My no-stop-loss strategy trading journal

Hello everybody. Here below my trading account after almost 1 year, where I use Smalfi Method 21/1.

The strong points of this strategy, which applies only on EUR/USD are the money management, the absence of losses (by not using the stop-loss) and ease of use: I use only pending orders, following fixed rules, and I manage all in just few minutes a day without stress.

I Will update this thread periodically with updated results of my trading account, and I’ll answer all your questions as best as possible.

Monthly performance:

See you soon.

Call me when things coes really really bad and your entire account is wiped out. Sorry but not protecting capital is as smart as smoking at a gas station.

A stop loss is strongly recommended. Good luck!

It is not true that I don’t protect capital…
Stop loss is not the only way to protect capital (indeed, in my opinion stop loss protect nothing, but it gives only pips to the broker!).

Should be interesting good luck

If you think so…

I wrote and read several things about no-stop-loss strategy, and I understood that there is very poor knowledge about this way of trading/thinking.
People are conditioned by conventional thinking and can’t think differently, that’s why, brokers still have shiny days ahead.
They encourage scalping. The more stop you take, the more pips they earn. This is as simple as that.
Their enemy? The buy and hold strategy. Don’t expect to read somewhere that there is a strategy that make you earn money with a few trades only… because you will be told that it never works and you’ll be ruined before the sunrise tomorrow and after all!

Your enemy??? The buy/hold bias, I must remind you, that you are not buying nor selling anything, just pushing numbers. I don’t know wich sort of broker you think you have but not always that is the case. Without SL you are risking your entire account and with this no loses scheme it is really easy to get greedy. Besides with buy and hold as you call it, you are daily debited in most positions, so again, boy and hold is your enemy. Lazyness has it’s price, the more people like you are out there, the better for me.

gabry let them lose!
they do not understand that Smalfi didn’t invent anything that does not already exist.
he just perfected it.

so Smalfi is about staying in losing trades and getting out of positive trades. do you still recommend it and how is smalfi doing in 2013?

Hello

I don’t know why but It seems that I already knew you. I think you already wrote asking information on GlobalForexForum, right?

If yes…ok, that’s the right place where find the information you need. Regarding the 2013 year you can find all the stats (monthly updated) in the section English Community/TRADING SYSTEMS AND TRADING STRATEGIES/Smalfi Method , in the thread “Smalfi Method Performance and Statistics”.
Have a nice day

so is it a volatile year like 2011 or a quieter year like 2012?

I don’t know, we do not make forecast. Simply we follow the market. If the volatility is high, we make high profits, if it is less we make less profits. But with Smalfi Method profits are steady, with no losses!

will upload quity chart here?

Well it’s been nearly 6 months since the OP posted. I’m going to assume that he blew up?

would you like it? :slight_smile: ah ah ah
Instead I have to tell you that the account is fine and we are more than 85%, with 4,84% monthly!!! …

In any case, every month the account is updated directly here … Global Forex Forum • View topic - 2nd real account with SMALFI Method

I don’t use FXstat, so I don’t know this, but is that return on just closed positions or does it count open positions as well?

^ That’s a good question. How much drawdown is unrealised from open losing positions?

how is it possible that your equity goes well beyond -25% without margin call?

It’s normal Forexmike. 25% is 1/4 of the Margin. So I had other 3/4 of Margin to work with!
Probably you don’t have very clear in your mind what is Margin and what is Margin Call :slight_smile: