27" or more bigger monitor in what specification can give a better view to chart and indicators in one monitor to connect to laptop?

Hiya,

What do you think to add a monitor with bigger screen to laptop? is 27" is enough or I should look for bigger one? one big monitor is better than two medium size ones? What specification in monitor shall I consider?

Thnx

Look for a 43" UHDTV (3840 x 2160 Resolution), I use a 49" and it gives you serious screen real estate.

They work fantastic and are half the price of dedicated PC Monitors.

1 Like

Hiya,

These screens are wirdescreen 16:9/16:10. I’m looking for standard size. I have lots of indicators and need a standard size monitor 4:3 or 5:4 sizes mainly. Most TV are widescreen so Its good but not perfect as I can’t see properly all of my 7+ indicators diagrams and trend line. Any idea?

Thnx

Yes correct, mine is 16:9, also your Graphics Adapter has to be at least 2g and 4K compatible.
You can run 2 Broker Platforms side by side on 1 screen, great for watching the price and Indicator variation.

1 Like

Hiya

Maybe 32, 34, 40, 43 can be good, Also the are wide, but they have enough height. I think I can connect by HDMI as my laptop have it. I think 32 and 32 is cheapest ones as 43 inch monitor is expensive £800+. I’m not sure about 49-inch how can be useful for me, as being very big cause that I should look at it from distance, but I should keep looking at monitor of laptop as well. I think maybe 32 or 34 can be good. Any idea?
@Trendswithbenefits can you look at screen of monitor with laptop from same distance for both?

Thnx

Usually you would have the Monitor behind the Laptop with the Laptop screen folded out flat. I don’t use a Laptop at all. When I’m not trading, I’m not trading period.

I’m on another continent but my 49" (LG Panel 60hz) cost ~ £260, the 43" (LG Panel 60hz) is ~ £200.

My point is 4K UHDTV’s are half the price of Computer Monitors ie: Dell 43" same res. is £800+

I’m guessing you’re in Europe, see below both. £350

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/hisense-h43m3000-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10166089-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-40c860-smart-4k-ultra-hd-40-led-tv-10147291-pdt.html

I can have 16 charts open with crystal Indicators, candles and platform details.

I run Bots on a system with 32" Philips Monitor which is only 1900 x 1080p and looks like crap when compared with the 4K.

I sit about 1500mm (got to get a bigger desk) from the 49 with charts set to dark default.

If FX trading doesn’t send you insane, the 49 screen light default will send you blind.

1 Like

At the end of the day, several screens or even a large screen is a ‘nice to have’. It’s not going to increase the potential to become profitable.

A second hand basic laptop will perform just as well. It all comes down to how much disposable income you have and what you place more value on.

2 Likes

Hiya, I’m in UK, London.
Thnx

Hiya, i look at Curry’s shop today in London. There was only cheapest option as LG 4k 49" 2016model for £400 and other TVs was higher in price. I couldn’t find LG for 260 pounds as you mentioned also in 4K specifications.

Hi Campione, I’m on another continent, the UK appears more expensive for household electronics. Online in the UK, I couldn’t find a comparable 49" 4K. The link was to the 43" 4k’s which are both under £350. Similar price to 27"- 29" - 32" dedicated computer monitors and less than half price than you estimated initial £800.

1 Like

Hiya,

Thnx for reply. But monitor is made to look from close distance but TV is harmful to look from close. So looking so close to TV LED may cause blindness in the time but monitor not do the same. There is LG with specifications below is £400: but I don’t know its health to look at close distance or not:

Technical specifications for LG 49UH620V Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR 49" LED TV
SCREEN
Screen technology LED directlit
4K HDR Yes
Screen size 49"
Resolution 3840 x 2160
PICTURE QUALITY
Processing rate 1200 Hz
Picture enhancement UHD Mastering Engine
4K Ultra HD compatibility - H.264/AVC

