Trading or Investing?

Hello everyone. I know this topic must be one of the most frequently discussed on the forums. But the answer is still open. It’s like the eternal theme of relationships between parents and children. One side don’t understand the other one and the dispute begins. So I want to ask you about your opinion. What is best: trading or investing? What was your experience? Is it positive or negative? Who invests? Who trades? Tell me about your experience.
It will be interesting for me to hear your opinion/thoughts about it. We all gathered here to share our thoughts.

Trading brings a profit sooner but demands frequent time input. Speculating takes longer to receive a profit but demands very little time input.

Its often said that investing long-term has low risk compared to trading - prices of certain assets tend upwards and if these are shares, you would receive dividend payments in the meantime. But this is not the whole picture. Prices of some assets do rise but not predictably: it would be very possible to own shares for 10 years but at the very moment you need to sell to realise your profits in order to meet expenses, their price is depressed, and it could take another 10 years for them to recover.

1 Like

As for me I am now engaged in both trade and investment. But I suspect this is a bad idea. Thus, I can’t decide what is closer to me (trading or investing). I went flop in trading and began to build my trader’s way anew. This is really interesting process. But apart from that it takes a lot of effort, time and nerves.Perhaps I reassure myself. Perhaps should only invest and trust money to a professional. Or vice versa. Do only trade.
So I want to hear any opinion on this matter.

Unless you’re physically incapable, never trust money to a professional. They are very professional people, but professional at getting money, not making it for other people.

Most of us are investors if we own the property we live in but also if we have a state or occupational or private pension scheme or personal insurance policies. So trading can be a diversification. It also has the possibility of making exceptional returns compared with commercial rates of interest on various accounts etc.

3 Likes

as has already been stated and will most likely get repeated over and over as often as i (as an I.T. Engineer) tell people to BACK UP YOUR DATA :stuck_out_tongue:

this question is like asking what’s better, Get an I.T. Guy like me to fix your computer or fix your own computer

well. it’s simple

• IF I FIX IT it will be a better job that if you were to fix it, but YOU’LL PAY MORE FOR IT

• IF YOU FIX IT, it won’t be done to a TRADE STANDARD but you might get away with it and you’ll end up paying far less if anything at all

TRADING - You put in Time, Effort and Gain Knowledge, it takes longer to achieve initially but you’ll reap the rewards if done correctly and make higher long term profit

INVESTING - You are at the mercy of the trader and how much they want to take as commission , you take on little to no risk but this is why you make bugger all
Example approx interest rate in australia on a term deposit is around 2%
on a $10,000 Investment , after 1 year, you will have earned $200

let me repeat that… $200 PROFIT FOR 1 YEAR LMFAO

Now. compare that to having $10,000 in your trading account and trying to get to $200
well… You’ll probably get there in 2 days to a week

DO THE MATH
if you can do it , you trade
if you can’t do it , you invest
simple as that

We do neither here bro. Trading involves physical exchange of goods. Investing means purchasing an asset in view of growth.

What we do here is speculating.

1 Like

An investor attempts to profit in the long term by buying (or selling) an asset at a substantial discount to their intrinsic value.

A speculator attempts to profit by successfully predicting the short-term fluctuations of an asset.

As a speculator, you’re not investing but making a calculated bet about which way the price will go. Short-term price fluctuations are caused by changes in the supply and demand of a particular asset, so speculators generally rely on technical analysis (TA).

A trader is a broad term, but usually associated with speculatiing. So trading and speculating tend to be used interchangeably.

2 Likes

The greatest trick the devil ever made was to convince the world he didn’t exist. The greatest trick bucket shop education pulled was to make us speculators believed we traded anything.

indeed
and then… LOL
he went and put that term into a lot of movies so that now everyone knows the devil exists and he’s an idiot LOL because we all know the greatest trick that he ever pulled

and every time it’s mentioned, it is told to us in such a way , as if we have never heard this before :stuck_out_tongue:

NOW HERE’S THE BIG QUESTION

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY CARE ? :stuck_out_tongue:
hehehehe

1 Like

God I hope not…

1 Like

a little while back i watched the movie, BLOOD AND BONE (if you haven’t seen it… watch it… it’s cool)
and i can’t help thinking in that scene where the greatest trick etc etc

i cant’ help thinking that one day if we see the devil, he’s gonna be pissed that no one paid attention :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see how this adds value to the conversation.

@_bob
Hold on , i’ve got one

@TradingPanda
ONLY WHEN YOU ARE BLIND DO YOU TRULY SEE :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Trading the act of buying selling or exchanging goods and services. The big boys trade. We however only trade with our broker. We are buying into a contract. No different to going down to maccas and buying a burger.

The act is speculating. You enter into a contract on the premise that the price of the underlying asset will move favourably in your direction.

There is no buying selling or exchange of goods or services.

Bit of the pot calling the kettle black in your statement

I have been trading for 5 years. One year was absolutely a failure. I lost a lot of money while testing different strategies. Then began to invest. In general, it was a year of trial and error. But then I started to trade well, reached certain heights. And as a trader who has been trading for more than five years, I traded not only on my accounts. As I said above, I have experience in this. If you even trade on someone else’s account, then you get only a small % of the investor’s profit.
And I absolutely agree with you on your last words about trade and division into different accounts.

1 Like

Like this description. :joy: I already imagined how you fix my comp. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I still can’t learn to trade, so i still pay. This is a contentious issue would i pay more when investing. Maybe investing would bring me profit. Either I’m an idiot, or I don’t understand something in the market.

You said the right words. And you know about it, and I know, and others. What can you say about your experience. Do you trade or invest?

@Peter_Schultz
No… You’re not an idiot.
the fact that you are questioning it … PROVES you are not an idiot.

hehe
Reminds me of this scene in the Movie King Arthur
where Bors say’s to the priest
"Does… this really work ?“
then says
"Maybe i’m not doing it correctly” hehe

Mate, clearly you are underestimating my awesomeness with computers
IMAGINE IT AGAIN…IMAGINE HARDER…hehe
You’re not doing it correctly.

Now as @tommor said

so the question is… ARE YOU INCAPABLE ?

if your’e going to be a trader , You need to put in time and effort to learn
you have to be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goal
it’s that simple

if you are not prepared to put in the time, then Investing is the better option for you .
Investing will bring you profit, the account manager will guarantee that
but it won’t be near as good as if you traded yourself

I believe that trade is the best and fastest way to earn money. But I also think that if there is not enough experience, skill and luck. It is better not to go into trade. And try to start investing in more successful traders.

As Walter White (from “BREAKING BAD”) would say. You’re goddamn right !

1 Like