£201.04 to £5'000'000'000 - The Daft Way!

Howdy guys…

So here is something for all you trade junkies out there.

So I got an email from a broker that I hadn’t used in years the other day (and had completely forgotten about) anyway after rooting through years of old e-mails I found my password and logged in to find that there was £201.04 pence sitting pretty in the account.

Well my mind started flying! What could I do with this huge amount of unexpected cash at my disposal? Should I spend it on a decent meal out with the wife? no, should I pay for some of those golf lessons I’ve been thinking about? no, should I turn it into £5’000’000’000 in the forex market? HELL YES!!!

So here is the ongoing tale of my my tongue in cheek forex adventure to become a multi-bazillionaire! There will be no adequate risk management… There will be no set strategy… There will lots of swearing and fudge-ups… and in all likelihood I’ll get bored of this thread and not update it for weeks (if my money lasts that long)

This thread is not meant to be some kind of ego booster, training scheme, signal provider or anything of the sort. Just something for a few guys to have a laugh about so feel free to flame, support or slow clap away to my ultimate success or more likely ultimate downfall…

Welcome to the Daft Side!!!

Link to MyFXBook Welcome To The Daft Side System | Myfxbook

Ok so this trading diary is going to stat from the 1st February.

Month Started = £201.04
Current Balance = £331.12
% Return = 64.70%
£ left to target = £4’999’999’668.88

I’m just going to post the trades that I have taken so far below… Future trades may… if you are lucky… have a little bit more analysis to them but for now, just to bring things up to speed here is what has happened since 1st February.

Trade 1.

08/02/2013 (UK Date Format - Deal with it :D)

Sell GBP/USD / £0.15 per point / Entry 1.57137 / Stop 1.58446 / Exit 1.56184 / Profit + £14.30 / + 7.11% / £215.34

Alrighty!!! so I was looking at jumping on the GU short train for a while and finally took the plunge hoping that it would get me off to a decent start… Well it did to the tune of + 7.11% but looking back I would have seriously been laughing had I held onto it for a few more days.

Trade 2.

12/02/2013

Buy EUR/USD / £0.35 per point / Entry 1.34141 / Stop 1.33520 / Exit 1.34158 / Profit + £0.60 / + 0.28% / £215.94

Well call me buter fingers or something but I took this trade by mistake… either too much wine or not enough sleep… more likely both. anyway cancelled after a opening but hey £0.60p is £0.60p!

Trade 3.

12/02/2013

Buy EUR/USD / £0.20 per point / Entry 1.34186 / Stop 1.33520 / Exit 1.33520 / Loss - £13.32 / - 6.17% / £202.62

What?.. wha?.. huh… I lost a trade? crap!! I’m not going to make gogazillions trading like this!!! slaps

Trade 4.

08/02/2013 - 12/02/2013

Sell GBP/USD / £0.15 per point / Entry 1.57137 / Stop 1.57137 / Exit 1.56598 / Profit + £8.09 / + 3.99% / £210.71

So this is the second part of trade 1 above… looking back I must have tried to be smart by taking half my position off and left this one running… well at least it is a +!

Trade 5.

20/02/2013

Sell AUD/USD / £0.45 per point / Entry 1.03509 / Stop 1.03748 / Exit 1.03265 (£0.22) / Profit + £5.37 / + 2.55% / £215.37

20/02/2013 - 21/02/2013

Sell AUD/USD / £0.45 per point / Entry 1.03509 / Stop 1.03748 / Exit 1.02403 (£0.23) / Profit + £25.44 / + 11.81% / £240.81

Well this is looking a bit better. Thought AUD was looking good to short… so i shorted it… took half the position off somehwere near a 1:1 rr to make it a ‘risk free trade’ but price kept on movin on down… finally closed the position when looked at weekly charts and saw that we were at previous support area… Basically I took ma monay and ran!!.

Trade 6.

20/02/2013 - 21/02/2013

BUY USD/CHF / £0.58 per point / Entry 0.91930 / Stop 0.91479 / Exit 0.93156 / Profit + £71.11 / 29.53% / £311.92

SUUURRRWWEEEEEETTTTTT!!! right so I’m going of to my bedroom to relieve myself somewhat after this trade…
had my eye on USD/CHF for a few days looking for a decent entry and finally got one on the 20th… was in two minds as to whether I should seel or hold onto this position today but a 23.53% increase is something I couldn’t turn down…

Trade 7.

