Why share your strategy?

Sometimes the simple things are overlooked. There are two reasons I think why traders like to share their system. The first reason is the aspiring trader that is not necessarily trying to share his system but is in reality looking for confirmation from other traders as to whether his method will work. Human beings tend to seek out like minds and shy away from those of different opinions. The second reason is the season trader that has a method that is making the money. Once you have a method that works consistently and profitably day in and day out things get to be routine and boring. For the most part you’ve read and studied everything out there. That’s how you got to be successful to start with. So it’s more of a matter of trying to alleviate the board of of what to do between setups that turns you to sharing your methods with other people. For the most part as long as it’s not distracting from your trading I think it would be acceptable to share your knowledge. I don’t believe that you can get a watering down effect because if I were to explain my methodology of trading in great detail to 20 traders probably only one would understand my methods completely even though it simple. Then there’s the psychological effect of trading. My method doesn’t work because of superior setups were chart reading. It works because I molded into my personality. So those 19 other traders are probably focused on their own opinions that they would fail to realize the psychology behind my method.

I agree. You never stop learning even from absolute beginners a trader who claims to know it all is hopeless. Most institutions don’t trade anymore they market make and the ones that do stick with equities and index futures and coms because the volatility is higher, a small portion trade in currency but it is widely known that this market in their opinion is like watching paint dry. So they prefer to take long term positions on behalf of larger retail investors as a more diversified portfolio.

That into perspective the only real traders left are us still doing it manually, so in many ways sharing is like being on a prop desk, only a virtual one. In the real trading arena there are no newbies as such. If your desire is to trade a few millions, trade your account for a few years sure a small profit or even a small loss, mail your statements to every hedge fund you can find with you trading plan, I have no doubt that a hedge fund will consider you, in fact they are several proprietary desks in London who are putting out adverts for you trade as a test for 3 weeks and if you meet their targets you get an instant 100k fund to trade with another target and you keep a large portion of the profits.

This is the reason why I get so frustrated when these failures keep lurking around just yapping about what they saw on youtube or TV. Reality is much different, there are opportunities out there for those willing to strive for it and Forex is a great training ground because it is margined and less volatile than all the other asset classes because of its importance the global economy. If you can’t cut it in that environment what makes you think you belong in trading at all?

Anyway, it is great to share because you inspire others and learn a few things yourself.

This is the reason why I get so frustrated when these failures keep lurking around just yapping about what they saw on youtube or TV. Reality is much different, there are opportunities out there for those willing to strive for it

I think you need a serious reality check … Emeraldorc

The first criterion for success as a trader, is to have an understanding of the odds are against you as a trader and the amount of starting capital you need to live by trading.

Anna Coulling is a successful trader with no training at all and you are welcome to google her achievements, she actually went to trading to change her life but was also willing to invest in her own education as she realized she was a simple trader. Now she lives in nice part of London, does not sell strategies or organize seminars she simply just trades,

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/66878-why-share-your-strategy.html#ixzz35iuG9EKP

When you are so blind and loves Anne Coulling, where you mention that she is not selling strategies, live in a nice part of London while you do not see the neon lights of advertising on the Web Site and all her presentations, which she sells futile indicators for an expensive monetary to all beginners …!!
It’s almost like stealing candy from a baby

judge self

Discover how to make money from online trading, including futures trading, forex trading, day trading, commodities trading and stock trading with Anna Coulling.

The judgment shows that you’ve lost before you’ve begun.

You mention being frustrated by some videos on You tube, while yourself litter You - Tube with your own videos.

The chart from your videos look like a Christmas tree of indicators with clear address Coulling as inspiration.

Your market understanding can debatable, according to you when the market goes sideways so it is retail traders who dominate and moving market, it is one of the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my life … !!

You are spreading ignorance to other beginners as its inspiration spreads ignorance on to others

Quality trading videos

To uplight you head

Probabilities, Timing, Scaling

Took me the 2 years to actual arrive at 70% win to loss ratio

You claim that you have a 70% win two loss ratio, My comment BS prove it …

in fact they are several proprietary desks in London who are putting out adverts for you trade as a test for 3 weeks and if you meet their targets you get an instant 100k fund to trade with another target and you keep a large portion of the profits.

