Why share your strategy?

Thanks again to all the replies. I already feel part of the family, even if its a bit dysfunctional like all families :slight_smile:

Que the credits

You are welcome

Pipemehappy and his like minded , has its own inauguration ritual, one babypips

Original it was one of emeraldorc business venture ,who of cource went wrong …

there is no reason why a successful trader should not share his strategy, just remember that’s whats right for him may very well not be right for you. I often read that the most successful traders are the ones who make the most money, but for me them most successful are the ones who have managed to learn how to trade properly and who are still around to do it!

Jonathan show me one successful retail trader ,i don`t see them where are they…!!!

99.99999999999 % of advices and opinion one babypips comming from people who will never make money in forex ever …
That is 100 % sure

Its a hard question to answer because it depends on how you define success. I know a couple of traders who do ok out of trading but probably make more selling trading courses.

Personally i have been trading for about 3 years after being made redundant i started with £2,000 and in my first year made a loss of £50 which considering the amounts i lost through the lazy mans way to riches with EAs i thought was very promising. year 2 i had a profit of £1,200 and i thought this is easy! LOL its not though is it!! Im averaging £80 a month so far this year.

I dont know if this makes me a successful trader or not. I dont make enough to make a living but i am making a profit!

people share their strategies because they can’t success with those. This is how the forex market is. If anyone can success with a strategy, they won’t share it for free.

I dont think you are necessarily right, strategies will work but they require an amount of money or an amount of time and effort that most people don’t have. There are loads of ways of making and loosing money with forex but you need a lot of dedication to make money there are no short cuts in the long run

Hi:
If you are looking for good strategies, check robopip thread and his backtesting results. That is the proof that people can share good winning strategies.
Cheers!

Mselva

Practical mathematics is not for everyone

Oh torulf39

Its ok bro. Open up and share your pain with Dr Bob.

We welcome you with open arms hoping to ease the heavy burden your soul carry’s.

Hi Torulf39:
I agree with you. There are more than 30 strategies on that thead, some good, others bad. You found one that did not work. Are you trying to suport your point or you really miss the good ones?

Hi Mselva

In fact, spending time studying trading strategies you find on a trading forum is a waste of time, at least 99.9999% of the time.
It is also highly stupidity.

Example find you 2272 strategies on forexfactory not one of them can verify that they have been profitable.

But of course you can use one week per strategy for 43 years, probably you remain as stupid and even more ignorant, do not forget all new futile strategies devised in the course of 43 years.

BUT BUT
You have someone who can verify that they make money trading (not peanuts).

Don Miller earned $ 1.6 mil in 2008 so I guess it is worth spending some time on what he says …

Study these video may get a different perspective

Study this one

http://www.livestream.com/donmillertv/video?clipId=flv_557cca3c-8157-44a4-b075-91cd24d56313

Or study Millers Trading after dark

God luck

Agree with you again, someone must be very, very stupid to check any strategy proposed on this site without first analyze it, check who is proposing, the experience of that person, the data provided (backtesting results), participation in other forum, etc. Otherwise, it is a waste of time.

I’m writing based on my experience: I have found here three strategies that at this moment are working fine for me, after adapt then to my style and adding my knowledge. But again, that is my experience. That is why I suggested you check Robopip thread.

The initial question of this thread was “Is there a downside to sharing your trading strategy with everyone?” My answer is I don’t think so. My experience is that someone that that shares his strategy can get in return a lot of feedback based on backtesting from other members. That is invaluable help to refine, discard o validate your strategy.

Thanks for the videos.

Cheers,

None of those 2272 strategies can verify that they made a decent amount of money.
Back testing have a little function, back testing for you self or debrief after a trading sequence is a different matter.
Very often to find out where you was thinking wrong or correct …that is the secret behind trading ,thinking correct when you take you trade. Where you lose the feel for market and why …

Take a strategy or plan what ever 10-20 double you bet from normal a bet.
Or after x lose … try to think correct that is trading , not a combination of indicators …

I was provide you with professional verify traders strategy his way of thinking .