20/02/2012 - STILL OPEN

Sell EUR/USD / £0.21 per point / Entry 1.33910 / Stop 1.35203 / Exit (£0.10) 1.31990 / Profit £19.20 / 6.15% / £331.12

Well Ive got a short on EU going at the moment and currently sitting pretty at +206pips… looking at the charts I’m going to keep this running and hopefully see some further falls in the near future.

Well I have just taken half of this position off. The move looks like it is done for today and I wanted to get this trade into a ‘risk free state’. so I have taken half the position off and tightened my stop to 1.35203… I’ll now be happy to just keep on trailing my stops to any lower highs that are now formed until the trade gets stopped out. so anywhere between -40 to + 1000 pips coming my way!!

Ok so the ol’ GBP/USD Pair. Quite frankly it’s has taken a hammering since the start of the year and although I’d consider myself a trend trader there is no harm looking for those reversal points and playing them if the opportunity arises.

So take a look at the above weekly chart of GU you can clearly see that there is a strong previously established support at the 1.53 level. Price has just come down to that level in the last few days so I’m going to watch and wait to see if there are any signs of a possible reversal. Before I take any trade on this I am really wanting to see a good move back above 1.53 and preferably something like a higher low forming around that level.

UPDATE: 22/02/2013

So above I have switched back to the daily chart and we can see that yesterday formed a pin bar which is a fairly strong reversal sign… now I did consider trading this bar and to do that I would have set a buy stop order at the break of the top of the bar but due to the log sustained drop that we have had in this pair I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a bit of consolidation before a reversal… or indeed a continuation of the down trend…

Basically I wimped out of the trade for now… it may have been some easy pips but eh… I’m wanting to get into some longer sustained moves so I’m just going to watch for some kind of confirmation of what the slightly longer term view is on this pair before I get my feet wet.

UPDATE 24th Feb 2013

So I’m pretty pleased about wimping out of the trade I mention above. for those who haven’t read the UK had their credit rating downgraded from it’s AAA rating which caused a nasty sell off right at the end of the day… Now the markets will be digesting this over the weekend and we’ll have to wait till monday morning to see what the outcome of this is going to be.

Now with the late news on Friday I’m sure a lot of traders will be panicking somewhat over the weekend and my guess is that they may try and sell of at market open on Monday meaning that the brokers will likely be gapping down on price come monday. Also this is now the lowest GBP/USD has been since 2010 so perhaps we could see this down turn continue for a while yet.

I’m not going to be taking any trades on this pair short or long until 1. I can confirm some kind of reversal is taking place or 2. Price moves up somewhat so I can get short at what I would call a fair price for the pair at the moment to me it all just feels that the momentum has pushed this down a bit too excessivley.

Watch this space… I’ll update my view on this as and when I can be arsed.

Alright so I am pretty bullish on this pair at the moment. There have been some nice lower highs formed and I’d like to try and get in long again on any kind of retrace that happens in the near future…

I’ve set a pending order in the hope that price will come down somewhat and set a protective stop under a recent significant low… We’ll just basically watch this space and see what happens…

That’s the last time I click a link you give me, Daft.

Oh Gawld!!! What are YOU doing here!!!

… You sent me here!

Hey why don’t you put it on myfxbook, would be good for a laugh :smiley: Promise I won’t copy :47:

Can’t get fxbook to show me any love I’m afraid… not sure if I’m not mentally capable of setting up correctly or whether it is something to do with the fact that I use a spread bet account which doesn’t use lots etc… I’ve tried a few times and it just doesn’t find my account…

I’ll maybe give it another go…

Ohhh ok, yeah it should be pretty easy so must be something to do with the type of account.
maybe the baby pips trade equivalent… forget what it’s called now ummm dam, can’t even find it on here, lol!

alright alright… You can come in…

Just behave yourself.

OmG who gave this nOOb money!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

someone very very stoopid.

Good luck man, may the FOREX luck be with you!

So I managed to get MyFxBook to work…

Link --> Welcome To The Daft Side System | Myfxbook

Coolness! :35:

That’s actually quite impressive! you stayed in the last big Fiber move, Nice!
& Love the leverage Lol!

Well I’m not going to get that £5 billion pounds unless i go ballz to the wall :smiley:

I’m going to keep hold of that fiber short over the weekend… would love to see it fall some more…

Too true! I’ve been 1:10 for a couple of years, just gone 1:20 & like you say it’s not particularly high octane stuff, especially trading .002 lot size :smiley:

… $0.02/pip? Am I reading that right?

Sorry, .02