Get a job as a trader:

If you really think that a fund allows you to allocate 100 K after 3 weeks of test that you pass, you’ve fallen asleep in class …

There are right that you find “fund” offering courses and test where you pay a “fee” to be tested or you pay a deposit of 10k to dispose 100K and you are allowed to lose a maximum of 10%; …Lose 10%, you must pay a new deposit.

If you believe that a fund allows you a job where you show a few years of trading sheet so dream on!!
The problem is that trading is a “mind game” many may have success as traders with small amounts of money. When take the step to money who have big value for you , most traders failure .

Compare paintball with bullet …

Coming to a fund where you have traded 100K of own money or other life savings, with max drown at 5% and traded better than the stock index over the past 5 years then it is possible to be considered.

Otherwise you have to queue up with 500-1000 others top educated with their CV, every time a fund take in new traders.

All is not hopeless to become a trader …

Here is a video about real traders …
floored my favourite movie

I actually read one of Anna Coullings Books.Then would ask Amazon for my money back I can only comment on the one book I read. It was practically cut and pasted from the Internet websites. Being a successful trader and knowing what works and what doesn’t I can tell you that book was totally worthless and designed to enrich only the author and not the reader.In my opinion it was extremely poor writing. But the most part is being someone who studies just about everything there is, it did not take long to realize that many of the paragraphs that are reading were almost direct copies of other information that I had read on the Internet.

TORULF

Stop insulting people… You already had a go at me on my Anton Kreil thread

and called me an idiot for even suggesting that his videos might be of interest

to others (imagine!)

If you do not want to get yourself banned, stop this attitude from making you

become a lonely figure shouting in the wind, unheard by all… You may be

right about many things, but you cannot tell people off for having opinions

different from yours.

It is up to you, but it is not pleasant to be insulted… Nobody has offended

you, so your attack on people is completely unprovoked.

Cheers

my stategy is simple. i use 2 EMA, if it cut up . i buy and it cut down. i sell. it is simple. but it is effective with me. with any stategy we need combine with a risky management. it will be better

No, there is no downside cause is completely pontless. Believe me, I’ve been there. THe only strategy that works is cut loses short and let profits run, the rest is jus a dowsing game.

Haha, I like your comparison… :D, but thanks for your insights. Letting the profits run for me is sometimes a bit tricky, bacause how much of your profits are you willing to loose to let it run?

You can either use trailing SL or adjust your SL manually by doing so you’re locking in on your profits while keeping your positions open. Sounds simple but took me a while to actually do it.

Pipmehappy,

If you first criticize me, try to stick to the facts …

I have never called you a "idiot " but used the term category “useful idiot”

As pointed formulation in a discussion about Anton Kreil

And quite frankly it being called “useful idiot” you have to expect when you totally
uncritically post Anton Kreil propaganda and blind admiration.

In particular, would you, that forum members should study a video of Anton Kreil
Any upgoing person will understand that the video completely unrealistic nonsense.

[U]The only purpose of this video is to give you an euphoric feeling that you can become a millionaire by trading and then lure money from you to buy an expensive course to turn you into a millionaire.

[/U]
I asked you what is special about the video, only response I have received from you “valid point””valid point ”

Even after many valid point from my side, you did not stop your blind admiration of Anton Kreil …
I ask again what special about the video,!!

Make sure that you watch part 4: YouTube

Anton Kreil goes through in parts 3 and 4 of the videos, namely what income a trader would have if trading his/her own account as opposed to working in an investment bank, over ten years…

Hmm from 25 K to 12 million after 10 year ,not bad not bad , May i ask what you was smoking when study Anton kreils videos !!!

[U]So what exactly does “useful idiot”

In political jargon, useful idiot is a term for people Perceived as propagandists for a cause-whose goals they are not fully aware of, and who are cynically used by the leaders of the cause.
[/U]

Some quotes that you have posted on babypips about Anton kreil

it was coming from someone who has MADE IT and had the track record to show that IT CAN BE DONE…

held me in total fascination with him as a human being
because he has really shown me how in life, as much as in trading, certain human qualities are essential for good leadership.

