100% in a year possibility?

@Blackduck

Mate, with the leverage in FX the returns are really not that spectacular at all.

And that was my point the bigger the number the more stress,

1 Like

I take it you have managed to make 300% in a year. Correct???

And what has been your best year??

Blackduck

Show us your accounts where youā€™ve done this

Possible but dont think thatway :slight_smile:

We are all aware of the old guideline that your potential risk in a trade should always be at least balanced by the potential reward, i.e., your r:r should always be at least 1:1.

The same rule should be applied to your trading as applied to each trade. So, as it is common for new traders to run a strategy which wipes then out within 1 year, so the strategy selected should be capable of doubling within the same period: so a 100% risk is matched by a 100% reward.

2 Likes

@Lang15

yes you have a point the more money the more stress, but thatā€™s only a problem for those who want to go from being profitable to those trading with real size.

For those who have trade with size already the added amounts dont really matter.

Iā€™m not going to do that chesterjohn sorry, but itā€™s interesting to know why you think thatā€™s not possible with the leverage at your disposal?

My best years were when there was a real commodities run, which made things easy.

but all it takes is a few decent trades in any one year, compounded and those gains are possible.

If there isnā€™t a chance of such returns why would anyone bother with such a risky market as forex?

How can I achieve this considering risk management?

My mind is Tabular Rasa, blank slate ready to be reshaped. Direct me on best ways to think, appreciate.

Hmmm.

How have your returns been so far?

Try placing stop/limit orders deep in verified S/D areas and be ruthless in cutting losses. Trade the D or higher TF.

Also you might want to consider establishing a high priced, forex course course that includes how to become a private fund manager and sell that as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

good luck. :grimacing:

KC

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s impossible, it is ā€˜possibleā€™, but most of the people on here make blanket statements without any actual success. Itā€™d be nice to see some actual results to back this up.

I know it is possible. Iā€™ve had 3 trades in 6 months that have made 40%. The problem is itā€™s not often to get in these trades with a big return and not have a big risk if it goes slightly wrong

I made +4.6% last week but it was Week 1 of a trial so Iā€™m not going to say that automatically means I will make 100% in the next year. Though I can say that this same strategy COULD make 100% in the next year.

I am encouraged that I had 4 winning days out of 5, and that all the trades were of almost identical initial capital risk mostly on the same market, so it featured a stable, slow and steady accumulation rather than a couple of big unexpected lucky wins.

2 Likes

I think you need to be risking about 3% per trade, letting profits run rather than using profit targets, moving stops to break even quickly and NOT day trading.

1 Like

This is my 6months in trading FX and Iā€™m not yet profitable. I went back to the black board after blowing my capital with profits. I have been testing my system since January, hoping to demo trade the system for 12months. So far on demo, out of 8 trades I have 6wins and 2losses with total profit of 4%

good job, keep going :muscle:t6:

Thanks for the encouragement, appreciate

1 Like

no problem. One thing that helps me keep going is reminding myself that the day you want to just quit, could be the same day you actually make it. So just keep pushing no matter how hard things get

1 Like

Short answer - yes

Yes and its not even been 12 months yet. The Ā£10K Gamble - [The Journey] - well over 100% now, and this is just me taking a punt.

2 Likes