Why we need more (good) female traders

Why use a knife when you can use a perfectly good rock to skin the animal your tribe just killed. It has always been good enough so therefore it must always continue to be the right option.

Is it any wonder that some civilizations just die out…
Something here about the Forrest and trees and whatever. I’m sure you get the point PipMeHappy.

I think I do now! Cheers…

Data proves that women make far better traders than men

Who would have ever thought testosterone would ever play a role in risk taking activities…
OOooohh, that’s right, science has shown this for the last 40+ yrs already.

:confused::confused::confused:

What would science know…

A recent article from last month from Forbes magazine (online), on a similar line to the previous article I posted:

Women In Finance: The Soft Side As A Hard Asset - Forbes

Are the ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ days over, and if so, why do less women opt for a financial career in the City?

Camilla Swift investigates:

The crash was good news for the City’s women � The Spectator

Which stocks seduce women vs men

by Eric Chemi and Nicholas Wells.

Trading: A Woman’s World? How to Join the Successful 5% | The Next Women - Business Magazine

Why we must end damaging stereotypes and get women back into trading | City A.M.

Good thread. I’ve no difficulty with anyone irrespective of gender or race becoming a trader. Trading is a meritocracy and performance will speak for itself.

I would suggest it may still be dominated by the boys though for the same reasons that more boys/men own an Xbox and watch Star Trek. The “Wolf of Wall Street” days are over and the geeks are the new traders.

…however, those days will never truly be over, because ***ism and other kinds of negative discrimination will always be there, waiting to creep back the moment we stop our efforts to keep them at bay…

Related to the thread, but a bit more broadly:

Women: An $11 trillion market for financial advisors?

what we really need are more (good) senior citizen traders…

Discuss… :wink:

Top trader Mella, who founded [I]Kiss Trades[/I], is an English trader of Greek parentage, who

has been trading for years on the S&P500 and other assets successfully; read all about her on this site:

About | KISS Trades

[B]Top trader Jennifer Fan, a wealthy Asian American who, at thirty years old, has already founded and run her own multi-million hedge company (Arbalet Capital), and was at Morgan Stanley on her first job where she became a head trader for indeces.

She was featured on Forbes magazine as one of the top thirty under-thirty business people in 2012, and was snapped up last year by Millennium Partners for their expanding commodities team.

Read all about her on page 11 of this:

http://www.dechert.com/files/News/0618fb3d-f3b3-49f7-94eb-fc834fc36e36/Presentation/NewsAttachment/0bde974e-5435-46f5-aeb7-fda4fa680e14/THFJ_50_Leading_Women_in_Hedge_Funds_2015.pdf
An incredible talent.

[/B]

Ex-Merrill Lynch Banker Takes On Male-Dominated Islamic Industry - Bloomberg Business

(Not a trader, but still something worth sharing)!

[B]Today’s Trading Woman is…

ZOE FIDDES, Head of Sales at ORE.com and with many years of experience in FX dealing:

Zoe Fiddes, Author at Forex | Finance Magnates

Zoe Fiddes | FXStreet

Her favourite pair is… AUD/USD!

[/B]

i totally agree with you

Where’s this magical land where you live friend? I’d sure like to go there.

If we are to speak in bubbles, the ‘patriarchy’ bubble burst long ago. Now the trend is to antagonize men and blame them for all of the world’s problems (real and imaginary) and if you disagree you’re a ***ist pig. :30:

‘We’ don’t need more female traders for the exact same reason we don’t need more male traders: we don’t need more traders (unless it’s uneducated ones, then send them in). *** has nothing to do with this, women aren’t divine goddesses, they’re just as ‘bad’ as the next guy. Stop being ***ist.

edit: Haha just realised the word for the reproductory act between a male and a female organism is censored in this forum, what the hell is up with that huh?