16 Year old turned 150 Euros in to 60000 Euros

Hello boys and girls,

What do you guys think of this story? I believe is very motivating to see such a young person achieving this great milestone.

However, is important to remember risk management. I am not sure what lot size he had to use in order to achieve this in such a short period of time…

Anyhow, this does not take away the fact that this is an amazing achievement for such a young person.

1 Like

You are mistaken.

This was a very big scam in the UK - used to promote suckers into buying signals.

Different media outlets portrayed the story differently, but most of them had something along the lines of, ““I came across a group where people were giving out trading signals and investment ideas for free,” he said."

He is either a sucker himself or part of a bunch of scammers looking to give the impression Forex is very easy and all you need are these signals.

3 Likes

Bravo if it’s indeed true. But again MOST IMPORTANTLY understanding that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I’ve seen individuals build their accounts up towards 100k got super cocky and lost it all. He’s going to need to manage his risk as well as his capital is increasing. It’s lovely that at a young age his mind his opened to this at least.

1 Like

I agree. Bravo for the boy if it is true. These stories have to be taken with caution because newbies could try to over trade to reach this type of results fast.

But, it can also work as motivation of what is possible.

I hope this kid worked on his money management, otherwise he could lose that money very easy.

1 Like

I do not see that quote on the link. Where are you getting that quote?

You are so right. Actually as soon as I read this article it instantly reminded me of the guy who lost 14 million during the Yen flash crash earlier this year and who started a gofundme to raise the funds again. Poor management will have you back in the dark days and after building up an account that high - it will totally bruise your ego. Your right this type of story isn’t great for newbs to read as well because a lot them will think - hey I can make this money fast as well. Not saying you can’t, but it just takes a series of bad trades strung together for you to be back in the dark zone.

2 Likes

Some years ago when I was fully committed in this business I had an idea to actually take it schools but I got laughed at so it never went anywhere. Had a whole plan set out. Still think it could have helped a few in a country with an unemployment rate almost kissing 30% and where uni. graduates cannot get jobs. But oh well.

The above aside: have always said that a child could follow a mechanical trading system far better than an adult for many reasons.

3 Likes

That comment cannot be found in the linked article…The Metro looks like a dubious rag…

@The_Baller, please add some media links that back your comment?

I’d have to agree with that… sometimes too much knowledge leads to overthinking things.

Looks like I have to break it down for everybody.

Firstly each media outlet portrays it differently, but to point you in the right direction, here.

Oh really.

I see.

This guy and his fellow scammers got ripped apart on 4chan - they are a joke.

Not suspicious at all. If you were just offering signals why do you have to dictate the minimum deposit amount and the broker?

List goes on, if you still fall for this after the above, you are asking for it. This is a well planned scam.

1 Like

@The_Baller, Would I use a signal system I read about in an English Paper? No…

You have still not pointed to anything other than your opinion that this is a proven scam.

A plug for HIS signal service definitely, but the Daily Mail and the Mirror picked up this story and one would think they have done some due diligence before publishing ANY get rich quick scheme…

Maybe you aren’t the only one who is making a buck out of the FX Markets…

If the thing between your ears can’t determine whether something is scam or not then its probably not working as it should be.

Are you serious? The Daily Mail and the Mirror publish anything. Half of their headlines are just adverts. There is no money being made, that’s how you get a story published.

Enough said

You think of what you want to plug, and then build a backstory around it.

I couldn’t find the actual scammer behind it, but I’ve found him now, here.

That’s right everyone, we have 2 of the top Forex traders here, using a free website created with Wix - because they don’t want to pay the $2 bucks a month fee to remove the free branding.

Either this kid is just a mule and being used as a front or he is in on it, but either way, this is as obvious as it can get.

2 Likes

@The_Baller, Thank you, I just asked you to back up the claim with a link… nothing more.

The smart-ar$e commentary is not really necessary… is it?

I don’t trust anything of a financial nature coming out of the UK… so no skin of my nose.

Is a poor indictment on UK Media when a story that could have punters throwing good money after bad at a get rich quick scheme, gets air in a Newspaper without serious due diligence by the publisher.

It’s not necessary, but its part of the package, it helps keep the reader interested in the juicy info that was to follow.

You shouldn’t trust anything coming out of the UK regardless of what it is.

It’s more to do with how gullible people like the OP (and probably thousands of others) seem to be.

The article is written like a sales pitch for a start, no proof of earnings either - yet the real genuine educators out there are left in the dust.

Who are the top 2 that you are referring to??

If you are referring to me. I want to clarify that I don’t promote anything I only use babypips to learn Forex.

On the other hand, you are very impolite. Is it necessary to go against everyone here because they have an opinion???

And also, where did you read in this conversation that anyone was going to buy signals??

The story was about a kid that made money in Forex, not about signals, the only one talking about signals is you!!!

And next time stop going against everyone for discussing about Forex…

Read all of the above, again, slowly.

1 Like

hiya @The_Baller

please note ‘His biggest gains have come from following news stories about key Brexit negotiations.’ this means he accidentally could be in the right side of the market in one Brexit deal. If he was accidentally on the opposite side, he would get StopOut.

That must be SOME kid lemme tell you. Not even Theresa May and the entire British Parliament seem to be sure of all of the possible ramifications of Brexit (so it would seem). But some kid gets it (like all of our new and aspiring news traders and budding analysts who know it all after a quick read through the BabyPips tutorials). Must be me.

He spent hours learning how to trade and finally he succeeded in spite of the risk.
Great job
This boy knows how to make money

1 Like

I saw Edward-Ricketts on youtube yesterday, then I searched on BP to find this thread, and then someone posted on Reddit about how to fake ‘real’ MT4 accounts on DTube
Something to keep in mind :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I can confirm that The_Baller is correct. I was a former client of this young man. Lost just over £1000 in total. Lesson learnt - Yes, I am stupid but hey, I’d happily spend £1000 to learn from my mistake here.

The first trading day was good but then it was hit and miss. NFP days were always strong.

To be honest the signs were there;

2x different phone numbers after a month or two (new number apparently, then the old whatsapp pic changed to an older man?)
On his insta, he only showed profits, never loses of clients and days which were bad were made to look very good
He would pre-empt about potential big trades - this goaded me into depositing more which ultimately meant I lost more
I did withdraw some money but after the withdrawal, I kept seeming to lose more pips frequently

Happy to answer any questions from this experience. Still have my BDSwiss history & Whatsapp chat archived.

If something is too good to be true, it probably is