1D chart, is this a breakout and move upward or trend come to down side movement?

hiya,

Is this:

a real or false breakout? I mean do you think the channel is ended and its start of a uptrend or candles will come back to down side movement?
how we should detect the end of trend/channel direction?

thnxx :heart_eyes:

I don’t think there’s a way to be 100% sure this is a breakout - which is a top reason why I don’t trade breakouts.

Chart features though are not like DNA or fingerprints. You can’t say there is only one pattern and it definitely means this or that is going to happen. If you trade breakouts you will have a strategy that recognises potential breakouts as early as possible, but which also includes a risk plan so the if price does what you think is the less probable thing and continues downwards, your account will not be too badly damaged.

I think its more important to spend less effort deciding what the chart says and more planning what you will do about it.

1 Like

Looks like a W forming and price has been dropping for ages. Is this a Dollar pair by any chance.

1 Like

I’m also looking at this chart. It’s AUDUSD pair.

1 Like

yes its a dollar pair and looks like USD falling sharply, so I’m confused?!, is this temporarily fall of USD because of election in US, or its a new uptrend is coming up?

thnx

thnx. but you know that life is one time opportunity, every day gone, is gone. I want to trade every single opportunity that I can(If I know the chart) and take reasonable risks and win at the end of this reasonable gambling.

Lots of strategies that I seen in internet, depends on TA, so its really hard to find a strategy that detect the trend direction reversal/breakout/fake breakout/,… correctly, as they only working when the trend stabilized. Question is, ‘shall we enter when only trend stabilized, probably yes!’ but what if you still have a loosing position and you don’t know to keep it or close in loss, before its become huge loss. ?

You can’t close a losing position too early. The sooner you close it, the less money you lose and the more money you have to get back in with.

What’s the worst that can happen? Let’s say you buy at a certain price but price falls and now you are down 1% of your capital. So you close the position but you’re still left with 99%. Only price falls further so now you’re going to be able to get back in at an even lower price. As long as the movement is more likely to be upwards than downwards that is what you should do, get back in.

1 Like

thnx
campione