1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

[B]@NeroKoso,[/B] although I may not agree with how you identify it, I still do, so come along and join me, if I go down at least we’ll go down together! Quicker you get in, quicker you take risk off…free trade for me at 1.3817 :slight_smile: and that’s going to be important if you plan on shorting, seeing as huge amounts of buy-side pressure is mounting…who will you side with? :smiley:

[B]@coxsonne[/B] Is it really a barrier? Or is it just a huge pile of stops? I was under the impression it was the latter which is why I didn’t play it. :open_mouth:

Regards,
xXTrizzleXx

EDIT: Ok, I know what’s up there now!
EDIT2: It will be interesting to know what NY open will produce. :rolleyes:

I’m short with a small amount from 1.3842. Not taking any chance though - moved my stop to B/E in case E/U wants to make a bust to the upside past the 1.3850 level. Got +0.6% from catching some of the overnight EUR/JPY long so don’t want to give some back needlessly.

Edit: And I’m out - going to wait and see what unfolds with the volumes and how the levels around here hold up or not.

[B]@PipBandit[/B]Good move on moving to BE! Was able to take risk off the table with a position at 1.3845, SL at 1.3853 so if it decides to fall down, I’m set! On the contrary, if the barrier is breached, then I have my buy-stop at 1.3855 ready to ride the ensuing chaos!

Good luck!

xXTrizzleXx

It’s both…Stops have been flushed, already…that’s why Cable shot higher.
1.6240…last Thu Hi…is history…next 1.6255/69/70 STOPS.

That will most likely shoot Cable past…16274/80…that’s when I’m out. :slight_smile:
On the downside I get flushed @1.6215.

Let’s wait and see…

Do you take half off the trade at 1:1 RR? I find it really helps ease things up, especially the way Fiber was literally flirting with 1.3850!

EDIT: At out BE!

I don’t, no because I would trade AGAINST the “crowd”.
I would enter 1 lot, only with a very tight stop placed 1 or 2 pips above the next line of Offers.
For example…1.3750…next line of Offers above 1.3750 is most likely 1.3761…Jan 27th Hi. I would place my stop at 1.3763 If I get flushed…so be it…if it pay’s and goes my way I would run a very tight stop until I get flushed.

Everybody is different and it all depends on your individual trade objective.

EDIT: It’s above 1.3863…Feb, 1st Hi where I would put my STOP. And it is 1.3850…of course.
Sorry about that… I should NOT type while I’m trading. :slight_smile:

I find it really helps ease things up, especially the way Fiber was literally flirting with 1.3850!

That’s important…for YOU. You are the one who is trading. :slight_smile:

Cable got as far as 1.6216…it’s that 1 pip again…:slight_smile:

Trade I entered and finished up just recently. G/U spiked up but then the bar after had higher volume but closed lower than the spike. I went short the bar after at 1.6262 and my rough TP of 20 pips was hit shortly after and it looked like price was getting stopped. Wasn’t looking for anything more seeing as we’re close to that 1.6280 level there’s a fair bid it seems shooting for it.

Good stuff!

Had gone short before the main volume peak, but the big volume around news time with no increase in price confirmed the price was going down.

And they say that volumes are useless in forex, either they are or I’m delusional! :confused:

I find them useful as an extra validation to what I’m seeing happen around certain areas of interest. Probably the price action could be interpreted without them but it’s a good visual tool for me as a relative noob and I’m not constantly being steered wrong by it. I guess some people are completely dismissive but doesn’t matter. If it’s helping keep using it. If it’s not then bin it. Pretty simple but some people are caught up in the attitude that their way is the only way.

Its pretty clear that you’re delusional! LMAO

You’re jumping to conclusions. I hadn’t read that thread until now - I’ve been having intermittant trouble connecting to the forum this past couple of days. There wasn’t any dig at you so you can dismount from your high horse. Anyway, I’ve no particular investment with volume. If you read my response above you’ll see that I acknowledge that, for me, it’s a useful visual tool for how price is acting around certain zones of interest. I tend to try to follow the stuff from the Technical Templates thread when time / timing permits me to get into those type of trades.

Maybe volume is a crutch that I won’t always need but, for now, I’m finding it a help and it hasn’t steered me wrong too often as a visual trigger. That’s just my results over the past while - maybe it’s just that the volume is working out the same time as how I’m looking at the trades using the info from the TT thread. I’ve an open mind and will keep refining things as I go along to find what works best for me.

= 100 pips in >60 sec.

24 pips short 1.40…for now… :slight_smile:

How did you know ‘they’ had long positions lined up? I don’t really see the volume telling me that on the 1hr candle before the up-shoot.

Was an impressive leap alright. Once Trichet omitted the “rates are appropriate” line it was whoosh time. Not convinced they have much scope to actually raise rates unless they want to smash currently insolvent banks and countries. If the choice is between screwing large financial institutions or screwing Joe Peasant I don’t think there’s a whole lot of deliberating to be done. Methinks the poor consumer will have to mostly bear the burden of rising prices for now. Thanks again big banks!

1.40 is a likely target for E/U bulls. If interest rate expectations went their way (as they did today) then they were positioned to bid it up strongly. You won’t see volume showing this as before the Trichet press conference nobody was trading much as they were waiting to see what he said.

I don’t really see the volume telling me that on the 1hr candle before the up-shoot.

Because ‘They’ have placed follow-through Bids BEHIND line of defence a couple of day’s ago.

Volume shows you nothing because there isn’t any…it’s the liquidity structure that is pushing price up and NOT volume. You are “blind” in that aspect.

‘They’ = Citigroup… :slight_smile:

Coxsonne,

this is “VSA/SR/fibb etc.” thread… You never give anything about that. You say what you have bought and sell after move has happened. You don’t give any screenies and explains why you entered and exited. Then you talk about some things that again are not about VSA/SR/fibb etc. You don’t give anything to this thread.

You are confusing me.

1.40 is a target - No **** Sherlock, yes coxonne, come on, you never qualify a thing you say, I’m not knocking you but I would love to see what information/strategy/logic you are going by.

So, I stop posting then.

You are confusing me.

Because I stop posting there will be no more confusion for you then. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

PS: If you’d read my posts in this thread you would have known where and when to enter. I’ve posted plenty of clues in the past weeks about intent of order book and liquidity structure far in advance.