to the website upgrade:

And here’s the membership as of a few minutes ago:

Nice catch, Clint! You’re the resident forum detective, I must say. The change came about because our forum software developers changed [I]how [/I]the “members” number was calculated, not because the right 6 numbers were randomly drawn. Within our forum exist various user groups (e.g. registered users, administrators, moderators, etc.). Two other user groups we use include users who haven’t confirmed membership via email and users who are awaiting moderation from the administrators, for whatever reason.

In this most recent upgrade, those two user groups are no longer included in the members number, although both types of users can still log into the website.

I was trying to come up with a more fascinating explanation for 12K members jumping ship over night, but I just couldn’t. Boo to me.

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

What happened to the “Who’s Online” feature? :confused:

Ok, I found it…however, the “Quick Links” is not showing up under the “What’s New” tab which is where I’m always situated when not reading a thread.

Also, how do I view my own profile from my UserCP? I only seem to be able to do that by clicking my own user name in a post and selecting view profile?

I think that’s a great idea Shr1k! Customizable themes would certainly make everybody happy, if it’s doable.

I believe you’ve found the best way to view your profile (as seen by the public). We’ll research adding an option/link to each member’s UserCP to make that a bit easier. Thanks for the idea!

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Thanks, that would be great. It’s the only way to view my visitor messages … I don’t always view them when I get a notification.

:slight_smile:

No nothing specific…just more variety…have you checked out all the ones Forex Factory offers?

Also, I noticed the icon links to MT4PIPS and MSN and any others are listed top down under our user names…wondering if someone had a few of those if it wouldn’t be better to list them left to right…? otherwise it could create more unneccessary white space…and by white space it usually means empty space which may or may not be white…lol

Well, there are definitely times when I could use a Jack Nicholson emoticon —

Light green will work just fine

Hey, How come everytime I log out, it forgets with courses I already completed…good thing my memory isn’t friend or I would have to start all over again like a groundhog…

how do you attach pictures now? I just tried and get some error. what’s the size limit?

Hey windmedic! This sounds like a browser cookie issue. The “remember” feature of the new School is not actually tied to your user account, but to your computer, or more specifically, your web browser. You must have cookies enabled for the feature to work. Also, your browser may be deleting cookies when closed, as a security precaution. Please confirm that cookies are enabled and that they are not being deleted when the browser is closed. If security is a concern and you want to delete cookies, I believe that every browser provides a way to save specific cookies while getting rid of the rest. The procedure to do this is browser specific, but a quick Internet search should get you fixed. :slight_smile:

Hey TalonD, we actually have this in our forum rules!

For the best possible user experience, we are limiting image sizes to 700x700 and all files to 2 MB. All files and images larger than this will not be uploaded onto the site.

May I ask how big the file you’re trying to upload. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!

Have you guys noticed we took out the “too much white” feature of the forums? We reverted it back to our old forum colors!

Is it much easier on the eyes now? :slight_smile: What do you think?

Ananais

testing
it is only 182K

when I try to upload a picture I get this error.

but I was able to upload these two pictures by clicking on ‘basic uploader’

I like the new colors. easier on the eyes for sure. :slight_smile:
oh yeah, and who says you can’t pick tops and bottoms? LOL

Actually I didn’t notice it until just now, guess one doesn’t notice when everything feels like home :slight_smile:

Much better now, don’t change a thing!

I experienced exactly the same and also had to use the basic uploader to get it done. I resaved the image several times making it smaller and smaller and it didn’t work when it was less than 700x700 either, but when I switched to basic upload it worked.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll have a look at the uploader and see what’s going on (or not going on ;)).

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Looks all nice now, Thank you.

Last wish maybe to automatically log out one if he stays a bit too long in the chat-room without typing? Last night I fell asleep in the lobby it feels like everyone had to step over the big bump on their way in and out, lol! But mainly to express some apology, wont happen again.