Is no point to share strategy to get help from other in a forum ,none of them are qualified to give you advice none of them living of trading and will never do it …so why ask them for advice,
You become stupid …

Enough said…Bring in Troll Hunter…like in the film…

Obviously you have a different experience. I suppose you have data that support your statements.
For me the idea behind share is create a community. Then is your work to try identifying the valuables feedbacks. You can save a lot of time in that way.
Cheers.

One shares their strategy or methodology not to educate but to find like minded individuals whom see what it is you see and can share your own experience.

There is more that suffice information (for free) out there to educate one self but finding like minded individuals is not so easy. Speculating is no team event. And as they say a problem shared is a problem halfed.

Just out of interest what has been your shared experience torulf39.

Mselva …

Hehe … support my statement very easy, it not exist any verified statement from any retail forex trader from any forum who show that they are living of forex …!!!

Trust me ,if some of them was make any serious money we would read it .That in many ways is blind road to take advices from people in a forum…

[B]Example Mr… pipmehappy
A blind follower of emeraldoc who is blind follower of Anna coulling and Elliot wave theories ,so fresh meat starters who start to follow some of those blind followers advices then you will ending up into a blind road in you trading …[/B]

The idea behind intelligent feedback in a forum is good idea in practice bad idea…
[B]A good example is lack of ability to understand the valid information from Don Miller videos I provide[/B] .

Don Miller have many many interesting thought who is worth a discussion , example “ probing “ then adding you position that is his main concept /strategy behind his trading
How to get a feel for the market , .
Not so many do that ,is difficult you need to practice practice and practice …

I recommend everyone who start with trading google lance beggs, Al Brooks , no brainer trade. They wrote regular valuable interesting articles about their observation of the market as they share for free.

And everyone should read Al Brooks introduction from one of his books it will save you lot of money and waste of time

[QUOTE=“torulf39;662041”]

Mselva …

Hehe … support my statement very easy, it not exist any verified statement from any retail forex trader from any forum who show that they are living of forex …!!!

Trust me ,if some of them was make any serious money we would read it .That in many ways is blind road to take advices from people in a forum…

Example Mr… pipmehappy
A blind follower of emeraldoc who is blind follower of Anna coulling and Elliot wave theories ,so fresh meat starters who start to follow some of those blind followers advices then you will ending up into a blind road in you trading …

The idea behind intelligent feedback in a forum is good idea in practice bad idea…
A good example of ability to understand valid information is my videos I provide .

Don Miller have many many interesting thought who is worth a discussion , example “ probing “ then adding you position that is his main concept /strategy behind his trading
How to get a feel for the market , .
Not so many do that ,is difficult you need to practice practice and practice …

I recommend everyone who start with trading google lance beggs, Al Brooks , no brainer trade. They wrote regular valuable interesting articles about their observation of the market as they share for free.

And everyone should read Al Brooks introduction from one of his books it will save you lot of money and waste of time[/QUOTE]

Good post.

im going to assume anna coulling is a well known profitable female trader? if so, emerald is not actually doing a bad job trying to follow her as atleast he’s following someone profitable. as for elliot wave theory, it would depend where and whom he’s learning it from

still though, if pipmehappy is devoting time and energy to try and learn from emerald i would ask emerald about his profits and if i could see a myfxbook, but thats me…

as for Al brooks,
what did you think of his books? i personally bought one of this books. it is not for the meek and difficult to get your head around. nethertheless i tried hard at it for several months before giving up and moving on due to inability to make a profit. the feedback i’ve heard on his books is that most people found it a difficult read. he claimed a 60% success ratio for the majority of setups, using a 1:1 RR. thats just about a profit. due to the spread a trader has to win over 50% of the time to be in profit with that ratio. basically, the long shot of it is …is that in order to make a profit you need to become almost as good as al brooks is trading al brooks method. and that is damn difficult.