1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Thanks Pete… Well I gotta go back and look up what stopping volume is. I am pretty sure I’ve seen it in the book.

… Well behind the doji is a downbar and after the doji there comes an upbar… That is a reversal to an uptrend right? But the trend is down for another 4 bars. Does that show weakness or strength?

My first long hit BE, but I was able to bank some. This one was too easy. Fake breakouts on high volume…gotta love em. Took some again and locked BE due to high volume reaction to .50 fib. Market is buy/sell soup right now, buying low selling high on stopping Volume at s/r and fibbs for scalps. Getting rid of risk at the first sign of trouble, which is this high Volume reaction now to .50 fib as I type this.

I’ve given the definition of stopping volume multiple time in this thread, and recently…tisk tisk, read up.

Talking about up bars and down bars and 4 bars…I don’t get the question. Why does it seem like a nut house in here today? These questions are hurting my brain, lol.

I’m short from 1.3885 - jumped in at the 62% retracement. Hoping it’ll break down past the 1.3840-60 resistance zone but volume kicked in there again like it did yesterday so seems to be some decent bids there still.

Edit: Out for +12 pips. Looks like it has more to upside to it still. Pretty choppy so far.

Personally I’d be careful with shorts. Technically this is accumulation…lower price already rejected today too. 1hr has wide spread down bar, highest Volume of the day, followed by inside close…I could go on, lol.

I think there is alot breakout traders, so when something like that gets pushed through, they start buying. And then of course, SM is selling for them. Makes sense for me.

Not too shabby. :smiley:

Stop hacking markets!

I think my open makes sense. But notice that green line. I set that there few days ago. I totally woulda bought in there, but I totally missed that one. =/ But, at least got something from this trade…

There is the spot where I closed half of the trade. I will close other half if I see reason to go long. If I do see reason to go long, I will close this other half, and then open half long position. I don’t really feel longs right now.

I want to see if it transpires that when the market is downtrending the Accumulation and Distribution are inverse, i.e. like Sweet PIP said USD/EUR as it were.

As it transpires today, I think any analysis wouldn’t be that useful in this soup as you say.

Is the Dollar Still a Safe Haven? - MarketWatch

So… Now my analyse is confirmed. I totally will look shorts now. Pete, you with me on this one?

I thought you didn’t pay attention to that stuff? Going short would mean USD is strong, which is the opposite of what that article suggests. So, yeah…that sounds good lol. When we get closer to London I’ll take a look at the chart.

Ouch, harsh but true. (And that’s necessary to learn, I would rather know if I am understanding things incorrectly)

It was a little convoluted. I’m glad Nero got it though.

I can’t still interpret Volume as well as most of you, I’m still looking for the [I]why[/I].

Correct me again if I am wrong, but the whole thing seems to be a gigantic double, triple quadruple bluff. The SM doesn’t actually care what the price or trend is, they make their money by manipulating the herd within the natural flow of things.

They may have objectives, but they exert their influence in such a way that they reach it richer than if they had just ‘pushed’ there, they make alot of money, and set themselves up for further gain along they way. (ie; they short, in order to get better long positions, which they then short to gain a better short position. (confusing yes? it makes a weird kinda sense though to me).

So in essence, I shouldn’t have ‘Bullish, or Bearish’ impression, I should just react to what I see the price doing at the volume. Easy enough to say…

But throw in S/R, and the occaisonal Fib, and a ‘familiarity’ begins to form. Then its a matter of identifying the candles, the their closes.

Yes no maybe?

I will get back into the chart sharing and discussion; work is just full on right now.

Sorry to be harsh but I just figure it’s better to not beat around the bush with my responses.

Much of this post is true. I would only correct…

“So in essence, I shouldn’t have ‘Bullish, or Bearish’ impression, I should just react to what I see the price doing at the volume. Easy enough to say…”

True that signals can come in any direction, BUT be aware of the background. That includes noting where Stopping Volume/reversals trades took place on previous/current days, as well as looking to the left of your chart at the current price area. Yesterday was a good example of that as we had 3 days of weakness shown from 1.4 (overwhelming background, SM is short from there) but the immediate background behind our price was stopping volume on a down move, showing buyers. So conclusion, take the scalp long, and wait for the next short signal to ride down the background weakness that should eventually play out. (The shorts from 1.4).

As far as pushing price around to make maximize profit, yes that’s what they do. Be sure to consider TIME as a variable. Again, 3 days of weakness (distribution) versus 1 day of strength…yesterday. That simply tells me they are still holding shorts until further notice, and my short trades will have bigger targets, long will be scalps and more risky. Again, that is the background…[B]knowing what direction smart money is biased towards, from where and relatively how much.[/B]

Thanks Pete.
For the record;
Most people won’t change their habits unless made uncomfortable, ie; they are pissed off or in pain.

If I get it wrong. Call it. Piss me off. I want to learn this and don’t have time nor the inclination to receive the complimentary soft pat on the head and warm fuzzy encouragement thats befitting a preschooler learning to write.

I repeat. I want to learn, not be told nice things.

With regard to my confusing post regarding push through;

Recently

Last week

That’s what I was referring to. It’s too chaotic to call a pattern, but it is familiar.

Cool, I just went back and read that post and with the picture you’re making perfect sense and are correct. (lack of sleep made me a but stupid yesterday…I can however read a chart in that state somehow, just not english lol.)

Price moved up so fast that you would have to conclude with common sense that there are much less average Joe traders that are long from any decent low price. In fact, we know Joe…he bought AFTER and his stop was hit on the subsequent 35 pip pullback on the very next bar. Those with larger stops on emo longs from last week ate it Tuesday.

Interesting article.

I don’t agree with the sentiment behind it though. The author is basically insinuating that there is a problem with the buck being a safe haven.

If push comes to shove in the middle east, you can bet it is.

Trading has fundamentally changed over the last few years. People are willing to let things ride a bit more, not to mention the lion’s share of trading is algorithmic.
Those programs don’t read papers. They are sat up to trade at levels. Should those levels be breached, the flight to cash will be swift and furious.

Take all that with a grain of salt, and a Pepto Bismol…

Oh, I did pay attention. I saw title and it kinda hit me. It totally said “BUY DOLLARS”. After translation that is. Simple to translate: Just reverse the msg. :smiley: “Is the dollar still a safe” means “DOLLAR IS STILL SAFE!!! BUY DOLLARS!”

Edit… Oh yea and must say… I don’t read any of that stuff. I don’t even watch news from tv. I have no idea what is going on in world. I got that link from my friend. I like to think my friend acts like herd.

Oh yea hey lol! I did test with my friend… I asked him “what should I do… Go short or go long”… Friend said go long. “So I go short”. Then almost instanly, profit. I asked my friend “should we close or keep going”, keep going he says. “So I close it, 0.33% profit.” :smiley: Then, little after, “price got back up where we first started that trade, we go short again or long now” Go short! “so you say go long. Okay.” I got some profits from that too. Same thing with close… “should we close or keep going” KEEP GOING, “so close it is.” But, if I woulda let it keep going, woulda gave good profits. But half % was good without any working. :smiley:

Closed that other half there. But didn’t go long.

lol, go into trading chat rooms under a random name and do the opposite. :wink: I can’t say I’ve done that, but I have eves dropped and found myself doing the opposite. :stuck_out_tongue: