22 percent of millennials say they have “no friends”

Furthermore, 22 percent of millennials in the poll said they had zero friends. Twenty-seven percent said they had “no close friends,” 30 percent said they have “no best friends,” and 25 percent said they have no acquaintances. (I wonder if the poll respondents have differing thoughts on what “acquaintance” means; I take it to mean “people you interact with now and then.”)

Well that’s bleak.

What about you? Do you have friends?

• I’m a millennial and I have friends
  • I’m a millennial and I have no friends
  • I’m NOT a millennial and I have friends
  • I’m NOT a millennial and I have no friends

0 voters

ever since I got into trading 2 years ago, my “friends” have disappeared LOL that’s partially because of me isolating myself to devote time to study, also some of them were fake and just didn’t want the best for me, and others were just no good to be around,had no ambition. But, I don’t feel lonely at all. My mother is my best friend now, and my main supporter throughout my journey

1 Like

Friends who have no ambition are the worst. Mainly because it’s contagious! :joy: Consider yourself lucky you have a great relationship with your mother. Not very many have that!

1 Like

she’s the best mother in the world and she’s one of the main reasons why I will succeed in forex. She’s worked her entire life, and I want to be able to travel to a bunch of countries while she’s still on this Earth. She deserves it

1 Like

That’s awesome. What’s the first country you guys want to visit? :blush:

1 Like

I feel suuuuper lucky to still have low-maintenance friendships. :smiley: Most of my friends live in the city so we rarely get to see each other, and also because of our busy schedules, we also don’t chat that much. :confused: Sure, it would be nice to always be with them, but I guess this distance just helps us realize that we’re really friends. :smiley:

Aww. They suck! :frowning: Hard to find real and authentic people these days. :confused: I feel like sometimes, people you meet online could actually be more genuine that the ones who pretend to be supporting you but are really talking behind your back! :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the best type of friendship! Consider yourself lucky too!

1 Like

Who finds a friend, finds a treasure.

and…

Who finds a treasure, seems to find right away a ton of friends… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have always preferred quality over quantity. luckily, i still am friends with 4 of my college mates and they have been there for me through thick and thin.

I have a couple of friends because I don’t need more. If you have more than 5 friends, some of them start to become someone I know and not a real friend.

hmmm, probably australia lol and then scotland, i heard it was beautiful there

oh, and JAPAN! :joy:

Yes! Tokyo is beautiful. I hope you get to go soon!

That’s rare nowadays, I know so many people who’ve lost touch with their school friends. Congrats! That’s friendship for life. :slight_smile:

:joy:

1 Like

I have a Japanese friend that kept telling me how beautiful Tokyo is.

Visiting Tokyo is on my TO DO list, for sure :slight_smile:

For sure. Hope you get to do it sooner than later!

So do I, but you know how it is with trips, there is usually always something that gets in the way and keeps delaying your travelling to-do list…

My friend is from Tokyo, but I have lost touch with him in the last years…I also want to go to Kyoto.

I am millennial and I have friends. Not to many, but I think that you can have alot of real friends. Some of them will be buddies

I do feel lucky! :blush: I hope you guys also find amazing people you get to keep as friends. :smiley:

1 Like

Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka… try all the Japanese food and explore explore explore!

Awesome! And yes, you don’t need too many friends. Just a handful can make such a big difference to your life and happiness. :slight_smile: