Why share your strategy?

Sure… Whatever you say… I can take Visa or Master card. Wire transfer is fine too… So you have any other " ass" set that I don’t know about? You have tell me that too…so I can buy a Porsche or 2… Would that be all,Sir? * rolls eyes*

I don’t even have to read what was said before your post to laugh. Lol. I love it. You make me smile. What happened? Another trader trying to pick you up huh? Hehe. Might have to sign them up for our traders dating service xD. We gonna make bank!

Don’t feed the trolls.

Lol you are an idiot.

“Omg! You have proof of a single trade!” bows before the trading master

I was hoping to find an intelligent discussion in here, but this thread went sour fast. :frowning:

This question is something I have wondered for a while. Does sharing reduce your edge if you share with enough people? Or does it make the system work better? Or are the markets so big as to be completely unaffected by the small percentage of capital contributed by retail traders such as ourselves?

Well according to some folks it can reduce your edge, and otherssay it doesn’t matter. So with many things in forex I guess it’s a gray area…?

@PollyE @ sabre 24

value of sharing systems / strategies can be discussed, on forexfactory will you find find over 2000 strategies … None of them can boast that they make money by trading

So theoretically you test a system per week will take over 4o years … During 40 years there have been at least 10,000 new futile strategies …

I rest my case emeraldorc

Your little post that tells everything about you, There’s nothing more to discuss.

Some people have to embellish reality by producing a glossy picture of themselves.

Being banned by ebay is not the same as working for a hedge fund but what does that kind of small details …!!!

I guess we all have to decorate the facade.

knowledge of trading and the ability to filter out Bs from useful information is not present. You are a blind follower that creates new blind follower.

What in heaven are you doing in ”Freelance Brains ” !!!

How can you prove that PipNRoll is a scammer?

Has she ever tried making money out of anyone?

She works a day job and trades in her spare time, like many of us, and her MyFxBook track record is there for all to see…

However I agree with you about Torulf… Do not feed the trolls… Indeed…

To answer Polly E , small-crumb retail speculators like us are not market movers individually, so whatever amazing systems we may or may not share it will be far beyond the reach or care of the big money-makers, who operate in different circles… I am guessing this… Just my sixth sense…

What do you think?

Heh, you’ll have to call JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs and ask for his track record there :slight_smile: Or ask him directly, I don’t know where could you get it else on internet…

Poor baby… Freelance brains?? Banned from Ebay?? Seriously??? Glossy Picture of myself? If you live in London happy to meet you for a coffee (on me). How about the Brasserie in Sloane Square? We can have a proper chat then no need for Googling.

FYI freelance brains is a social meetup group duh! (in my business I socialize a lot). Banned from Ebay, yes a few years ago a friend and I met a contact on a trip to Shanghai who roped me into investing in memory sticks (worth a couple quid then) we listed them everywhere not just Ebay, well they turned out to be faulty so we cut our losses (as you can imagine people were not happy). Ebay wasn’t happy neither were we so we cut our losses. Still made a couple of grand (bad business venture) happens all the time…I spent a small fortune cleaning it up on the web but the INTERNET is a jungle FYI I now have a new Ebay account (would you like the ID?). In any case I have no real ego so I am happy to talk about mistakes and failures (unlike some). Digging up dirt which we all have is the most common looser tactics (I recall Obama being called a terrorist by the loosing party). Fraudsters, crook, liar are commonly used against the successful from the dawn of time.

So what does this prove? What else would you like to Google? Clutching for straws I can see. I guess the last post really touched you. I just want you to feel what others are feeling. None of this was necessary if you weren’t insulting some good people in here.

I realize you were incarcerated for a while (as the last poster pointed out), this can breed some anger. Well I can’t say I have been in your shoes but at 18 I joined the armed forces and I understand entirely what it means to be reprogrammed to hate.

To the dude [B]Bigdiddy emergency[/B] [I]mopping about 1 trade please feel free to follow some my other trades on a separate thread. I was just being cheeky, of course I place over 150 trades per year do you honestly think I will publish that all here for your pleasure? I am not forcing you to trade, everyone is here of their own free will if it is not for you then don’t do it. why have a go at others? If you can’t do it, there is no shame. Note trading can only provide you independence if done correctly but most people will never earn a living from it because it involves structuring other elements of your life too. One of my tenants plays online poker pays me my rent every month so I am happy, who cares how he does it? My fellow landlords won’t even rent to him so they will inevitably miss out, he has been in my property for 4 years now. [/I]

[I]Psychologist say people who use words like Big and Large on social media are usually suffering from confidence issues and are over compensating. Why call me an idiot? Just look at my other posts before jumping to conclusions…
[/I]

Look guys let’s put an end to this discussion. It is just a social media site after all. Let’s agree to disagree. You say markets are a scam. I refer to the market efficiency hypothesis. Markets are efficient. so there is always room to profit. You can be a realist and I a dreamer. No more personal attacks!

