What is your forex trading goal?

Most of the forex traders have the long-term goal of making a lot of money in forex market quitting their jobs and be financially free. However, if we look around we will find out that the forex traders who reach their long term goals are in the minority.

1. Make pips
  2. Keep pips
  3. Repeat

Kidding. I’d also like to trade full time but I recognize that I’ll need a lot more time and effort before I can reach that level. For now my goal is just to keep on developing my trading system and execute consistently.

My goal:

These year, my main goal is survival. I would like to see my live account survived and hopefully keep some profits.

Then, shoot for consistent 10-15% monthly…

I am not sure what I would do if I ever quit my job. I will be so bored so for now, I am not thinking about quitting my job because I love what I do so I will keep that while maintaining my profits. Looks like a win win if you ask me :slight_smile:

Like you said my main goal is to trade for a living eventually hopefully maybe in few years from now on.

For now my main goal is to bring back my small account back to where it was while backtesting this system that I’ve been working around for few weeks now. If it proves to work for me then I’ll go ahead and add a little of funds into my account and go from there. Slow and steady but of course gotta be aiming for 10-20% but it’s too early for me to set my gain that high. Currently I’m -0.11%.

hmm goals! aside from making millions? i guess i’d like ot keep a positive streak lessen the loses and make a decent number of pips monthly! thats about it and its not easy at all! :smiley:

Trading for a living is undoubtedly on a lot of people’s lists.

Only patience and time will tell.

In the beginning…

Buying myself a nice seaside condo in an upper-class suburb of my city. And travel the world in business class (cause traders fly BUSINESS class, not first class :stuck_out_tongue: )

Now, to earn enough money so I can live a relatively simple life in my own mobile home. According to my projections, it should occur within the next 5-10 years, and I’ll be permanently out of the rat race. :slight_smile:

The key to wealth isn’t so much about increasing your income, but decreasing your expenses. If your expenses are $0 and you earn $1, your wealth is $1 / $0 = infinity. With a simple lifestyle, trading becomes much more viable.

Hmmm.
I guess my goal is to trade enough to establish a foundation for financial education. I want to milk the pips to help pay for down payments on real estate investments and to funnel into dividend stocks for the foundation.

My goal is to keep doing what I’m doing.:cool:

I was thinking quitting my job because its boring and low income. But forex too is not a easy task. But, not as much as my job.
My goal is to make smarter monthly income.

Exactly, same here. I just want out of the rat race. It’s obvious greed will kill you in this game. Slow and steady wins the race. My goal is 5% monthly, consistently. I want consistency and freedom from my job.