1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

I have no time for forum politics, jealousy and *****ing.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to see you going coxsonneā€¦perhaps you can consider enabling PM so we can dialogue more?

I feel very sorry for those who have ignored what you brought to the table. Out of all the people in this thread, PipBandit, I remember you from the days of your journal employing ā€˜The Finest in Trend Tradingā€™ strategy. I liked your drive, and so the humble piece of advice I give you is to read all of the posts coxsonne has left here. This isnā€™t my thread so I wonā€™t express my views on using volumes here.

Seeing as coxsonne is gone, and he was the only thing that brought me back to BabyPips, I guess Iā€™ll be taking a leave of absence once again.

Amazing how people react when you try to give them a guiding nudge.

Good trading,
xXTrizzleXx

A good place to short? What do you guys think? I have spotted some HV up-thrust, some volume drying up on the up movesā€¦ Could this be a sign that the yellow resistence wonā€™t be penetrated? Please tell me if I am wrong, I am still learning. Thanx!

I wouldnā€™t read too much into that at this time of night. Thereā€™s not much action now so the line will probably hold for now but could well be taken out later once liquidity returns. Also tomorrow is NFPs so probably going to see consolidation until those numbers are released.

Sometimes when reading forums, one has to not read the words, but the message they send.

Pride is a horrible thing when wounded, and then creates eruptions like this, where we have not one but 2 ā€˜contributingā€™ members depart.

I dare say there are dozens of suscribers to this thread that never post, because they are trying to understand the concept.

To lose 2 members in such a way is tragic, and because since Pete and Dodge have become silent, our posting members are now a fraction of what they were, which in the end only destroys the thread.

I am by no means even remotely skilled with this method. I can still not recognise some of the triggers people post up, or why. But that is why we are learning this, together as a group.

Coxsonne. Nero and Purple are correct, it is a VSA thread; But I have never seen you attempt to destroy the thread or debunk it; and you contribute, as does Trizzle.
[B]
Anything that helps outline the shape of what we are trying to see with VSA is important in my opinion. [/B]

You seem to imply that there is more than volume at play.

My question is How? Huh? Help me understand.

Iā€™ll try and put it in a nutshell, first read through all this thread then you should realise that the market goes through 2 different phases - Ranging=Accumulation, Distribution=Trending, on an uptrend you should trade long on breakouts or from the bottom of the range, on downtrend the opposite.

Does that help?

I thought both accumulation & distribution phases were ranging/consolidation, and the trending occurs in the markup/markdown phases = 4 phases

Then in a range you ā€œfadeā€ the support/resistance areas, and in a trend you trade the pullbacks at the fib levels in the direction of the markup or markdown. I think the ā€œfaderā€ part of Peteā€™s name suggests thatā€¦no?

I think you understand the terminology much better than I do, but the trading principle is the same?

Itā€™s still this isnā€™t it ? - http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/37558-look-its-easy-all-you-need-know-picture-7.html#post236340

I think you need a refresherā€¦:wink:

I think youā€™re right, but isnā€™t it still the same principle?

Whatā€¦to trade a breakout on a trend? I donā€™t think so. If in an uptrend, youā€™d trade long at a 38/50/62 % fib down retracement level and vice versa in a down trend for up retracements. Trading long at the bottom of the range yes, and trading short at the top.

Then youā€™d use VSA to help confirm the strength (for longs) or weakness (for shorts) of price action to conform to that. If price breaks out, then you`d wait for a retest back towards the support or resistance to help confirm if the breakout is false or valid.

So we agree then? the basic principle is still the same?

In the first part you say - trade a breakout on a trend? I donā€™t think so. then you say later - if price breaks out you wait for a retest, you mean as in an uptrend it breaks resistance and then resistance changes to support so you trade off the support?

I feel a parody coming on :-
Choose life.
Choose a job.
Choose a career.
Choose a family,
Choose VSA
Choose trending
Choose ranging
Choose life insurance
Choose a pension scheme
Choose Spread Betting
Choose Cheese Spread
Choose Support
Choose Resistance
Choose VSA
Choose retracements
Choose strength
Choose Weakness
Choose 31.8
Choose 61.2
Choose LIFE

I Choose not to choose life
I Choose FOREX

Call it what you like isnā€™t it the same basic principle? Think about it too much and it breaks down, the market never behaves as it does in the diagram.

Now why did I say that (EURUSD 5 MIN)

Thatā€™s never going to happen, would you show your bank account details to the world?

But the thing is, itā€™s not what trading is about, if you were shown say a 12 month profitable trading record based on a certain strategy that you would then use over the next 12 months, would the results be the same? - NO

It will always be between you and your mouse click, there is no magic in this methodology more than any other, the market ranges then the market moves, call it Accumulation/Distribution then Mark Up or Mark Down, my terminology was totally wrong earlier as Sweet Pip pointed out, but the thing is thatā€™s what it does, like I said before call it ranging, messy are, a meandering wave 4 then a trend, move, mark up, call it a spade I donā€™t care, thatā€™s what the market does, and this approach is one of the best ways of trading as such.

Trading the initial breakout is not a basic principle or in oneā€™s best interest which is what your initial post implied without regard to any VSA principles, so we are not in agreement.

Come to think of it, there is only a breakout or bounce of support or resistance areas which are present in both a trend and a range.

The principles involve the various ways of detecting strength & weakness in price action at any location of support & resistance whether in a trend or range, and you use those principles to determine whether price will bounce or break that area, and then watch for further confirmation before actually committing to trade it.

Sweet Pip you are right, the way I said what I meant was not one of my best postings - itā€™s a case of I know what I mean :slight_smile:

Thanks for the refreshers, (it was not my question), but I found the ensuing discussion on our own interpretations and utilisation of the strategy quite interesting.

Obviously it doesnā€™t matter, as long as it works for you. Still quite canā€™t manage Neroā€™s style, and Peteā€™s own 5 day forecast is just chillingly scary.

invote me to your chat room pleaseā€¦ thanks Pete

Sweet Pip - your timely suggestion at a refresher served me well today, hereā€™s my interpretation of today and it was quite easy trading.

Notice the ā€˜head and shouldersā€™ on the distribution phase, and again the volumes confirm.