30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hi WRTM for some time now i have been studying the TMB pattern on this tread i ve even seen the utube and i have been trading it though not too often. History shows u traded along with Goedawg, Sweetpips, TMB to mention but a few. I want to know is this pattern really working for u? What do you advice is it still as valid as it was?:confused:

Sure theyā€™re valid, harmonic patterns are a fact and they repet over and over, just like candlesticks patterns and other kind of patterns.

Iā€™ve become ā€˜selectiveā€™ (to say it in some way) about the patterns I trade, but thatā€™s just because you apply the techniques learned to your personal style, so if you like them, study them more and find your style.

That is my advice, hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Modo,

Can you help to post the link?

ALTO

The youtube videos are gold for those just starting out in forex. I loved them.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

[QUOTE=ALTOFX;172392]Modo,

Can you help to post the link?

Embedded in the last post of page 3 on this thread.

For all the newcomers, I know itā€™s a pain in the rear, but thereā€™s some VERY good info to be gleaned by taking the time to read through this thread.

Even just seeing the patterns over and over gets you a little more acclimated to finding them on your own. Take the time, pace yourself, and build a solid understanding on how the Gartley/Butterfly trades work.

Another suggestion thatā€™s definitely worth heeding that you might miss if you jump around is taking a look at Trade What You See by Larry Pensavento. Very valuable when you inevitably start to wonder why this pattern works.

Modo,

Thx lot ,learning lot from this thread and your postingsā€¦Excellent!

-ALTOFX

GBP/USD 30min

I hope I did it correctly. :smiley:

Go to the top of the class.

Now you know how to draw them, try to be selective with which pattens you take cosidering the longer term trend, support resistance, trendlines, time of day etc.

All the best,
Modo.

Probably an example of a pattern you should not take given the daily trend, but iā€™ll leave that for you to decide.

modo, thank you for the reply. whatā€™s your spread for kiwi?

was watching GBP/USD all day, was somehow blind (wishing) that it will hit, but it didnā€™tā€¦ and this good trade that followed it, slipped my sight :mad:

lesson for the day:

• acceptance of a failed pattern
  • an open mind to a possible new pattern formingā€¦ geez!

was reading this loooong thread all dayā€¦ iā€™m at page 40 (24 pages to go! yay!)

now for fyi, 2nd fib from BC (move to to CD) 100% converged at XA 100% fib.

oh well. done for the day.

EDIT:
fake out of my first image (post #2530) occured during TMBā€™s ā€œfake out hoursā€

I also tried reading this thread ā€¦ fully ā€¦ till I read about 80 pages and I fell asleep and missed out on two very promising trades. This forum is addictive.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

The two giant red candles along the CD leg would make me hesitate before entering that at the 1.272 fib, Iā€™d definitely wait and watch price action right around the fib, and if I did enter, Iā€™d have some really tight stops set.

If price did blow past the 1.272 fib, there could be another possible entry right around the 1.618 fib there, but again, Iā€™d watch price action, and if price action didnā€™t look very good, Iā€™d probably ignore the trade, or set some really tight stops.

Aarnog,

I agree the large range bearish candles into D were a concern. There was also a break of support. However, you canā€™t see it on the h4 but I had a 5 wave count in the CD leg (see the h1). I also thought D might complete an ABC correction to impulse wave from XA, but I am no EW expert, so this could be totally wrong.

Anyway, my stop was the next fib+4 or 30 pips, and my limit .236XA or 52 pips (not great, but ok RR). Given all this I did rest a limit at 68 but it never got filled, so no trades for me yesterday.

Interestingly, this projection may support the argument for further dollar weakness.

correction, my limit .236AD, not .236XA.

[QUOTE=beehjae;172961]modo, thank you for the reply. whatā€™s your spread for kiwi?

depends on liquidity, but ranges from 1 pip (london session) to the moon (pre data)

now 1.9-2.6 pips during asia.

I see, what broker? :slight_smile:
How about the other majors?

[quote=ā€œbeehjae,post:2560,topic:21540ā€]

FXCM, but i pay comm and get slightly better spreads. I am happy to pay commission in the name of transparency.

Honestly though, I feel too much attention is given to spreads (not having a go at you here). Sure, they are critical for high frequency traders, but this system is hardly high frequency. I feel time spent scouring for the best spreads would be better spent optimising stops or limits etc. Itā€™s similar to the disproportionate amount of time devoted to entries in relation to exits, money management, and psycology.

Anyway, thatā€™s my rant for the day, here are my current spreads.

commission? hmmmā€¦ like TMB? active trader type of account?

modo, in fact, i do agree with the disproportionality youā€™re trying to point out.

I gotta be honest with you, I havenā€™t found the suitable style of trading for me. It has been roughly more than 4 months (1 month december 2008, 3 months august to october 2009, and now feb 2010), and trading hasnā€™t fallen into place as I see it should be for me. I wish I could be like TMBā€¦ but I donā€™t see myself getting that state anytime soon.

my bestfriend introduced me to forex and now, heā€™s gone, gave it up I think. I feel left in the wilderness, somehow to continue on my own.

so just to get back to why I did ask about spreads, probably a noob question to ask? :o

now on page 47 of this thread (40 posts per page) :smiley:

beejae,

good on you for perservering. i think after 40 pages you should have the tools you need to get your hands dirty, and there may not be much marginal utility in finishing the rest of the thread. finding your own patterns now may be time better spent.

good luck finding your own path. i am on the same quest and still far from my goal, but the journey is the fun part.

modo