Trading spot gold and spot oil

:Di am not trading at 99% since the very beginning in 2007…some adjustment in targets and lot size had been made…but since january 2009, i have only 2 losing trades(not in a row0 AND 818 WINNING TRADES…for a ratio of 99.75% of winning trades this year…but for now i am 90 pips away of having my third loss in gold…at the moment i am writing this post…but wind can change rapidly in gold and oil;)

:Dexcuse me…90 pips away ;)in oil and 250 pips away on gold

Is this WTI oil on odl? Spread used to vary a lot on WTI especially when ny was closed. You said twice the spread do you take the spread at the time of placing the order? ie the spread at 4pm NY time?

Also what is the minimum tp? Do you scale out? Which EA are u using to manage the trade? Please tell us at what point u move stop to breakeven and when the trailing stop kicks in and for how much?

:smiley: third loss of the year on spot gold…-927 pips…and just after…+93 pips;the tool i am using is a trade manager i have created and paid a programmer to code it…it manage trades on hidden mode(brokers proof)and the setup according to currency traded may be different from a trader to the other…personnally,on gold …tp …2500
sl…lenght value of ref.candle(no more than 5%) trailing start at…250 pips
trailing stop…125 pips
breakeven start at 150 pips
pips to breakeven…100 pips
about my trade manager…it is a very good tool but i do not want to make or sell with any promotion on it(not permitted on this site)i am thinking of maybe sell it on ebay…but not sure about it…we’ll see;)

:Dnot wti…oil…oil …oil!:wink:

;)HERE IS MY OIL TRADE OF THE MORNING;LAST 7 DAYS ON OIL TRADING:+534 PIPS…NO LOSSES…IN GOLD TRADING…+7459 PIPS(WORTH 745 IN FACT BECAUSE GOLD PIP VALUE IS 10 % OF STANDARD LOT PRICE) NICE TRADING DAY ALL OF YOU!:eek:

last trade on gold(25/11/2009)…entry on buy stop on gold at 1171.85…exit at 1174.22…another +237 pips:eek:;

;)here is my calls…gold…buy stop at 1178.37…sell stop at 1172.48;tp…1500,sl…1000,trailing stop start at 250,trailing stop…150,breakeven…125 and finally pips to breakeven at 100…all these targets for both trades! when one of these trades activated…then delete the other because new setup for a good entry will have change at this stage! so…happy trading time all of you guys! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi General,

I must be missing something here. Attached is my ODL chart for Daily Gold, and it shows the high of yesterday as 1171.22 and low as 1157.75. By my reckoning this would make the orders as buy stop at 1172.22 (1171.21 + 100 pips) and sell stop at 1156.75 (1157.75 - 100 pips). What am I missing here?

Edit: I think it must be down to difference in broker clock as your previous post for trade of 25/11 was the one for what I would call “today”!! - what timezone is your broker in please General, guess it must be a few hours different to the one I use (GMT+1)?

;)ok…the gold buy stop had close at 1179.37…stoppped out by breakeven pips to…for another +100 pips…adjust the sell stop at 1176.31…this is a new strategy based on 30 minutes chart…giving me results as good as daily without waiting for us open or euro open…then more easy to call ,without a lot of restriction…it is why your time zone was nort compatible with mine…this is me that is changing the rules…sorry;)

:wink: here is my call on gold…buystop at 1183.27…targets as usual;
oil…buystop at 77.32…sellstop at 76.69…oil targets:tp…250,sl…100,trailing start at 25,trailing stop…25,breakeven…25,and pips to breakeven is 10…happytrading time guys!:wink:

OK, so what are the rules for the 30min entry now please General P - if you would be so kind?

ok…each new hight(on a close 30 minutes candle)…then place a buystop at the high value plus 2 time the spread as a buffer confirmation…and a sell stop at the low of the 5 last 30 minutes candle…simple as that!;for example …if gold reach 183.00 on aclose candle,then place buystop at 1184…for sell stop…apply rules to the inverse way!
also…always consider the wick end value of the candle for a new high,but never consider the tail end value as the targeted entry…in other words…consider the entire candle for a buystop…and only the body of the candle for a sell stop!..hope it is clear enough! sorry for the confusion…happy trading time!

sorry for the confusion here!..first of all ,the english is not my native language and sometimes i do not find the exact words for sharing my mind!..secondly,i am used to be a good trade caller (entry and exit) but a very bad teacher!
It is possible that i will stop replying this thread because i am working hard on a possibility of starting a website for the oil and gold trading,with direct and sms calls and signals,in exchange of a reasonnable monthly subscription fees,with the possibility for a trader to acquire the trade managers tools i coded if he wants; i am working on it and hope to be operationnal on january or as soon as possible! i am presently teaching and training some partner on more specific to this strategy calling ability,for being online 24/24, 5 day a week! so keep trading well …and check out…gold buystop is coming fast…too late …activated yet! happy trading time guys!

:wink: ok guys…entry on oil at 77.27(buystop)…keeping sell stop at 76.69:eek:see you later for the results:D

sell stop triggered…interesting you are starting a website. Was this just something that occurred to you within the past couple of hours… I think keeping up postings in the meantime and teaching your system here would make people more willing to pay whatever modest monthly subscription you decided to ask for. After all this is a “Free Trading Systems” forum and you may be accused of blatant promotion here - best to keep people on your side I think, based on how this kind of thing has gone previously :wink:

ok guys…some trades should not had been taken…it is 3 x spread in buffer confirmation for entry…instead of 2 like i said before…buy stop on gold and oil are not valid yet…but sell stop on oil should had been activated at 76.57…sorry again…my indicator’code signal had some problem that i had to fix …no trade till fix!:frowning:

only want to inform people like you Shandy…why it is possible that there will be no following on this thread soon;this website was supposed to be installed last year…but my partner was not ready and i had a very big surgery that made it impossible to achieve before! i received news of my partner yesterday and we decided last night of going forward on this! only purpose was to share with people the possibility of trading these commodity with success on mt4,even there are some losing trades …rarely in fact!:slight_smile:

Theres surely a discrepency here General. On your very first post you say you have a success rate of 49 trades and 2 losses in the last 3 months but in this post (#21) you say 818 winners and 2 losses since Jan2009. How did you go from 49 winners in 3 months to 818 in 11 months ? Assuming you perhaps meant 81 winners that would still suggest that between Jan and August you had zero losers?
Thanks

But you wrote yourself that it had to be 2x spread as the buffer - so this wasn’t the indicator at fault! I couldn’t see anyway why you had triggered a buy stop as the last high was 77.21, plus 10 pips would be 77.31 and price only reached 77.23, so shouldn’t have triggered either way?

Does the daily system use 2x or 3x of the spread as the buffer?