• 4k Upscaling picture enhancement
  • 4k HDR
    SMART
    Smart TV services - Catch up TV: BBC iPlayer, My5
  • Streaming: Netflix 4k, Amazon Prime 4k, Spotify
  • App store: LG App Store
  • Full internet browser: webOS
    Multimedia functions Screen mirroring
    Smartphone app Yes - SmartThinQ
    CONNECTIVITY
    WiFi Built-in WiFi
    Ethernet Yes
    DLNA certified Yes
    Connections - HDMI 2.0 x 3 (ARC compatible x 1)
  • Component input x 1
  • Composite input x 1
  • USB 2.0 x 1
    Audio output Optical audio connection x 1
    TUNER
    TV tuner - Freeview Play
  • DVB-T2 Freeview HD Tuner
  • DVB-S2 Freesat HD Tuner
    Electronic programme guide 8-day EPG and 7-day catch up with Freeview Play
    AUDIO
    Speakers 2
    Audio power 10 W
    Sound enhancement ULTRA Surround
    FEATURES
    Remote control Yes
    VESA wall mount dimensions 300 x 300
    Table-top stand Yes
    Other features - Sleep timer
  • Parental lock
    ENERGY CONSUMPTION
    Energy efficiency class A+
    On-mode power consumption 63 W
    Annual power consumption 92 kWh
    GENERAL
    Colour Black
    Internal menu languages 34 languages
    Box contents - LG 49UH620V Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" LED TV
  • Standard remote
  • AC power cable
  • Batteries (AAA)
    Dimensions - Unboxed: 657 x 1108 x 81.5 mm (H x W x D)
  • Unboxed with stand: 707 x 1108 x 207.4 mm (H x W x D)
  • Boxed: 775 x 1197 x 162 mm (H x W x D)
    Weight - Unboxed: 11.7 kg
  • Unboxed with stand: 13.5 kg
  • Boxed: 21 kg
    Guarantee 1 year
1 Like

Try looking for brands like HiSense, Sonic or any other cheaper brand that uses either a Samsung or LG Panel technology. These maybe a cheaper option in the UK, poorer TV menu systems but still a great picture.

When your in the shop stand at a distance that you will view it at home, this will give you the best representation.
Looks the same spec as mine, just need to check it’s 60hz so you don’t get jittery mouse movement (30hz or less)
Just make sure you set your chart software to a black/dark background, white /coloured text etc. Your eyes will thank you.
UHDTV’s have so many features it will take a bit to get your profiles setup, I find with the LG Panel that the -soft- profile is best for web browsing and -user defined- for nice dark black charts with visible grids. Make sure you Computer Graphics card can push a 4K screen and always use a HDMI 2.0 cable for 4K. (The LG also has a VGA Port as standard). Set it up 1500mm (min) - 2500mm away. You will be surprised how sharp the image is. Makes price action much easier to define across a larger time frame on a lot more charts, Or your can research/educate on a browser one side and have trade software running on the other.

The main thing is value for money in screen real estate. And if you ever get out of trading the investment is not wasted you score an extra UHDTV. win win.

1 Like

I’m looking for 43" now, I have find some 4K Monitor/TV with 4k @60Htz with HDMI, but I heard some had screen burn in/ image burn in, ghost image, image retention that people complained about. But does this affect with FX trading as well?

Thnxx

Is this for real? You do realise the size of ones screen has absolutely no correlation to your success rate?

Unless your visually impaired

1 Like

Do you mean is the monitor affected by your trading chart software and the charts sitting up there for hours? Or do you mean is your trading affected by being visually impaired, because your monitor has display issues?

I wouldn’t worry about your charts causing issues for your monitor.

Try Tesco, Asda, or Lidl. Some very good deals on TV’s if you don’t want a big brand name

https://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-mobile/large-screen-tvs-39-to-49/cat28240010.cat?icid=tnav_tl-tegm_fol1-tvhomecinema_fol2-largescreentvs39to49

1 Like

most professional traders using 8 mid size monitor as perfection. so 40+ monitor is just covering half the requirements as professionals advised. My charts is very detailed so I need to see them properly. My vision is excellent!

thnxx

hiya,

I didn’t really catch what you mean?

thnxx