30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hey Dan89 and racerdude777,

Just to let you know, what cashDemoN is talking about sounds a lot like Carney’s ‘BAMM Theory’, which Carney introduces in his third book, ‘Harmonic Trading Vol 2’.
It’s a possible play to take a long position on a bearish pattern when price moves past the B point. Of course you don’t know if price will continue to complete the pattern, where you would exit your long position and enter a short position, but you can’t be sure of anything in trading :slight_smile: All you can do is take the highest probability trades and minimize your risk.
Carney named his theory ‘BAMM’, which is an acronym for ‘Bat Action Magnet Move’. What Carney noticed was that price seems to be drawn to the PRZ (like a magnet pulling on it) once it passed the B point. Price should head decisively towards the PRZ, and any hesitation or stalling in price action would be a signal to exit the trade.
Carney states, and I quote, ‘Regardless of the pattern, the price action frequently was drawn to the distinct harmonic zone. In my opinion, this technical phenomenon was defined by the relative structure of the overall price action as it entered the final CD leg of the pattern’.
The only examples he gives in his book depict Bat patterns, which he favours over Gartley patterns for this type of trade because the Bat pattern accommodates a wider range between the B point and the PRZ, as opposed to the equivalent but smaller range produced by the Gartley.
Both the Bat and the Gartley have a PRZ within the confines of the pattern, ie they do not exceed the X point, which remains the etreme point of the pattern, and maybe this is why Carney favours the Bat for this trade over the other patterns. I don’t know, he doesn’t elaborate on that issue. The impression I get is that if you are going to take these trades, the best potential lies in a B point that is 0.5 XA or less, with a target of .0886 XA.

I think it’s worth keeping an eye on. Let me know if or what you observe regarding this ‘BAMM Theory’.

Hey The Pleiadian. Just wondering what your pip count was last week. Seemed to have some good moves during the chat

I netted around 260ish pips last week :slight_smile:
I’m not out to make record breaking trades every trade I make. I learned a long time ago that a profit is a profit, no matter how small it is. I’m well aware that Rome was not built in a day. If you can average 100 pips a week for a year, under the right money management plan you can become a rather wealthy person :slight_smile:

Hi. I just started trading about 2 weeks ago on a practice account. I saw a post that you have a chat room where you discuss trading. May I join the chat room because I want to communicate with other traders and get more experience and tips from others.

Howdy folks,

Here’s one I found last week… still in play depending on your risk profile.

Good convergence of fibs and prior S/R.

I would also like to echo The Pleiadian’s sentiments and urge you to really think about what it is you’re asking?

What is the root of the question?
What will the answer provide you? And is that something you can really ‘get’?

Just, some deep, cryptic questions to start off the week, lol…:rolleyes:

Hey my friend,

BAMM BAMM indeed lol…

I’m not up to this book yet, but I’ve heard it mentioned and the idea definitely has merit.

I know of at least one group of people who not only trade the harmonic patterns themselves, but “inside” them like Carney’s theory suggests. As far as I’m aware, they use a combination of simple S/R with trendlines and one indicator for divergence.

For now though, I’m still fine tuning some aspects of the ‘big stuff’ to concern myself with that. Besides, just these setups themselves are enough to make my universe, and are probably enough to keep most traders occupied depending on how many timeframes/pairs are scanned. :slight_smile:

Hey inspira,

Bood point. There’s no sense in trying to do too much at once. One small step at a time :slight_smile:
Btw, love your cryptic start to the week lol.

Hi guys! Is this correct?

The 1.000 CD convergence would of worked well. Next one would be 1.618 (25 pip convergence not so bad on daily chart in my opinion). Next one would be Butterfly … way up there though lol.

Hi there beta3

This is what I’m seeing at the moment. While I have marked two possible PRZs (orange boxes), technically the bottom PRZ is the one to focus on.

Thank you The Pleiadian

Nice bearish butterfly forming on EURUSD. Could be a correction.

i hope i uploaded it correctly this time

this is what i did mean few posts back…still testing…
please comment…

By radofx at 2010-09-21

By radofx at 2010-09-21

By radofx at 2010-09-21

Hey All

Here is a pattern on the AUDCAD Weekly chart that is close to convergence. Taking a look at the monthly chart shows this price has been tested quite a bit over the past ten years lending this price point to be a strong horizontal line of resistance. Let me know what you think

racer

Take a look, each of these are supported by some type of L/R on higher TF charts.

By radofx at 2010-09-22

another one im in to

nice one on nzd/usd Racer DUde …i didnt see it earlier…cheers…i took it at lower convergence lvl 0,886 XA…we will see…cheers

By radofx at 2010-09-22

im in 4 trades now…acc is on the limit of breaking rules:eek:

Hey there cashDemoN

You may want to keep an eye on this possibility.