1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

In a word - Yes.

Couple of mistimed trades for me today for -0.3%. Think Iā€™ll call it a week - Friday afternoons arenā€™t too great for me a fair bit and Iā€™m not sure how things will pan out today with dealers week end book squaring and maybe sorting out their books for the end of the month too. Have a good weekend folks.

Trade closed at 1.3750 for +85 pips in RR of 5:1

Looking backā€¦it may have not been so wise to take profit so earlyā€¦deep down I feel like this was lined up to be a real runnerā€¦ah wellā€¦canā€™t complain about profit!

Good trading!

Could you explain a little more why did you entry and why did you exit that trade. o0

I had an inkling for an entry from yesterday for the following reasons I posted a little while back

I was even going to enter again when price moved back up to my entry point the second time as I already had taken my risk off the table, but if fell short of my limit sell by 1 pip! :frowning:

Exit-wise it was really a mistake actually. I wanted to remove my TP from 1.3750 and let it run, but unfortunately before I could have time to modify my order it was hit. But thatā€™s not to say it was a [U]bad exit,[/U] I would have just preferred to let it run for longer.

Regards,
xXTrizzleXx

How about that ? :slight_smile:
Once you start to think like themā€¦ a pip becomes important.
They had their Offers stuck up there @1.3810/25/40.
Now they are @1.3850/80.
There a rumours of Sovereign Barrier option structure @1.3850/1.3900.
Probably each-way bets judging by the way it was done in the past at big numbers.

Good trade. Good for you. :slight_smile:

Exit-wise it was really a mistake actually. I wanted to remove my TP from 1.3750 and let it run, but unfortunately before I could have time to modify my order it was hit. But thatā€™s not to say it was a [U]bad exit,[/U] I would have just preferred to let it run for longer.

T/P most likely works against you because they see your BUY Order and you become a target. Better not give them anything to aim for. Just a thought.

Sounds spot on! :slight_smile: Thanks for the encouragement! But I really need to give some props to you for making me vigilant of who could be lurking up there!

Normally I tend not to set TPā€™s, for reasons you mentioned and as part of my strategy - I must admit it was a minor deviation on my part. Naughty xXTrizzleXx :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally I tend not to set TPā€™s, for reasons you mentioned and as part of my strategy - I must admit it was a minor deviation on my part.

It may pay to have a look at a document (tip of the hat to Sean P :-)) posted in the Technical Templates Continued Thread.

The document is about a trade entry techniqueā€¦Traders Trick Entry (TTE). With this technique the one pip ā€œmissesā€ or so become a thing of the past.

I found this entry technique applicable for my trade exits, too. The TTE author published another documentā€¦Law Of The Charts. You might like to have a look at it, also.

Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Much obliged!

I shall check it out right now!

Joe Ross is a great guy to learn PA from.

http://www.trading-naked.com/library/Traders_Trick_Entry.pdf

Law Of The Charts in on there too.

Right up there with Master the Markets, and the Technical Templates threads in terms of valuable info:)

Hey guys,
I know itā€™s weekend and yā€™all are prolly enjoying your hard earned cash, but I have something little to think about.
So, I have observed that the amount of volume changes in cycles. Which are more obvious on the 1H and 4H charts. I know this kinda represents the trading sessions and begginings of new days AND I do know that we are basically looking only for spikes or super-low volume. But it could be sometimes hard to see.
My old Oanda platform let me add a MA to ANY indicator I had. So I could combine them. But MT4 wonā€™t let me do that.[B] I would like to add a MA in my volume indicator.[/B] That way I could better spot any spikes or low volume bars. I wanted to edit the volume indicator but itā€™s not even in the listed indicators for MT4. Do you guys have any ideas?

This picture could help understand my bad english:

Hi all, I have been reading this thread for some time now and think I have a basic understanding of how volume works. I am still however finding it difficult to time my entry points. Are there specific videos you can refer me to? Or perhaps let me know if there is a live chatroom where I can trade alongside those of you who use volume?

Regards

Finch

Ok, they donā€™t discuss exact entry points there, but I think you can figure out them for yourself easily. There are some free videos over here. I am not trying to advertise them, in fact I think itā€™s very expensive to actually PAY for these videos, but you maybe able to get them another way. Try google :).

Different people have different triggers to enter the trade. Some might enter right after they see a high volume pin bar. Others might wait for confirmation by waiting for another bar to see how it looks before pulling the trigger. Others might use a 1-2-3 continuation or pullback trigger to get in. Others will use something else entirely.

Have a look through the Technical Templates thread in this section - youā€™ll see some entry triggers there as well as a lot of very useful discussion of S&R. Also read the links the Master Tang provided above - thereā€™s the Law of the Charts and Traders Trick Entry. Between those two you should be able to find enough to start working with to see what works for you in practice.

Thanks for the info. Will have a read and see what I can find on youtube and google.

Regards

Finch

Fiber is on the Bid, already.
1.3755 hiā€¦

Thatā€™s 73 pips above Fri Close.

Looks like Bulls getting hotā€¦this is going to be fun. :slight_smile:

Starts to look good for short.

I think they are going to shoot for STOPS below 1.3700ā€¦very soon. :slight_smile:

Can you discuss your thoughts on short some more?

(I see a bit more of a long until the next resistance level.)

Edit* Ok, so hmmm. A lesson here would be good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m looking to make a repeat short trade like last week around the 1.3835 level if price gets there. :slight_smile:

If price however happens to break through that level, based on good interest rate news, then wow, we may rocket through the barrier, and stops behind it should catapult us to 1.3900 AT LEAST.

Sucks that I wont be able to monitor the markets actively, as Iā€™m tied up with some midterms this week!

Wishing you all good trades!

EDIT: [B]coxsonne,[/B] your heads-ups are invaluable! Iā€™ve also looked to place limits near those levels to catch any potential moves up. :slight_smile: