2000 posts later - what have i learnt?

LOL, you spent a few weeks demo trading over two years and couldn’t create consistent success, so it must be gambling. Wow, two whole years, and your not a master millionaire trader… I guess you didn’t think it was worth while endeavor in the first place if you couldn’t put but, “many weeks over two years into it.” Sound more like you are the type of person that if something isn’t easy you give up.

You must not have looked too hard to find successful people, I’ve found a few who have shared their stories and aren’t just some scammer trying to sell you their system.

I’m consistantly profitable, not rich of course, but maybe when I get to two whole years I’ll be master of the world.

yes you must be right and I have a similar story. I spent a few weeks over the last 2 years on heart surgery. Unfortunately all my patients died and when I asked so called heart surgeons for their records they refused. Why? Well the only reason is that their patients died too. You hear a lot of people claiming to have had successful heart surgery but its all a scam. Onyer for finding out the truth and putting the rest of us right. Cant see why your bothering to attend college though because you know it all already

Stock market won’t treat you any better…finishing college is always a good idea. It will give you a feeling of accomplishment. Wish you well in your endeavors.

Dollie

Noooo! you just made me realize that I was just gambling this last trade that I took, because of a methodology I implemented foolishly thinking I could become profitable although in hindsight I should have realized it was a gamble even though I made a decent profit from It!!! whyyyyyyyyy

To [B]constantijn[/B] :

These are correct statements.

2 weeks of demo trading does not qualify you to say anything about forex.
You know absolutely nothing.

Therefore, the comments by [B]Tonymand [/B]and [B]ThePhoenix[/B] are correct.

I also agree with ThePhoenix that many people who are here to trade are basically unsuitable for the work because of the factors mentioned…ignorance, laziness, chasing riches, unwilling to learn properly etc.

2000 posts later and I have much to learn!! :slight_smile: :wink:

[B]I am trading myself right now, but soon I will post that incredible trading method that is so successful.[/B]

wait wait wait…
I have demo traded a lot more than 2 weeks. I said weeks because I didn’t trade for months on end. What I would do is trade for 4 weeks straight than not trade for the next 2 months and I did that a couple of times.

No, I’m not some lazy idiot trying to find the next get-rich-quick scheme nor do I quit when things get tough.
However sometimes you just have to accept when things aren’t working.

Do I think that stock trading will be easy…no! But at least I know it’s possible to make solid returns on a yearly basis, because I have seen it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m completely open to the idea of profitable Forex trading, but first show me it can be done and then i’ll follow.

@tymen1
Okay, I’m interested to see what you have…will be waiting to see your post :wink:

Hi constantijin,

Forex trading dun require you to stick to your screen all the day long. You can trade the H4, daily charts or longer timeframe charts combined with proper money management which dun require you to sit at the pc all day long. In addition use a good risk reward ratio and look for best setups to trade. If the setups are not the best, always look to protect your capital and exit at the first signs of reversal. :slight_smile:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ,but the stock market is actually harder to trade and requires far more capitol. (Everyone I’ve talked to basically said unless you have 100k to lose don’t bother) They also have all lower liquity and all sorts of rules, like no shorting on an uptick that you have to work around.

Also, yearly returns aren’t considered day trading, like most do here. It’s considered investing. A yearly return on one investment isn’t hard to do. You just have to already be rich, and have a huge investment, for it to be meaningful. By comparison successful day traders can make a rediculous armount of return. I took a $100 live account and turned it into +3K in a few months, while at the same time learning. Try and do that return with a yearly investment.

I studied trading the stock market for a couple of years, before happening upon forex, which has a much lower entrance threshhold. I never traded the stock market live because I never had 100k that wouldn’t effect my lifestyle if I lost it.

Honestly it sounds like you gave up very easily, or just might not be suited for trading.

Did you ever go live? Or did you just come to this conclusion from demo?

I have traded the stock market extensively before I came over here to forex.

Anyone can make money in the stockmarket when there is a bull market.
But right now, its a bear market with the world finacial crisis.
So forget it.

Forex can be traded profitably.
I have just completed a good trade less than 5 minutes ago.

