1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

VSA for exits, bravo.

Longs are risky because yesterdays pa on 1hr shows our Accumulation zone becoming REdisribution. High volume wide up bars, followed by inside close on an attempt to mark up. Would have been nice if anyone pointed that out. :rolleyes:

That is good idea. :smiley:

I should do that with my mini account, just for fun. My mini account is there just to amuse me when Iā€™m bored. :smiley: That would be just great idea. Or I should get friend to open demo accountā€¦ And get him to tell what he does and then I would do total opposite what he is doing. That would be so funny test.

Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Ah, Pete gets ready to hack again. :smiley:

Hey Pete,
what would you call the very high volume bar you are waiting for on the 50.0 fib level?

I know what youā€™re getting at lol. Yes, stopping Volume. By definition it would have to be higher than any volume bars on the trending move up to .50 fib, and followed by an inside close to confirm it. ā€¦and like I said, a short today would be in harmony with yesterdayā€™s background.

Just following the story here. A 3min chart for fun. Buyers are really holding the line here off the bottom.

So tempted to go long right now. I must resist.

That supply level was tested to the pip and rejected. A good example of overall background weakness (Iā€™ve been talking about all day) overtaking short term strengthā€¦thatā€™s why itā€™s always safer to trade with it.

So, does it work inversely? itā€™s pointing to a yes today, if only I was up a little earlier, I would have been short at that 1.3880 level, oh well thatā€™s forex.

Letā€™s see if it unfolds with a head and shoulders or double bottom around this 1.3800 area, this is by no means a projection, there all kinds of things that can change, my main aim is to see if when you get a wider range followed by a smaller range and we can define this, you can get one heck of a high probability trade off the back of the smaller range.

ok, letā€™s put this one to bed. I donā€™t want people to get confused.

The terms ā€œaccumulation and distributionā€ were originated based on trading stocks and the like, NOT forex. So when a stock is due to go down, the professionals are ā€œDistributingā€ ā€¦selling off. In forex itā€™s different but these are now standard terms for VSA in FX, so letā€™s stick to it or things can become real confusing.

We all call north ā€œnorthā€ because it just became the standard, but whoā€™s to say a compass is not upside down lol. The chart in the first post is our standard, the nuances to define them are within this thread.

I agree, but how do we go forward? I think there is real value in doing this analysis and posting that type of chart, I think it is very helpful for newbies and to establish that the same pattern in reverse is as valid, but not if Iā€™m going to be confusing everyone.

Pete - itā€™s your thread so for me itā€™s your call, my suggestions would be to:-

1. Not do any more, the question has been raised and illustrations have been done so itā€™s up to user to make use of the idea as they wish.

2. Keep doing it, using different terminology like - Big Range and Small range and the usual bullish, bearish.

3. Do it as is and assume users understand that this is forex and not stocks.

My aim is to be helpful, and if Iā€™m confusing stuff Iā€™m not helpful.

There is really no difference, so Iā€™m not sure what you mean. They are accumulating short positions, yesā€¦but we ā€œcallā€ it Distrubution, so itā€™s all the same.

These are standard VSA terms, and I think we should stick to them so that peolpe who are learning VSA elsewhere will understand. As far as your 3rd pointā€¦If they donā€™t take the time to understand it, they can go away and trade their MA crosses lol. Now that itā€™s been cleared up with posts, no reason not to get it. :slight_smile:

I gotcha, I see you mean like this :-

So my question is where are we now?

For now itā€™s Stopping volume on the 1hr, confirmed by an inside close. Weather we call it accum or redistribution is based on what happens from here.

The second to last candle on your chart is a push through supply. The top of the range after stopping Volume is a supply line. If the push through is successful and price closes above the high of that candle, it will most likely test .50 61.8. next.

Thanks, I follow now, this has been so helpful, it also makes more sense now when you relate it to market symmetry.

Looks ready to bounceā€¦

Iā€™m on it, long at 1.3806, and you can take the credit for it, itā€™s down to youā€™r explanations this morning, also how many times do you see it dip past the 00 level and itā€™s a 32% retrace from the bottom on the 13th, letsā€™ see if it follows the script.

I went long at 1.3810 after it had gone past the high of that really wicky bar at 13:40. There was also reportedly Middle East buying at 1.38 and some large buyer also at the same level so seemed a decent shot. Iā€™ve closed it out now though for +23 pips as with the Dow off 150+ points Iā€™m not sure which way things could go.

Good call PipBandit, you got a little more than me out of that one.

My homework :slight_smile: Iā€™m not sure if it needs terminology :smiley: Iā€™d love to just call it bigger range and smaller range you know me - a spade a spade and all that.

I just hope it helps to illustrate how to look at the market.