Zulutrade, anyone use this service?

I can see you normally as rocket pip :wink:
You do the trades manually or with MT4?
And what broker you use?

i found the post for this strategy

fxstreet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48490

The strategy does seem good for some of the providers - but I think now ZT is making an active role to change its ranking system. Its putting up better quality providers near the top (note, BETTER - still not good enough to trade real $ with).

On a side note - make sure that you donā€™t put custom ā€œLimitā€ values for each of your providers. I was following a trade, and the signal provider put a ā€œLimitā€ of 10 pips, but my custom limit was 100 pips. Zulu ignored the limit of the provider, and waited 100 pips instead. With my luck, the signal reversed after 10 pips, and I ended up taking a hit of -45 pips. VERY annoying!

Using the reverse option to trade in zulu is not a bad idea. But keep in mind that you dont know if it will work because all signal providers aim to win
It could work with those that open orders randomly and leave them open until they become positive.
But you have to set your limit and stop at custom or close the trades manually

About the limit setting problem, YES your custom setting ALWAYS overrides the settings of the provider. Thats why you had this problem, although the position should have closed when the provider did. I always use the safe box, it works for stop value, dont know about limitā€¦the only thing i can guess is that the provider was scalping and your broker didnt have time to close the order in your accountā€¦

Yeah the problem was because I had a custom limit of 100. To be honest, the person I was following was myself ([B]Madar[/B]). Instead of the 10 pips should have been made as a profit, the trade ended up at -40 pips. Very frustrating, but I guess its a cheap lesson to learn at 0.1 lots.

The other thing I started was setting [B]China Connection FX[/B] live, will let you all know how that goes.

I use IBFX which they donā€™t support in terms of ea so I have to enter my orders manually on the site. Itā€™s kind of a pain and Iā€™m trying to train myself to enter the order automatically right when I enter one in MT4. Just last night I entered 4 orders where I completely forgot to put them in zulu, just have to get in the habit I guess.

I do use Zulutrade. my experience is very good since the service is free. If you look carefully at the various providers, you can find very good ones that will make you money. I have one that rarely trades. Maybe 2 or 3 times in a week. He/She makes about 15 pips per trade within 5 minutes and then out. Max average dd is about -8.

In short, I am very happy with zulu as long as you know who to choose.

I use IBFX which they donā€™t support in terms of ea so I have to enter my orders manually on the site. Itā€™s kind of a pain and Iā€™m trying to train myself to enter the order automatically right when I enter one in MT4. Just last night I entered 4 orders where I completely forgot to put them in zulu, just have to get in the habit I guess.

You dont need to do this manually and you dont have to have a live account in one of their supported brokers
Just open a demo account in one of their brokers that support MT4 (i think FXCM, AVA, ALPARI, ODL, eforex, and more) and then link it to your provider account. When the demo expires, just open a new one :smiley:

hmmā€¦i had my settings set with abt 5 providers in my portfolio and total margin call risk is abt 50+ % but appears that my demo accā€™s been losing pips constantlyā€¦selected those with minimal DD yet good winning percentage and trading time <2 days but still losing quite some pipsā€¦issit because that demo accā€™s trades delayed by 120mins?(as shown in my portfolio). anyone had good settings pairing good providers thatā€™s quite consistent?

Thats bizarre. You shouldnā€™t be having a 120 minute delay! I would setup a new demo account.

Iā€™ve had around 7 demo accounts (since they expire every 30 days for some strange reason). After all that testing the only ā€œgraduateā€ to live trading has been [B]Pro-B5[/B].

I really believe that Zulutrade is a great way to trade, but there are still a lot of kinks to be fixed (i.e. ridiculous scaling, ranking system, classificiation of ā€œriskyā€ traders, etc.).

Donā€™t forget to check out my account as well, [B]Madar[/B]. Over the past 6 weeks Iā€™ve tried to be true to my system, and never scale out a trade - and also take a hit when I need to.

Hi,
Praetorian Guard has been doing very good in my account
not too many pips, but not big DD as well
He seems serious, ill keep testing him for a few weeks more

OK cool, very interesting. I tried Pretorian Guard last month, and it flopped - Iā€™ll try it again now.

Just an FYI, my previous recommendation for [B]China Connection FX[/B] should now be completely [B][U]IGNORED[/U][/B]. They had a lucky few months while I was testing, but they just COMPLETELY screwed up, where I had to manually close a trade that was 150 pips underwater. Not only that, they are currently around 1,000 pips in the red. This is a big problem with Zulutrade, and one of the reason why they need to fix their rating system.

I just donā€™t understand how there can be SO many people, that just completely ignore the fundamental concept of a stop loss. Amazing!

Thats because most of the providers are not pro traders, because pro traders are handling much more capital than that in zulu and are paid based on their profitsā€¦i dont know if this can be applied to zuluā€¦im not saying that providers dont know what they are doing, some of them are really good! But theres always a risk that something will go wrongā€¦

i tried Zulu trade on a demo account and did quite well , at least for a month . i checked and double checked their signal provider ratings and looked at past trades , etc ā€¦
I then went live with a small account and itwas all gone in 2 weeks.

If i look at the top pip earners they seem to have 20 - 30 signal providers and accounts in excess of 100k , then they can withstand the draw downs of of the bad signal providers and still get the results from the good providers.

maybe one day when i have 100k to play with ā€¦

thats weirdā€¦what lot size you used? cause if you used mini or standard lots on an account that had less than $1000 its logical that you lost your money so fastā€¦
whatever you do, first start with MICRO lots and then if you see it goes well, switch to mini

have to agree, always start with micro lots to be on the safe side.

LowestDD is back on the top10 but using his other 2 accountsā€¦i dont know, but i will never trust my real account money to this guyā€¦i think he was just lucky when he bought EUR on Sunday, when the rescue package for Greece was announcedā€¦he has burned many accounts so far and i think he will again.

Stay VERY clear of LowestDD, and all his replica systemsā€¦ he is definately someone you donā€™t want to be following (unless you have a $10M account, and you trade 1 lot).

Hi,
I think you need to try a bit more harder so people add you to their accountā€¦

even ten weeks sometimes isnā€™t enough proof.