12 hour charts

Anyone have any experience with them? Comments?

I use ac-markets chart tool
I think long term charts are the best idea; it gives you a better impression on how the currency pair moves.
Unless you are a scalper, you�ll be ok with that time frame. If you scalp, stick to tick-by-tick charts since there is where you profit is

…it seems the standard jump in TF’s is from H4 to Daily.

Possibly from traditions in equities?

Just wondering if a H12 may be useful in FX due to the market hours.

It depends on what type of trader are you� if you are a day trader or a position trader you�ll probably be just fine. :slight_smile:

Good point, before picking your tools you have to define what kind of trades you feel comfortable doing, since that is what will define your needs

wait 12 hr chart? your almost becoming a position trader. less false signals but your focus will be more on fundamentals.

I usually do either 4H or 1D. But now that you’ve brought it up, idk why 12H isn’t as common!

you can but expect a long wait, I myself I use 8 hr chart

Is that the lowest you’d usually go?

case to case basis

many people do, in the institutional trading world, as well

given the timings of the global forex sessions, this generally makes far more sense than trying to use 12-hour charts, which would “divide sessions” rather than “containing” them - i’m just slightly surprised that this thread has been on the board for 14 years without anyone yet making this rather obvious point …

Looks like you broke the curse on the 14th year! :joy:

I’m not sure we get many here with institutional trading world experience or exposure. We’re lucky to have you.

1 Like