Wallstreet Forex Robot

johnny is smartfx scalper better than this?

yes it is, however this ea has done well overall

Johnny,

are you running with it at the moment? could you post some results or direct somewhere where there are results?
Thanks

November Results

November results (4 majors)

**for some reason I havenā€™t had a single NZD/USD trade. Is anybody else running wallstreet with this pair? Have there been any trades? Iā€™m not sure whats going on with that.

Otherwise Wallstreet has not been great lately. We will have to see what 2012 brings for this ea.

I am running NZD/USD on demo and the last time it traded was 29 Nov. 11. Ive have had 4 trades in total.

Chris

thanks Chris. I will have to look into this. I also notice the stop loss is huge on this one. I am certainly going to keep risk low until I see how it does.

Thanks Johnny, is there anyone else willing to share their expriences?

Johnny: from the charts above, do I aaume yo9ur reccomendation is to run the majors only?

Any hints & Tips if I want to try it?

Thanks

Ive been getting trades on NU, not as many as GU or EU but im getting trades. Think theyā€™ve all been winners too since middle of october

Soā€¦is wall street bot making a come back? I know that for a while nobody was speaking about Wall Street Forex, but suddenly I see it pop up more and more. Wondered whatā€™s the deal with that

1 month forward test with different settings.
The main difference is start lot with AutoMM is 0.01 So it is only trading larger lot sizes on recovery mode.

Below is another test just started with very different settings.

[QUOTE=goldylox;310740]1 month forward test with different settings.
The main difference is start lot with AutoMM is 0.01 So it is only trading larger lot sizes on recovery mode.

I prefer to trade with fixed lot amounts regardless of conditions. Otherwise one can end up wiping out the profits from several profitable trades with one trade of a larger amount that ends up being a loser. It is conservative traders with long term strategies and viewpoints that are the winners at this game: ā€˜Slow and steady wins the raceā€™: not erratic spurts of different sizes. Money management is crucial. The successful (professional) long term winners donā€™t usually have more than 1% or 2% of their account in play at any one time. They also tend to use quite low leverage rates They donā€™t fall prey to all of the wildly exaggerated hype in the retail of the ForEx being a ā€˜Get Rich Schemeā€™ where one can start with $100 ~ $500 and be a millionaire within a few months or a couple of years at the most.
Also there are numerous (commercial) ā€˜so calledā€™ EAs that utilize a SL up to 25 or even 50 TIMES larger than the TP setting on the theory that the SL is so large that it will never get hit. This NEVER works. Their arenā€™t many systems around that have an accuracy win rate of at least 25 or 50 winners with only one loss. This results in just a break even at best and usually results in ones account being wiped out. I try not to make any trades with a P/L ratio lower than one. Thus all trades have the potential of larger wins than potential losses. Or at least equal amounts as a minimum.

Its not that I want to trade the 0.01 lots at all. It would be better if it didnā€™t trade these. It just for some reason works better only trading the recovery trades??

Your comments dont make sense as I am still using the same SL, Break Even parameters & closing strategy.
The risk is pretty much the same. Except I am avoiding a larger percentage of losing trades ( well not avoiding, just trading them at 0.01 lots)
So they are not ā€œErratic Spurtsā€. They are the only trades I am wanting to trade.

Also you can work out your risk based on your largest losing trades and your acceptable risk, so saying you are not going to risk more then 2% of your account is a bit silly. Alot of people will accept a max drawdown of 30%. If you are looking to only make 10% per year, you should look at other investments. I want a return over 20% per month.

I only forward tested this because it backtested so much better. Thought I would let you ppls know. Of course it could bomb out next month.

Hi GoldyLox,
My comments were more on trading the ForEx generally as opposed to the specifics of Wall Street.
I appreciate you sharing your productive and successful findings with the Wall Street EA as mine has been a bit on the erratic side and is only slightly profitable overall,
One thing that I did find was something that I had not knowingly used: I was trading all four of the recommended pairs using the EURUSD settings. Unfortunately FXDD erringly wiped out this demo account on me.
I concur with you about the importance of brokers. It can and does make the difference between profit and loss more than most people believe. I know that I paid less attention to this until I started testing different brokers myself. One useful method that was recommended to me was to download MT4 and the back data from MQ themselves and then trade this and ones brokers as well with the exact same system and settings. This can demonstrate how far down on the food chain they are. That is, how many intermediaries that they are going through before we get the data that they are using and/or how much ā€˜massagingā€™ that their dealing desk is doing.
Prosperous trading. (< 8)

Hi,

i didnt go through the whole thread, too many pages :s

i just want to know if you recommend this robot or should i get another one? and if i do get it, do i have to change anything or as it comes in default is good enough?i will start with 300usd and keep adding when ever i can because i also like trading my self in another account

thank you in advance and sorry if all the answers are in the thread and i didnt go through them

Nabil

PD:will it run well on FXCM?

Have they have had any updates on the Wall Street Forex bot recently? Wondered if it is worth investing, if they are updating regularly, etcā€¦or is it just a set-and-forget project like some forex bots out there

No clue, i want to purchase it but waiting to hear from u guys on what i should do

for what i have read Master Scalper is better, if you want a good answer ask jhonnykanoo, he owns this ea and several others to compare.

regards

ill wait till he replies and see what he sais, i saw many threads of him with eas, wonder wich one he would recomend,thanks

jej look at page 29 (on this thread) on top , he answered a similar question to me

saw it, guess ill buy the scalper then, see how it goes, just made an account with the same trader as he has and going to purchase now the scalper, i hope its the right website and not some fake :frowning: just having trouble because payment method appears to be only paypal :confused:

should i leave everything default on the scalper?

thank you