10K new account

Appreciate this. Following along with interest. Got some good stuff from some of the regulars already. Sweet!

I think I’m missing the obvious, Why is that?

KC

because he wants to target a few pips only but having a wide stop, so pairs with a smaller adr won t put him into extreme drawdown in 1 single day should he enter at a point and price goes directly against him. if he s gonna trade pound pairs or gold, or singapore dollar etc, he s gonna get crushed beeing on the wrong side of the trade.

@frandlost What @1odi said.

Though I would add, that ideally I would like to target more than a few pips, but I have a bad habit of closing a trade once in profit. I have recognised the fault, and I’m working on it :grin:

Someone once told me that bad habits are easy to form and hard to break. Good habits are hard to form, and easy to break. I believe this is true

1 Like

in progress, let s see what will happen

Very bullish candle on the daily chart a few days ago.

i m only going for twice my risk
at 1 to 1 i set break even and dependin on the volume and the candles i might put something in the bank or not
well, what do u know… looks like it s pickin up ahaha, stop at BE, so now can do whatever
6 pips of profit, closed, there s nothing to trade in anticipation of the news, shity day

gold is dead today, i guess they ll consolidate till FOMC later on today, stay away of news btw

Roger.

Tx!

KC

your welcome

My trades that I took on Monday have just broken out of drawdown and are now in profit, though only just.

hahahahha.life s cruel huh
wishin and prayin and hopin
kudos to u tho if ur capable to trade like that, i try to keep my DD as small as possible( that also means i try to cut losses quick, smthin u won t learn trading like that)

It’s great that you keep risk reward ratio at reasonable levels where max loss doesn’t exceed max profit. But you could also introduce more safety to your trading limiting max loss per trade to 1% of equity. This will ensure a streak of losing trades (which will happen anyway on a relatively long trading timeframe) won’t erode your account equity too much.

1 Like

Im busy the next few days, so probably wont be able to monitor trades. I was overall up, so decided to close them all.

£9 loss on CADJPN but £10 up (including loss) overall.

I think CADJPN would have gone into profit, but not completly sure. I wouldnt be surprised if I dont reenter that trade once a few more candles have shown probable direction.

Lessons learnt:

Giving room to breathe seems to fit my style and personality. However, I’m human and the only way I feel comfortable at the moment to do so is by keeping the positions small. Great for limiting loss, but also limits profit.

I cant for the life of me determine trend direction on my mobile. It doesnt matter if I look vertical or horizontal or any time frame. I must stick to using a pc. Mobile just doesnt cut it for me.

If you are reading this, good luck in your trading :sunglasses:

Yes, your thoughts are similar to mine. Its a balance and both sides have a valid arguement. Keep stop loss tight to avoid large drawdown vs give it room to breath but risk large loss if stopped out. Who is right?

I am currently using a large account and taking small positions. When I say large, I mean large for an average guy. Im not rich and its a 10k account. Clearly some people might think 100k or a million is large and 10k is small.

My positions sizes are 0.01 to 0.03. Tiny. So I am risking less than 1% of the account. However, at some point I will have to increase the size…or it will take me 400 years to make some good money. I therefore either need to grow the account or risk a higher percentage. What will I do? Not sure yet. Probably a combination of both. And also be better at trade selection.

End of week 2. £54 profit. No current trades running, so no floating loss. Great start but still aware of flaws in my system, so I will be looking to examine and improve. I will look at all the data on Sunday, and how to improve for more trades on Monday.

1 Like

Trades today:

CADJPY Sell 0.03 24 pips £5.29
CHFJPY Sell 0.02 25 pips £2.20
49 pips £7.49

Trades I am eyeing up:

GBPCAD Buy (which breaks one of my lessons as its GBP)

AUDNZD Buy

End of week summary.

Pips gained in week: 97 (including loses)

Pips lost: 9 (GBPCAD Buy 8pips at £0.51 loss & GBPJPY Sell 1pip at £0.11 loss)

Gain for week: £12.25

Gain since start (8th Sept 19): £66

Lessons learnt:

Still making silly mistakes like clicking buy instead of sell!!

Still closing trades instead of letting them run. I did multiple trades for GBPJPY but I should have just let it run. More for me and less for broker.