Did you know the word lunatic comes from lunar fanatic i.e. people who believed it was possible to travel to the moon? Oh! There are still people who think it was all a hoax…

Just realized I made senior member on this thread. :).

Rightly said pipme. We should move on from this thread. The OP dude’s question is answered and I suggest we boycott posts from those who insult others for no reason. Not much point engaging them. I just could not help noting the raging attacks on you good folks.

For some reason, people think we are trying to make some kind of extra cash from talking about finance and playing the markets. Beats me…

Exactly. Things you should pretty much always do; things pretty much you should never do. And the number 1 reason why traders take a trip to the traders grave yard. . ." The Grey area where the answer is “Depends”

Here’s a very valuable tip I got from another trader when we were going back and forth with regard to a topic. He said this; I said that, and is final post was “Semantics” And that’s my tip. “Don’t try and debate or follow Semantics.” whether someone chooses to share or not share strategies is a waste of your time. . . and the important thing about time which is not debatable is once you’ve wasted it, you lose it, cause you can’t get time back. IMO of course

:slight_smile: Thanks.

Mr. Gone just loves to pick on me from time to time. I forgot to tell him that I would prefer to get paid in USD, Euro, or GBP not some Bolivian currencies :). What a sweet heart…

Ha, I thought I am already in some kind of “speed dating” forum/website?.. oh well wrong posts I guess lol

Oh Yes, and a waitress when I get bored in a well known established gourmet restaurant called Twin Peaks and Hooters… You guys should stop by and see me sometimes ;)…and don’t forget to leave tips for your waitresses :5:

Hehe. Pipnroll always making me smile. We haven’t started our speed trader dating website yet silly.

On a more serious note. Does sharing or revealing your strategy cause it to loose effectiveness? For 99% of you yes. For the 1% no. Why? Because 99% of you borderline trade the same systems with a few small “adjustments” which in reality practically do nothing. For the 1% on the other hand, sharing doesn’t destroy their strategy. Why? Because the system they use actually is a real “edge.” The 1% find something unique about the market that can be exploited with some degree of accuracy time and time again indefinitely to produce a profit.

Think outside the box, most of you are still stuck inside. Use your imagination. I heard of a firm that trades off elephant migration patterns profitably. I’m not sure which episode it’s in, but I saw it on Wall Street Warriors

To continue selling a product after you were aware that it was defective tells a little about your business ethic, memory stick is not the only “defective” product you have sold.

Your failed business attempt is nevertheless irrelevant in relation to forex trading …

You like to talk about anger … I guess your who have expressed remorse during our little discussion, I will not let me influence either negatively or positively by you

The main reason for my little critical arguments against some of your comments that you have posted, the influence your opinions, completely blind admiration and ignorance about forex that you spread around on this forum.

Both you and me know that your 70% win ratio is BS …
Had you been right’d proven this long ago …!

Fraudsters, crook, liar are Commonly used against the successful from the dawn of time.

Hmm no ego …

Fake it, until you make it,

Why call you an idiot…? Because I have read quite a few of your comments since you have started posting to the forum, and that’s the best description of you after taking all of them into consideration. You post a lot of unfactual ideas, combine this with an obviously high order of self-confidence and you get someone who is convincing himself he knows what he is talking about, without the ability of learning that he’s not correct.

Hi, in relating to the topic, I think the right question is “why care about not showing your strategy when your broker could be monitoring your strategy?” The brokers are the ones that have information about your trades,timing,currencies and even lots. They could have use the information from your history to analyze how you trade.They might even how you call it… project a trade simulator based on your information.This is maybe when they realize you are one of the top traders in their company.I’m not sure about this, sometimes I don’t care if this happens, sometimes I mixed trade strategies in the same account so it would be harder to be analyzed.

Speaking of Hooters… A few years ago I lived in Berkshire (England) and there was a shop in Windsor

that sold musical instruments; well, I could not tell you how many people posed for photos outside…

The shop was called…

wait for it…

HOOTERS!

Whoever thought of that!

By the way, PipNRoll, my private inbox is still waiting for a reply (nudge wink) but I know that you

are just not a mistress of your own time anymore haha

Well, this thread should probably close… Let us sprinkle some fairy dust on those sour moments

and let us all be friends… Next time there will be no more nastiness!

THE EARTH IS FOR ALL OF US TO SHARE…

Happy Trading.