$30 into $500 Is it achievable

Thanks for your optimism. Are you on any social media? I’ll like to reach and talk personally.

1 Like

I am no longer on Facebook but I am still on Twitter (occasionally). I am not sure that I have anything of value to share with you that could not be shared publicly… Is is something specific? I have my own struggles with trading…

Life is self fulfilling.

If you believe you can do something, you will do it.

If you believe it is not possible, then for you it is not possible

It all depends on what you can believe.

The naysayers are actually correct. because that is their belief, and they can prove and justify their belief.

The believer also is correct… and he/she will prove their belief to be a truth.

4 Likes

never mind?

It is realistic. Once you are desciplined enough to manage your lot size effectively[money management] from the start, give yourself a daily target profit and as your account doubles, you double your lot size to fit the new balance.
Eg. I moved an account from $197 to "$680 in 32days using this strategy. EG. for a $100 account, my daily target is $5. When I make more, it covers for days when I don’t. Lot 0.1 total of 3 to 5 trades per time[0.3-0.5lot size] 30 - 50pips TP or SL. And I still to major currency pairs.

3 Likes

If you want to do anything in life, odds will be against you. If you want to be an entrepreneur you have to know that 95% of new companies go bankrupt in the first few years, if you want to play professional sports you will have around 98% rate of failure. Forex is no different, everyone wants to do it but just a small group of people will succeed.

Petru

3 Likes

Is it me or is there a new version of this question that pops up every couple or so months lol

3 Likes

But I guess if you went to a bank for a business loan to open a shop and asked for $30 with the idea that this would be your investment in the business in order to grow it, how do you think you would be seen?

What I am trying to say is that it is not enough to have a dream if you do not have good planning, which also involves sufficient capital to give a business a fair chance to survive, especially at the beginning.

1 Like

@purtle

No, it is not you, it is a frequently asked question.

Something about forex attracts this kind of pipe dream…

It’s good that there’s something that lures folks in but man are people going to be disappointed once they learn how much time and effort it really takes.

1 Like

I agree. Trading with 30 dollars is a joke. But if you are a beginner this could be a start (moving from demo to real).

I think most retails don’t take trading seriously anyway, they have a job, family, kids, responsibilities. I think for most of them it is impossible to actually understand how financial markets work and how they can make money from them. Education takes time.

Petru

2 Likes

One thing is for sure: in most things in life, the more time you invest in something the better you get at it; with trading financial instruments, there is no such linear progression where more time equals more profits…

So for many people they just end banging their head against the wall… A lot of reasonably intelligent people, including some from a finance background, cannot do this trading thing: it is not as easy as it first appears. What’s more, if you are not taught properly your journey can take seemingly forever.

This is why anyone who has tried learning a musical instrument by themselves knows that paying someone to show them how it is done will shorten that learning curve quite a bit, and also save them getting into bad habits early.

Trading financial instruments with no training, and no money, and with very little time, is really, really, really, really hard, punishing, unrewarding, thankless. Only few people will.persevere, year after year, until either they too stop or they find the key.

I hope this won’t sound too pessimistic!

2 Likes

That is exactly what i love about trading. It is a journey, you have to discover and understand things just by yourself.

You are pessimistic but you are right. Trading is hard and out there you won’t find any good training, just scams made by losers. You have to understand how it works just by yourself, no one will explain it to you.

Some people will always look for gurus, some people will try to understand how financial markets work, some people will just say trading is gambling. But if you are smart enough and perseverent i think you have many chances to succeed.

Petru

2 Likes

Agreed 110% @Petru00

@krugman25, Ahhh… yes… another of the my way or no way crowd here at BP…

It can be done… it has been done (more than once) and no doubt will be done again…

I’m amazed by the utter arrogance of some Traders in these forums who should know better…

It’s more productive for a Newbie to drop $200 into a Live account (After substantial demoing) and have and attempt to trade 0.01/0.05 positions to learn trade psychology and application etc… and more than likely blow it than plonk down their $50,000 inheritance from Grandma and blow $25,000 succumbing to the same fate…

1 Like

I don’t beat around the bush with the building blocks, A,B,C,1,2,3’s of trading. When a newbie says their goal is making x-thousands of percent returns in a couple months, they will fail. They have already failed.

There is a disturbingly large number of posts that pose this question, going back to the beginning of BP. Most of those users never make it to half a dozen posts. I wonder why?

This quote by me from another thread pretty much sums it up

I’m not trying to win brownie points here, just trying to help people avoid making poor decisions or avoid exacerbating already bad situations.

4 Likes

So am I, you don’t see me going from thread to thread bashing new members for the sake of it… if I don’t agree with what they have to say I read on through… or if it looks as though they are making a fatal mistake I may PM them rather than berate and belittle them in the thread like a select few members love to do…simple.

I have posted many, many simple strategies for newbies to trial… posted real trading results to see what can be achieved with perseverance.

Hence my start small and see how you go mantra… I would imagine that 70% of the supposably 90%+ that fail in this venture find it too hard at this point and toss in the towel…

1 Like

If what I said saves the OP his 30 dollars I am sure he will thank me later.

What you call a bash I call a reality check. Also, it’s not really a bash if I offer a genuine alternative right?

. If you want to learn how to actually trade, then forget about profits and start studying how the markets work.

Is there anything else I can give you closure on? :hugs:

1 Like

Maybe… but I’m not too worried about his $30… even if he blows his $30 three times over…

I don’t want to see him/her let loose with $5k plus… or any other possible life changing amount…

Give me closure??.. There’s that arrogance again…

No, it’s sarcasm. I am honored though that you are spending so much energy on little ol’ me.

In any case, I feel better now that we have had this talk. I hope you do as well.