30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I notice that this week’s trading would have done much better if I had simply used a 20 pips SL, instead of my usual 10-15…

I stopped out in this trade by a couple of pips (blue circle), and didn’t take the other trade (green circle)…as I was losing too many trades…

Next week, I will do both CD and D trades…as well as NYO trades…

The results should be good I’m thinking…if not…I may consider… …

Is there any way to make it draw past patterns? I changed the ExtPoint past 5 as it said in directions, but still nothing. Do you have to leave MT4 with this running until it comes across a pattern? So if referenced from an back tested EA, this will find past patterns?

I think in backtesting it will draw past patterns. You need to leave MT4 running until a pattern come across. You can also check the ZUP indicator. It is a little ugly but some people said that is better. You can find it in google searching zup indicator.

I was looking again the thread from the begining, and notice something interesting, that could explain why sometimes the patterns I detect are not pretty good.

First of all, X need to be extreme point, and sometimes I was forcing a pattern that has not extreme X, with bad results. I changed my mind and start looking patterns with more extreme point X. That is, the X-A leg must be big enough, and an objective way to say that is big enough is saying that is 5 ATR length at least.

Also the point X must be a high/low of a swing, and an extreme point, I’m checking that looking for the move that precedes the X, if the previous move goes to 50% of the current X-A (at least) then that swing is valid and the X is valid. With this changes I found patterns more symmetric and with more potential.

The second thing I was observing is the way to find confluences. I think I was doing something weird while looking for them, but after observing the charts I found that the main ratio is the XA-D. And the BC-D fibonacci levels must confluence with the XA-D, so if the projected XA-D is 0.786 and the valid ratios for BC-D are 1.272, 1.500 and 1.618 the resulting value for them must be near enough, if possible to merge the two levels, so if the BC-D is 1.272 and merges almost exactly with the 0.786, then that is the confluence, and the best price to place the entry order.

Anyone seen the pattern on the AUD/USD weekly??

Sweet convergance at the .786 XA.

A reversal is due in my opinion. Lots of factors lining up at the moment.

Target 1.0350.

This gartley was triggered on feb 3, and the price was since around the area, but the entry close bar (daily and weekly) did not respect the entry rule so it may fakeout. I am not say you cannnot get some pips by shorting, but it is a warning signal that it may not go down that much before go up further. Only my 2 pips. Good luck! :slight_smile:

What do you think about this Gartley? Does it seems to be valid? Do you are trading it? if if is not valid, why? thanks :slight_smile:

That one is a tough call, your convergence is not that great. Notice a couple of things about the pattern, The BC- is a few number of bars. That would imply that D is not going to be formed at a 100% CD. If you do however move your x point to the next minor swing low, you see a lot better convergence and the convergence points become butterfly patterns. If you would have placed your entry at 127.2 of CD, you would have been able to grab 30% off AD easily with a nice entry.

Since the X point is minor and there are no other completing patterns around those points, I would suggest not expecting a reversal but some resistance at those points, 127.2, 161.8, and 200 CD all look like good trade points with the X point. That said you should be modest about your targets as I believe it will continue its trend downward.

The only reason I would trade the later swing low as an X point, is because of the good convergence. The fact that the 127.2 convergence obeyed the pattern, would also give me more confidence in the future convergence points.

Actually, now that I look at it more closely, I also see that your original x point produces 4 pips convergence at 161.8%. Which is not great, but decent. Remember smaller tf’s need better convergence. That said, the fact that two different X points make the 161.8% a decent convergence point, I would say that is a very good trade opportunity.

Well… the pattern failed, it has extended the downtrend and it is almost 127XAD. I think that because the problem on BC, the pattern was a little invalid.

Wow! you was your first comment. The pattern morphed to a butterfly.

What about this other gartley? It seems to confluence at XAD%88.6 and 161.8%BCD, and at that point the AB=CD is almost done.

This is the result of this trade, a winner trade :slight_smile:

USD/CHF 4 hr chart, XA .886 = CD 1.272, two pip convergence.

Here is another bearish gartley, with near perfect confluence of 78.6%XAD and 150%BCD and at the same place the AB=CD is completed. This one was traded because I entered the trade previously to the confluence (about 3.5 pips) but what happens if the price don’t touch the confluence point? do you enter? or pass the trade and wait another one?

Oh yeah, it is responding just in the confluence, lets see what happens after that.

I found in the thread that TMB calculate the confluence points at one of the XAD and BCD or an extension of the projected CD. For Gartley, where AB=CD, the CD point should be 100%AB.

I added this to my knowledge and started calculating the confluence points better (I think!)

I’m going to continue testing if I’m doing the things OK :slight_smile: I will post possible patterns here, to see if you agree with me :slight_smile:

I’m taking a C to D here…and a D at 8320 for 30 pips.

[B]Update on CD trade: [/B]SL set to BE+1…going to sleep…and let’s see how it all plays out.

May I ask you why you use 4H timeframe instead of 1H, day, or another one?

TMB and all,

I greatly appreciate the discipline and attitude you have contribute to this thread. I have go through almost 500 pages and I still could not figure this out myself.

Through out the thread, TMB mention that, he never use more than 10% (around 5% to 10%) of his margin for any single trade. And on theory is making 50-100% per week.

Assume he were able to make 30 pips every single day (theoretically).

I tried to do it on the spreadsheet and I cannot come close to 50% return per week. Would anyone kindly explain this to me?

This is what I have done, using EUR/USD = 1.3333, starting balance $5000.
For 30 pips, ($5000 *10% margin) * (50 leverage) /1.3333 * (0.0001/1.3333 * 30 pips) = about $42

5 days/week = about $170 profits. that is about 3.4 % return per week.

What did I do wrong, what is the calculation to make 50% - 100% per week?

Thank you very much.

Hey Medisoft…

I look at all time frames…

From 1 min to 1 month…just happens to be this today/now…

(I do prefer 4 HR for some reason…I don’t know why yet)

5%-10% is the risk, or amount you’ll lose in a trade, not the amount of the position…

It’s all based on your Stop Loss… Position Size Calculator, Forex Position Size Calculator