1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Thanks Dodge I`ll change my demo account over to IBFX today.

Regards
Stephen

First I just want to say GREAT thread! Thanks Pete and everyone else, love this type of trading! Havenā€™t really read through the whole thread yet but Iā€™m getting there ;). I have a question on something I stubbled upon yesterday on the EUR/USD and maybe someone can help me :slight_smile:

On the 30 min chart I saw that there was selling volume and was looking for a reverse, butā€¦

ā€¦Then on the 5 min chart I saw some buying pressure so my question is, can I take a quick scalp there on the 5 min (maybe too risky?) or should I wait for it to test restistance again and then look for a short?

Thanks in advance
Danny

EUR/USD short

Weakness in the background combined with the low volume push past resistance showing no buying pressure.

Update

If you see what you believe to be selling pressure on a long term chart, but buying pressure on a short term chart, you can be successful with a short term trade, but be very careful with your TP level, as it is a risky trade. One of my earlier trades like this barely got out alive.

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc-68.html#post274284

Sorry for the spam!

Thank alot Dodge! When you say ā€œIf you see what you believe to be selling pressureā€¦ā€ Do you mean that what i spotted on the 30 min was not selling pressure or do you mean in general? :slight_smile:

Where do you usually put your SL?

Thanks man!

Saw what I thought was stopping volume earlier ( Not the biggest of the day ). One hour T/F looks ok. Waited for the No Supply bar and entered the trade on the green dotted horizontal line. Got in a bit late but currently up 10 Pips.

Just closed half the trade

I was going to let the other half run but it was getting close to resistance so I closed it for another 9 Pips.:13::47:

I said that in general, because I couldnā€™t really tell if that was selling volume or not. Looking at it again, I definitely wouldā€™ve gone long there. The 30 minute chart showed strength in the background, and on the 5 minute chart all of the red candles preceding your marks are much lower volume than the buying pressure candles youā€™ve highlighted.

Iā€™ve found that exiting half of the trade early makes it much easier to let the trade run to my original TP. Itā€™s the only way to get those +90 and +100 trades Iā€™ve posted recently. However, it can also lead to missing the TP by 2 or 5 pips and going back down to BE. Youā€™ll have to find what side of the coin youā€™re comfortable with (if you havenā€™t already).

Good trade!

Hey everyone! Iā€™M BACK! Glad to see that this thread is still going strong!

During my time off trading, Iā€™ve been looking at the news, primarily to get a feel for long term setups. So I might say a few news related things from time to time. :frowning: lol

Perfect ND right before news release. I protected my risk pretty quick, took half off around 12-14 pips because it was based off the Unemployment claims and we are still in this ugly range (probably due to the meeting this Friday in Jackson Hole).

As Iā€™m writing this my BE was hit.

My stops change depending on how confident I am with the trade, and lately I havenā€™t experienced much drawdown at all so Iā€™m fighting the urge to tighten the stops, but I usually try to keep them on the other side of a major resistance line. This usually ends up being a pivot.

Good to see you back enpoint :wink:

Thanks Luiz!

And againā€¦ Kicking myself in the ass for not taking the one furthest to the right, I was weary about the widespread upbarā€¦

The wide spread upbar is 40 pips bar, look at 1m chart, the first min of this bar contain a 30 pips bar, which is something we call mispricing or hidden gap, itā€™s the target to get filled, so thisā€™s a great short :wink: As I write, the 40 pips bar is already fully filled :wink:

You can send a nice thank you to Saint Warren of Omaha for that 40 pip upthrust after he announced he was sinking $5bn into Bank of America. Shorted it myself too at 1.4450 for +70.

Thanks again dodge :slight_smile:

Saw what I thought was some resistance around 1.63387 with the volume somewhat lower leading up to it. The 1 hour T/F looked good for a possible short entry.
Noticed the higher volume on the down bar (1st Vertical Line )
I waited for a No Demand bar( 2nd vertical Line ), which was then confirmed by the next bar after.
I entered the trade at 1.63096. Probably too late but I managed to score 49 Pips before exiting at yesterdays support level. I know I shouldnt be trading on Fridays but I need the practice. I also had a trade going on the EUR/USD at the same time. (naughty yes). Ill post that shortly when I write it up.
Stephen