1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

mmmm, maybe not…

Aggressive long setup g/u. Could also wait for a no supply…low volume small down bar with the next bar moving above it.

I think the 1hr also looks like a trend continuation.

I’m not so great with this stuff (obvisously). But I have feeling, that going short is good idea. Searching for good spot to do it.

That is almost double top. I see volumes and wicks etc. But mostly I still just feel things.

Took profit and shorted the high volume wide spread up on the 5min, after inside close. I went for quck scalps today, paid off. Also doing simple 5 count waves on the 5 min to confirm setups.

I’m going to be looking out for if the EURUSD will get marked up around news time, then if we get a high volume pin, I reckon it’s a big short.

The Hourly has done a lower high on high volume, so to me that looks bearish.

???

Pete, how to trade after the news :frowning:

Interesting thread this - thanks Petefader (and others) for keeping it going and posting so many sample charts throughout the year.

I hadn’t really considered the volume indicator much before given that each one was broker specific but after reading the Master the Market pdf posted by PPF and all this thread it does seem like a very useful tool to have when combined with S&R, Fib levels, etc. Tried a couple of demo trades today on E/U and G/U using the approach outlined in the thread and they worked out very well. Belatedly beginning to realise how vital it is to figure out what smart money is doing and to position accordingly. Better late than never I suppose!

Does anybody use the forex futures markets to look for potential clues about what smart money might be working on in the background before they make their plays in the current market? It looked like G/U potentially telegraphed on the 18th that a fairly major change in positioning was taking place with smart money perhaps preparing to shunt the price down.

Going short=good idea. I felt right on this one. :stuck_out_tongue: Amazing. This stuff works. Even for noobs like me.

So I have been reading this thread constantly for the last two days. (Currently up to page 60). Still reading MTM.

As I read, I have been making small ‘bets’ on the market; and using the resulting loss or win to further understand the system of why it did/didnt go right.

Following the AUS/USD the whole way; I would like to know if my interpretation is correct.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I am not going to rave about how awesome this thread is. If you take the time to read it, it becomes a given. I’m just thankful you made it and that I am eating the right pill.

I just answered an email from a friend…he had some good questions, so I figured I’d post it here. Sorry if there are posts I havent answered in here, haven’t had much time.

"Hi Pete

Quick question about ND and NS.

For an ND to be considered valid it must NOT have it’s high broken prior to entry (vice versa for NS), is that correct? I guess if it did have it’s high broken it would no longer be an area of ND?

Also is there a period where you no longer consider an ND (or NS) valid? For example if the market just starts ranging in a tight area for X amount of bars you’ll just stop looking at the ND and consider it ‘washed out’?

Thanks"

It’s all about the candle close. If you have a no demand show up and the next bar pops above it, it’s still a valid short entry if price moves below the no demand again, at least in my book. The key is rejecting the higher prices. Tests are ok, it’s the outcome that matters…candle close below no demand candle and it’s still valid.

I would consider ND invalid if I see demand lol…sounds silly but here’s and example. A ND shows up, price moves below and is stopped from moving very far due to a pin on the bottom on higher volume. Then next candle still can’t move below. That could be accumilation…as demand is still there at lower prices. If it doesn’t behave, then there is demand left…that simple, and you should wait. If it becomes a range, then it has to be defined as a phase, accum/dist, re-accum etc.

I just rolled out of bed, hope that all makes sense. :slight_smile: …good questions.

-Pete

…nice Red Beard, another one takes the red pill. :cool:

You think?

I ‘know’ whats REALLY going to happen, but my herd instincts are screaming at me.

And it takes SO LONG.

But the longer it drags on it tells me that this is an accumulation phase, and I believe this can be identified by the slightly increased volume across the bottom, which is still not comparable to a large market moving spike.

AUS/USD 15 MIN.

Now to just pick the signal that says up so I can collect the first leaf of my laurels that I plan to rest on. :smiley:

I am guessing that impatience is the biggest killer of those who would pre-empt the market.

It causes doubt, fear, paranoia and eventually panic. Then the slightest of movements will cause you to go do something dumb.

I have attached the next stage in my analysis. Feel free to shed some light on it.

My thoughts have changed a bit, I actually think there is ONE more shake out coming.

There is just not enough volume for this to be spiking from.
The thin long white circle is what I think is accumulation; The big white is hope for the herd, which actually means disaster.

Original Impression

EDIT

Still bugger all, although it seems to be tiring now. I think the small rallies are the final vestiges of the herd expecting a rise.

I am guessing that what I am looking for is one more big spike down with some volum and then we will start soaring.

(Feedback welcome- I’m getting antsy)

Edit 2

Damn it.

I told myself not to get excited; there was not enough volume chasing the price up.

But I did, and I ran with the herd.

Looks like the Industry made a quick run, I took quite a few good pips along the way… then got greedy and it dropped straight away, tried to scalp myself back but we are now hovering and bouncing, so I lose out.

I have no idea what to expect now, I dont understand this run, I can’t help but think they will go down and run for the dollar again.

Your attached photos are very hard to see, can you upload them to Imageshack or something? I don’t think embedding an image counts as a link (you can’t post links until 50 posts I think)

Surely is has to be short?

I’m confused now; Initial expectations had suggested that I would have spiked by now; but we still seem to be in channeling in one of the cycles.

I had assumed accumulation; Rallies seem to form and then die constantly; and there is low, but firm volume.

What if they are being bearish to make us assume bullish so we go bearish so they can run the bulls. A triple bluff. :o

…ugh more study I think.

What ever it is, I think it will be HUGE.

Anyone elses thoughts?

I was looking at the same thing this morning and took a demo short at 1.3535. I was thinking that strong equities this morning in Europe might hold things up for a bit though.

Looking good I think, but I don’t think much further than what I see on the chart, it is so easy to overthink things.

When you take screenshots, please include the pair and timeframe.

Will do no probs, but was there really a need to quote that chart again, all it’s got is 3 massive pictures of my chart.