13 years ago, Satoshi Nakamoto mined the first Bitcoin block

Happy birthday, Bitcoin! :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

I also saw this one on twitter. The price of bitcoin on its birthday. :open_mouth:

13 years: $47,310
12 years: $33,400
11 years: $7,319
10 years: $3,783
9 years: $14,764
8 years: $1,084
7 years: $432
6 years: $275
5 years: $816
4 years: $13
3 years: $5
2 years: $0.29
1 year: $0.05

1 Like

Wow. Even though we thought it was dropping it’s actually risen more that last January.

Crazy to think about those who lost actually. I saw many articles online about people who threw away their hard drives with millions of dollars worth bitcoins in early days without knowing. It was like super easy to mine them in early days, Some people mined 10+ coins per day. but they didn’t care coz it was not even 1 Dollar worth. WOW. Crazy! Just Crazy!

2 Likes

I never really thought about it like that! :smiley: Haha. It’s really far from where it was. :smiley: And although we’re currently in a dip right now, I’m hoping 2022 would be a great year for BTC. HAHA. :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Since it was around 60K around few months ago, and everywhere seeing predictions that it’ll reach 100K by 2021 December, Under 50K seemed like down, but never thought to check with 2021 Jan, to see how much it went up. :grinning:

Cheers to that :+1:

It has only been 13 years and yet it feels like an eternity. We live in a very different world compared to 13 years ago.

Bitcoin has been loyal to those who believed in it in the early days. At that time most people thought that it was just a bad idea which isn’t gonna work out. But those who put their trust in it are wealthy people now. It taught us to have strong beliefs because at some point it pays off.

I think 13 years ago very few people could have imagined Bitcoin’s volume of transactions outpacing PayPal’s, and yet here we are. Bitcoin has definitely been very good to those who had the foresight to hold onto it from the very beginning, there is absolutely no doubt about it.