If anyone should deserve an Honorary FX Man status, well, we should look no further!!

where he talks to students
about what it is that they would be doing in investment banks and hedge funds as
professional traders, should they choose to do so…

I hoped people would comment, perhaps, on the interesting figures that Anton Kreil goes through in parts 3 and 4 of the videos, namely what income a trader would have if trading his/her own account as opposed to working in an investment bank, over ten years…

Make sure that you watch part 4: YouTube.

I don’t know what’s this all commotion about Anton Kreil I do find him as an excellent trader… Well his track record shows that, but his philosophy is totally different when it comes to trading and I can understand that being that he comes from managing large amounts of money and his prior work. His idea of trading is purely of an investment type, so no trading for a living as I understood him. For him the minimum amount of $$ to open an account is around 100k $ which is ok, I understand him but it is too much to swallow for regular people. So would I pay for his course, yes absolutely, but it is not in tune with my understandings and that is I wan’t to day trade for a living with a 5k account.

Can you show me his track record ?

I am surprised this thread is still going if I was the forum manager I will lock it down. It is pointless.

I have read some of your rants, I think you just making an effort to be anal and you seem angry about something… If you weren’t busy insulting people I would give you a brief history on my background and send you to my linkedin page. Nevermind! I worked as a consultant with a German hedgefund on the greenfield sourcing side with physical commodities (none that paper nonsense) for 2 years it was my life traveling to places your embassy won’t even let you go. Most of the guys in that fund who are incredibly successful trade everything including CDS’s (Do you even know what that is?). Nevermind!!

This for me is what’s wrong with the Internet. Some obese dude or school boy anonymously having a go at people socializing and having fun with what they love, regardless if they are loosing every penny. When I started messing with trading me and a friend dropped 1400 sterling and lost it all in a day, we still have a laugh about it. Why? I can afford to. I ca trade for a living if I wish… Most of my good friends who are traders some have made millions, others more modest amounts but they all have traded everything and a made a fortune doing it, most have never had a real job. So I think you can shut up with your stereo typing and abuse. You broke son of a *****! Stick to your day job which I am sure is crap…

I happened to mention Anna not because her business idea but rather because in the 3 books she wrote she wrote one of the most in depth fundamental analysis and volume analysis ever written echoed by some really top traders in the city as someone who studied market micro structure it is a great piece to read. her style is based on this and she has a strong following as she has taught professional traders and has 17 years of real trading experience in the equity, commodity and currency area. If she sells indicators that she designs, good luck to her after 17 years of trading for a living why not? Indicators didn’t always exist, how do you figure she survived? Dumb ass!!! Selling indicators no doubt…

You really showed up your stupidity when you tried to talk about Kreil. First off he started his career as a stock trader with his money in university, discovered a form of arbitrage which was common in the old days, goldman sachs were so impressed they hired him on the IPO side of the business after a few IPO’s he was moved to the retail side of the business and managed £200m fund on a prop desk. He retired at 28 and started selling training courses but has also placed several traders into hedgefunds.

Yes I do have a 70% win ratio but I place on average between 100-150 trades a year. You can folloow some of my trades on another thread. I make enough in real estate so don’t want to be a trader. It is not my fault this is the case but sadly I do make a sum I am happy with. C’est la vie… FxPro GBPJPY h1 1Q5wn | cTrader This is a trade I did back in May. Please smell the digits on there you will never take that off the market…

I never brag about trades but for you I was prepared to shame your failing trading career. You are ignorant and stupid trading in secondary markets can be done by anyone and you don’t need a job to do it because the first rule for all those so fortunate to trade in hedgefunds is put down your own dosh… Go home torul and leave the good people of babypips alone

LOOSER!!!

Lol!! you guys are so cute and adorable :slight_smile: Someone needs a hug or 2 ? :60::60:

Emeraldorc,

Below is interesting little cut and paste from a post by torulf39, March 15 2014. Might explain his/her hostility when posting on this forum. :56:
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/63763-trade-idea-short-eurusd-opinions-2.html#post612367

You again? I thought you were banned by now, like that pizza guy.

Ohh Mr. Gone. Did you missed me? Lol I know you do :slight_smile:

Nope. Not until you get banned first :wink:

For being honest, a big NO. But what do I care. Because of people like you I have decided to walk away for a while.

Such a bitter heart Mr. Gone… Just let it go…

And you, a big scammer. If there were no forum rules I would say something worse than that.