Look at all the testimonies of the longer term traders here.
You only need to look to see the proof.

However, right now, I suggest you forget all this and get on with your studies.
I am a retired school teacher so I know about that stuff.

[B]So I warn you not to be distracted or you will end up failing your exams.[/B]

You are right. My studies have my primary focus right now.
I’m willing to try Forex trading again…perhaps in the summer holidays.

Anyway, back to your topic this is your thread after all, not mine. :rolleyes:

[B]Some more I have learnt after 2000 posts!! :[/B]

[B]Ever Wonder…[/B]

Why the sun lightens our hair,
but darkens our skin?

Why women can’t put on mascara
with their mouth closed?

Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what
they do ‘practice’?

Why is lemon juice made with
artificial flavour, and dish washing
liquid made with real lemons?

[U]Why is the man who invests all
your money called a broker?[/U]

Why is the time of day with the
slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn’t there mouse-flavoured
cat food?

Why do they sterilize the needle
for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black
box that is used on airplanes? Why
don’t they make the whole plane out
of that stuff?!

Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments
when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is
Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call
the airport the terminal?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That reminds me of the wall street saying: a broker will only make you broker :wink:

Hahhahah great post :smiley:

[B]If you have ever had trouble with your computer while trying to trade forex, here is the answer!! [/B] :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]After going through a virus attack,
losing a hard drive,
fighting off hackers,
upgrading all my software,
installing fire-walls,
Being threatened with being cut-off by my email provider,
and a host of other problems…
I have fixed my computer…
and NOW it works exactly the way I want it to![/B]

By tymen1 at 2009-05-13

[B]Hey, Tymen

I want one of those beer taps for my computer!!![/B]

So, not only could all those troubles drive you to drink, but the computer even supplies the brew…hmmm, what a good use for it…great post. Thanks.

Dollie

Right now on this forum are a whole bunch of threads that are the same as ones I have seen many times before.

There is nothing new under the sun. :slight_smile:

I have seen the best answers to all these threads before.

The best answers are usually short, sharp and sweet…
…and straight to the point!! :smiley:

that shouldnt stop anyone from asking questions no matter how stupid it may seem or how often it has been asked before…A fresh answer is as good as an old answer…Everyone is allowed to seek as they desire - and as them deem fit. How are they expect to know what has gone before - and if it has gone before there is no reason it cant go again as new person sets out on there own quest as everyone does…theres no right or wrong way for them to go about that…ITS NOT SCHOOL!!!.Using the search function is not the same as obtaining and answer from a ‘live’’ member - its about gaining knowledge…And even if they did use the search function there is no reason why they cant formulate the questions as they setout improving there forex vocabulary and knowledge…its all new to a new person…

You sound old, stale and tired…i think you should try your luck at a forum where you have people who have been around as long and longer than you and perhaps you can gain from that…try forex factory see how you get on there…your responses are repetitive here…most graduate are able to graduate from a newbie forum and start threads elsewhere amongst traders…

what is the point of your posts?

That is correct.
I was not having a go at anyone.
I was simple pointing out a fact.
[B]There is nothing new under the sun.[/B]

However, it does reveal something…

Since the answers have all been given before, the really diligent trader looking for knowledge has the opportunity to do his own research and find the answers herein.

When I see the same questions over and over again, it does to me at least, suggest a strong degree of laziness.
And laziness does not make a good trader.
Not that that worries me - we need useless traders to take their money and make it ours!! :smiley: :smiley:

try forex factory see how you get on there…your responses are repetitive here…

Forex factory is dull, dead and boring. :frowning: :frowning:
This forum is much nicer!!

what is the point of your posts?

So that you can read them!! (like now!!)

As a long term member here, and an experienced trader, I try to help people by posting straight to the point answers.
Sometimes, I may appear harsh, but really some people here need a proper kick in the bum to get them to see things correctly.
It will save them from pain in the future.

Plus I have my own pet threads, of course.

forums are about interacting and so why cant a new person to trading ask something in there own new/old/incorrect words so it is answered directly to them…that what forums are about interacting and learning epecially for a new person…they dont need to be told…oh i learnt that one two years ago what chance you got