£1200 to £1 million? Unlikely but I'll try

Big winner again today. New account up over 100% in 7 weeks. Might try and have a scalp tomorrow, but expecting a pullback soon so not sure.

Long term trade of gold is going nicely. Big swaps and up about 40% on that account.

Overall I make that up 72%, with most of it in the last 2 months. Looking back to my first post, that’s a lot higher than I was expecting. Not far off what I was hoping for in 3 years with the money input about there too.

Let’s see if we can get to 100% by the end of the year…

3 Likes

Keep them updates comin’, and keep on going! Been following your thread since day 1, thinking of doing the same

1 Like

Gold has started tanking again. Going to try and catch the bottom and enter after the retracement this time. Possibly move the account over to CTrader when I get out. The retracements have been huge, which I wasn’t expecting with the high treasury yields and state of most economies. It’d be far more profitable to have been getting in and out, but the key as always is the timing.

Had to withdraw some money from the scalp/day trading account. But been having good results still. Current gain is up 95%. Can’t see anything but USD strength in the months to come, so hoping I can keep riding this train.

Choo choo.

I keep reading people saying the impending government shutdown is bad for the USD. Remember that USD is the number 1 safe haven. Uncertainty means USD strength.

Once the shutdown arrives, we might see weakness, but we’re completely overdue a retracement anyway so it’ll be hard to differentiate. Eurozone in a recession whilst still raising rates could hit them very hard. More USD strength is in the pipeline when the recession comes.

From history of inverted yield curves and fed rate pauses, a recession in the US is expected to start between October and next June. So I’d guess next summer or autumn will be when it officially hits. But the yield curve says a downturn is coming sooner. Prepare for some tough times.

Just looked on myfxbook and EURUSD incredibly has 85% of bets as long. Why on earth is anybody going against the dollar right now? This has been the easiest money possible and I’m seeing blown accounts all over the place.

We’re heading for a global downturn, the dollar is going to be strong for a while yet.

Has anybody seen myfxbook get your stats completely wrong? It’s showing the first account in this thread as down 35% but it’s up nearly 100%. Weird

Made some stupid mistakes this last week or so. Traded a news event and got the move I expected but held on hoping it’d reverse so lost a lot rather than made a lot. Then recovered it to my original plan and undid the damage. Only to Then put a stupidly large position short on the S & P which was correct in analysis but the size made the entry timing critical and I was too early so another loss. But I recovered again today and still sitting nicely up for the month.

All of this is because I’m busy in work so can’t trade my scalping strategy. But I’m wanting to trade because I’ve been on a roll.

Myfxbook now has more realistic stats for the first account, but has a high that is way above where it should be.

Anyway, currently sitting at 13384 from an input of 5500 total. Way ahead of target which would be about 9000 and that was overly ambitious. I’ll try and get some pictures and charts at the weekend.

Good luck buy gold

I was trying to collate all my data into Excel to show the combined growth vs predicted at 10% per month. The problem is that I don’t have equity data only balance, so it looks like the first 4 months were terrible because I had long term trades open and only closed losers whilst letting winners run. Then the addition of the day trading account plus closing them due to gold situation changing means the growth suddenly explodes for 3 months.

Here is the charts though. The spike is when I added more funds, there is no plan to add more:

Myfxbook is doing weird things. There’s a huge loss shown on this account. It was a loss that day, but it was nowhere near the amount of pips that it’s saying:

And this one is showing an account high that has never happened. The current balance is the account high:

Edit:
I see now that on US500 it’s counting 1 pip as 100 pips, so a 100 pip loss has become a 10k pip loss. It looks stupid, but pips aren’t important, pounds are.

I shared my Heiken Ashi candle strategy and how I use them in the scalping account above in the thread.

I was looking at Renko charts and had some MAs on from a different strategy and I saw that MA crosses are much better entries than on normal candles. I haven’t backtested to know whether it would work and won’t have time to look at this until Christmas, but I’ll look into it when I can. Shouldn’t be hard to code, but I can’t find documentation for the built in functions on cTrader, so it’s much harder for me than MT5 which did have good documentation.

No thanks, I’m undecided on gold and out of all trades on gold. I’ll scalp/day trade it but escalation of the wars will lead to gold going up. When Biden starts interfering, which is only a matter of time, it’ll probably start to settle down and gold will start moving in line with non-war fundamentals again.

I don’t try to call reversal points, I wait for them to happen and then join in.

1 Like

https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader-automate/guides/

https://help.ctrader.com/fix/

https://openapi.ctrader.com/

All the resources needed for programming cTrader FIX API…

1 Like

Ok cool I think it’s going down now