1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

But it has now, you really do need to take into account what is happening on the 1HR chart, the thing is though, generally Mondays and Friday’s are not worth bothering with, Ok today may be an exception, and there was a short setup at 1.4350 - you have high volume pushing through support which is totally different to high volume on a small spread, and then as 1.4350 becomes resistance, you have low volume which show a lack of interest to the upside, hope that helps.

I hear you PP, thanks for the input. I guess I did it again… mistook “effort” vol for “stopping” vol… In hindsight one might also add that the 1H has formed somewhat of a mushroom-shape, which would be an indication of weakness.

Well that’s a nice start to the week - thank you Standard & Poors :slight_smile:

Two nice Kiwi trades today with some stopping volume. Not bad for a Monday. +66% and counting.

nzd.bmp (1010 KB)

Hey guys, interesting thread, i’ve just been flicking through and didnt seem to notice anyone looking for tests/no demands/ no supplies after signs of strength / weakness. Are you guys entering a trade straight off when you see upthrust, byuing climax, shake out, stopping volume etc?

No, it depends on the market, I wouldn’t recommend entries straight off as you say, you need to read what the market is doing and take into account S/R and Fib levels too.

I’m in e/u short scalp now. 1. 5min stopping vol, 2. double top, 3. no demand test, 4. entry below no demand.
It’s not at 1hr .50 fib area where I wanted it, but a valid setup.

Hi petefader, been on a break?

That’s a damned aggressive trade man!

FYI: Trade Interceptor just updated their free mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android…etc) with the Volume indicator. I believe this is a first for any mobile platform.

FOREX TRADING TRAINING | FOREX SOFTWARE | SIMULATED FOREX TRADING

Happy trading :slight_smile:

Beauty set-up on the NZD.

nzd.bmp (404 KB)

Im not sure i see your setup here, can you explain it?

Also your hourly volume doesnt look right, which volume feed are you using?

Here is the setup I saw on the 15 min chart, although this is is hindsight - and I probably wouldnt have taken this due to it not being under my moving average, unless i could find a setup on the 5 min that was under my moving average.

I think you’ve explained it pretty well yourself! Any experience? or is that just from what you’ve learned?

Either way it’s pretty spot on.

Just what ive learnt really. Been using vsa for about 6 months, learnt alot from the vsa thread on forex factory. Apart from that I continue to read and re read master the markets and I also follow the tradeguider videos with Gavin Holmes and Tom williams, they go much more indepth than is explained in his book.

It’s always the a balance between good examples, longer term shorter term, does Volume apply in Forex? (you bet it does, I cant remember the direct link but a few days ago an article was published about how relevant it is, but more than that we have our very own ‘Clint’ which did the very first study of that kind as far as we know! [ I don’t think he actually uses the technique], so even more credit to him for his efforts)

But the biggest credit of all goes to petefader which started this thread quite a while ago, so as always a big thank you to him.

Welcome on board, and have a good break.

I’m using MT4. High volume pin bar off of a 50 fib in the direction of the trend. I’d take those all day if I find them. Those are golden. I don’t use any other indicators. Just Fibs and MT4 volume. I look at hourly, 30 min, 15 min and 5min. I also don’t analyze every bar. It just paralyzes you. I look for the ones I need. I’ve done 70% return in just over a month trading this way. For in-depth bar analysis, I suggest that thread over at ForexFactory. Not saying that in a rude way, but if you wanna talk about some long-winded diatribes about each little bar that are mind numbing, you gotta check that VSA thread out. If there is one thing I can say to help anybody out, just look for a high/highest volume bar on the hourly and look to see if it’s near a fib. Check to see if it’s a pin, doji, etc. and move down from there. Filter all trades out this way and it will remove a lot of the junk. Makes trading so much more enjoyable and highly profitable. By the way, I bought in before that buying climax that you showed on your chart. Grabbed 14 there. I am usually only looking for 15-20 pips.

Here’s what I’m looking for at a basic level on the hourly before anything else. You can see we have 2 downward pins (2 of them makes the trade even stronger) at a 50 fib with high level volume. Overall trend is up. The next hourly bar went up and that’s where I caught my profit. I love these. In a lot of cases, I won’t wait for special bars on the 5 to enter. Sometimes you’ll miss the move. I’ll wait for some type of confirmation (1-2-3, close in direction of trend, etc.) and then I’m in. I will will drop down to one minute sometimes to catch these. Obviously, I lose some trading this way, but I make way more than I lose doing it this way.

nzd.bmp (404 KB)

Nice, Hoss, I’ve been experienced vsa thread over forexfactory too, it’s good indeed with a lot of knowledge and information but it certainly makes things complicated and confuses trader, especially those without much experience. Vsa of Pete’s way is much better for me after some really comprehensive learning process. Simplicity is the best.
Btw, this Friday, 22/04 is very important, because… guess what…?

It’s our beloved Petefader’s birthday. He told me he wish everyone send him a little percent of their paycheck made from this thread as birthday gift, that would make Peter happy lol

Well I guess a Happy Early Birthday is in order for Petefader then! First post to the forum but I had started following this thread when it first started. Got side tracked on other things but glad to see it is still going! Too bad it picked up so much “noise” along the way - but still full of a lot of great knowledge and shared experiences. Keep it up!

does Volume apply in Forex? Absolutely. High volumne momentum moves can be described like a frieght train, you need to be aware and alert and listen for when it is coming from afar off, once it starts closing down on you it gets faster and picks up mad speed and moves out quickly (often you will miss it). Large Specs are often the cause of those quick momentum high volumne moves, where they easily grab 65 to 200 pips, then sqr up. Often large spec traders all see something at once and they all buy for that sudden surge up or down, high volumnes often move the markets wildly and yet other times that continue sideways. WHile I watch momentum rather than volumne, because building momentum almost always precedes high volumne momentum moves.

Thanks guys, I enjoyed my birthday. How could I not? Pasta with garlic cream sauce with lobster, and a Guinness. :slight_smile:

Hoss, Luiz, Nero, Ppfx, Enpoint, Procrast…make good posts. I don’t post much anymore. I’ve said just about all I want to say, and put the info out there. In my absence, listen to these guys. :wink:

Nice chart there from Naughtypip as well.