Tomorrow we’ll have a beautiful, brand-new BabyPips.com Forums!

The forum looks amazing. You did a great job guys! Thank You

Hi…any progress with the forum’s search bar? I still find that it’s not very good at finding stuff. :wink:

Yea , I do, The fonts are too small now , is hard for me to read, maybe a get a lot of older from last week , I think time pass by fast.

Did you try pressing Ctrl and + keys? That’ll zoom “in” your browser window…I just found this feature late last year…after all this time…and love it!

:slight_smile:

Hi Julie!

You are correct. It currently doesn’t spit out accurate (or in your thread’s case not even anything related to it) results and that must be frustrating and you can’t even ask others to just search for your thread’s name! But worry not. This, together with the missing posts issue are what we are currently working on. :slight_smile:

And yes, the new set of emoticons will come out soon also! I know you’re one of them emoticon requesters! :wink:

I’ll keep you updated!

Hey mods/admins!

I have now learned how to post pics again, but there’s one feature that I miss.

It used to be that very large images were resized to fit the post and there was a list placed above the image which, if clicked, opened up the full sized image. The images are still resized, but the list is gone :frowning:
That’s a feature I’d very much like to have again!

(Also, the attachment/image uploader isn’t exactly smooth… I’ve tried to upload my images directly to BP but that’s not working out for me, so I now do what I used to, upload to photobucket and insert the direct link from there.)

I cant get into the chat room with Opera. works fine with Chrome and FireFox. This may be on my end, overall I am finding Opera is having problems with many web pages I visit, not sure if its a setting I have wrong or a problem with the old desktop I use at home. Just thought I would let you know.
Over all I am used to the new layout and like it. I am also waiting for nicer :(;):slight_smile:

Looks good on the iPad. So a big thumbs up from me.

The changed post / reply bar background colour is great by the way :slight_smile:

It took us a little longer than expected, but the expanded batch of emoticons are back! We hope they’re close to feeling like normal. Let us know!

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

I like new smileys! :35: :18:

I like new features, however changes were made during intense London session, for me it’s not a good idea though.
My 2 cents

Thanks for the feedback, Luiz. If you’re referring to the recent downtime at the start of the month, that was definitely not planned, and out of our hands. Any changes we make to the Forums, and any part of BabyPips.com for that matter, are tested in several different environments by many people.

The recent downtime was caused by our DNS host. What they thought was going to be a seamless transition to some new servers, resulted in, well, you know…

We do, however, apologize for the problem - we want you all connected as long and as often as possible! We’ll do our best to keep it from happening in the future.

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Love it? Hate it? Think… Love it! Definitely!

thank you for good forum :slight_smile:

Hey, it’s been two months! I checked the forum search feature and it still works worth a crap…sorry to say :wink:

I think this should be priority over an exlusive forum that’s not quite as useful as an accurate search box.

Also, I just noticed the angelic emoticon not showing at the right side bar today with all the others when I’m editing my posts… (and today there are farm animals that weren’t there yesterday)…but if I type in the code for it (which I just happened to notice yesterday when i selected it) then it will show in my post (see below). So how many new emoticon are there supposed to be?..(emoticon head count)

Hi Julie,

We’ve had other issues to resolve in the past couple of weeks, but please be assured we’ve moved the forum search issue to the top of our priority list.

As for the emoticon head count, I’ll take a look and see if there were changes made.

Thank you so much!
Ananais

Hello Julie!

We’ve had some progress with the search function. It hasn’t completely addressed the issue though but our members’ actual posts seem to be showing up more accurately now. I remember Dale having issues with his year 2010 posts. We’ve fixed that up albeit not totally.

The forum search bar still isn’t as accurate (we’ve tested using the Pips of Glory thread) but a better solution is in the works. I’ll keep you updated.

Lastly, I’ll look into that default emoticon window order/arrangement. This will have to wait though as our focus right now is on the search function. :slight_smile:

Greetings Julie,

We feel we’ve made more progress on the forum search issue. We completely replaced the built-in forum search engine with a more robust one fingers and toes crossed. Please have a run at it and let us know how it performs.

We’ve also been able to determine that when a user clicks on “Find all posts by this user”, post results are limited to 500. We’re looking into ways to increase that amount, but it might be hardcoded into the forum software, so stay tuned.

We look forward to your feedback, as well as feedback from all other Forum Search users.

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle