1D charts - Trend channels & Price Action

still got my eye on AUD/USD BEOB, any thoughts??

Shortly south on daily chart thereā€™s resistance from the old trendline connecting the nov, jan and march highs. Thereā€™s also a bit of traffic down there that price will have to chop through to get anywhere much.

I do agree that the BEOB is beautiful, Iā€™m just not that happy with its location.

o990l6mh, i agree itā€™s not ideal. I think iā€™ll place a short order just below the low of the BEOB and see if i canā€™t collect a few pips. If it fills iā€™ll manage it closely incase itā€™s short lived!

AUDJPY H1 chart. see the double bottom and also M pattern. taking long here for a 1:2 RRR. quick trade with 30 pips sl, 60 pips tp

Hey guys,

I took AUD/JPY for a scalp down to 85.00, got in at 85.50, S/L 86.10.

The AUD/USD BEOB looks nice too but shame about the location and correlation with JPY

On a side note - talk about pushy people, they chased me up and down the internet cables to get my name and email. Ha, Iā€™m not that easy guys . Thatā€™s something theyā€™ll get only when I decide to open a live account with them.

Pushy is not the word. The demo account is only available for 2 weeks without a live account and if you give them your real phone number (required for demo) expect a lot of calls.

Good platform though.

Looks like you guyā€™s were right on the AUD/USD BEOB, i did get my sell order filled and currently -14 pips! Luckily itā€™s on demo, thatā€™s what demoā€™s are for right - making mistakes!!!

Appreciate the comments last night, can only make me better

yep, weā€™re all here to learn!

Got stopped out of AUD/JPY very quickly, not quite sure what happened there but itā€™s forming a nice pin bar now. As are USD/JPY and AUD/USD

Hmmmā€¦ :rolleyes:

Of the 3 I like AUD/JPY most because the USD/JPY pin looks a bit odd and has quite strong resistance just above it at 93.50

AUD/USD has BRN 0.9300 to breach and the pin could be longer

AUD/JPY has bounced off a BRN already and FTA looks around the 86.80 area and it could go up to 87.00. Bit of recent traffic but before that lots of space.

AUD/JPY T/P hit, small stop - large position to make it 2% risk - nice scalp :smiley:

Currently in:

AUD/NZD - S/L @ B/E + 20, T/P 1.3100
GBP/USD - just entered after yesterdayā€™s IBP (if it qualifies!). Entry 1.5423, S/L 1.5340, T/P 1.5480

Iā€™m noticing the number 80 is a common stalling area along with 00 and 50. I wonder why :confused:

AUD/NZD T/P hit

GBP/USD is flapping around B/E, might close it out wherever it is before the news comes out today if I havenā€™t moved S/L to B/E by then.

Got a short checklist Iā€™m going to start using to evaluating setups. When a PA bar shows up:

1. Check location
  2. Check traffic/space
  3. check higher T/F
  4. Check FTA
  5. Check R:R
  6. Check COT
  7. Check upcoming news for the following day

Cable stopped out at B/E, quite glad to be out of that - that currency pair is so neurotic, especially with all these politicians spouting any kind of crazy nonsense to try and win the electionā€¦

Gonna sit on profits until tonight/tomorrow am

ddinnov,

Your check list will be useful, thanks.

Can i get your opinion on the EUR?GBP, on my feed i had a DBLHC set up on the daily chart. I couldnt see any major traffic and after the recent PB i felt it was a good signal for a long continuation. I set a buy stop order just above the close of yesterdays candle in anticipation of a break. It didnt happen and i have now cancelled the order.

Just after your take on this?

Cheers

just looking at it maybe it was something to do with the recent gap???

yeah large gaps definitely causes issues man

It looks like it should have been a nice trade on my feed (GFT). This is my first major gap so Iā€™m not used to them. Iā€™d say that in a non gap situation that looks like a nice set up.

I havenā€™t been looking for double/triple highs/lows. Will start to now.

me either, this just stood out!

i have probably asked you this before! How many pairs do you monitor and do you just take signals on the daily / weekly charts? Been looking today at the lower time frames but am worried about trading noise.

Early thoughts for tomorrows tradesā€¦

USD/JPY IPB forming after yesterdays PB - Possible confirmation of a break down? just crossing the 365 ema now which could act as support, best to wait for further PA confirmation i think

EUR/CHF Possible inside bullish bar forming, maybe a break long - currently price is aroung the daily and monthly pivots so would want a close above this level (1.4364ish) before entry

These are just early observations and I will review later nearer the daily close.:slight_smile:

Iā€™m staying away from inside bars for now. Will look at the other one later.

After saying I wouldnā€™t take any more trades today I just had to go and look at some commodities on the 4H timeframe. I then went and put on a short gold position after seeing an IPB and completely failed to check the checklist I put up earlier. Only just managed to exit at B/E :o

Whoever it was who said the market is neutral itā€™s [B]you[/B] (me) who makes it difficult was right on the moneyā€¦

i know exactly what you mean!

I donā€™t fully understand IPBā€™s yet, can you shed any light?

Just been looking at some gold and silver charts on ig index but the charts are not great, do you trade these with gft? Am i right when i say james16 like to trade gold and silver:D

For demo charts FXPro is a pretty ok choice. Lots of instruments :slight_smile: