30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Do you have a myfxbook? It’s free and tracks all your trades/statistics…

TMB! Please add me to your contacts…I bought EUR\USD this morning at 1.3280 for hopeful 30 pips…we’ll see…what do you think?

…EDIT…TP HIT!!! YAHOO!!! DONE FOR THE DAY!

I would say eur/gbp is a good buy, Gartley at 100% CD at .8301

Today I finished 3 trades. The amazing profit of 28 % of my account, that was wonderful. Two targets at 61.8CD were touched, and other worked with the trailing stop. About 255 pips!

On UJ you can see that there are two failed trades previous the winning trade. The winning trade offsetted the losers pretty good, and with the other pairs wins, the result was amazing for a single trading day :slight_smile:

I also see this pattern, but because the time is less than AB=CD I didn’t trade it.

The price seems to be retracing from the 223.6BCD level.

The 100AB=CD(time) is on the next fibonacci time series level. Also at this time is the TMB’s false breakout time. But there is a nice pinbar candle forming at the daily support 2. I will wait until it is closed to see what happens.

I’m looking for this deep crab on NZDUSD 4h

Did anybody catch this possible butterfly pattern in the NZD/USD?

Update: I guess I did something right! Price reacted very violently right where I put my initial entry order.

Thank you so much TmoneyBags for this thread! It has truley been an inspiration! I’m really looking forward to your website!

Congrats on the nice NZD trade. Im looking at it on 30 min chart. From my experience, it would be wise to take profit on that trade. Many things lead to that conclusion.

1. The price respected the 200%CD, but the just blew past it which implies true D is at great extension.
  2. The price never really tested that area for two long, in fact the close was way below the convergence point. From my experience before I have found that when that happens price will tend to retest that area again.

Of course you could be missing a big move downwards, but many times I have enter NZD trades 2 times at a convergence point after bagging 20 pips, then letting one go for a bigger score! Price simply wants to give that area a good test. If no other “external events” such as news catalyst a price move, I would expect price to creep back up there.

I took your advice and closed at about 15 pips profit. It ended up going back down, but better safe than sorry.

Why the 16k deposit in March 14 - April 1 period?

Found another gartly on the Fiber! It worked out pretty well. I suppose I should have set up my entry at .886, but the .786 looked like it had better convergence. Unfortunantly I somehow managed to mess up my take profit levels so I only grabbed 20 pips… It would have been 30 if I didn’t screw that up :cool:

For all the Newbies who are just viewing this thread, don’t give up. It gets easier with practice!

Hey sorry about the nzd, but that is the way it goes sometimes. I believe it was the comments from RBA with “dovish” comments about aud that pushed the nzd downward after you exited.

Your pattern there is not a valid pattern. CD must be a minimum of 100% of AD, or it is not a valid pattern. If you placed a trade there you would probably be pretty sorry. This is because all patterns are based of and AB=xCD pattern.

It gets easier with practice.

Oh, Haha. Totally forgot about that bit… Lucked out today… But I definitly don’t want to be basing my trades on luck. I’m Going to bold that bit in my rulebook so I don’t screw up again. Thanks!

HEY JOLLYGF,I was watching that too, but it wasn’t 100%, I had a much higher target, which with other later lines, looks ok, but right now, watching for buy at about 1.3277, about the same as I traded yesterday…this keeps hitting the lines, too.

EDIT: GLAD I DIDN’T TRADE THAT…minutes (notes) released from the Fed’s meeting…I was using shorter, recent levels… now looking at 1.3165 eur\usd buy

The one time I don’t check my AUD/USD tab… I had this set up last night and totally forgot about it!

JUST thinking about this pattern, and want to ask you other guys…if you put this on a 15 min or so time frame, there is a ABC just after the bottom of the swing at the 2nd and 3rd 30 min candles, and if you use these it’s a long C-D extension, but I think it’s valid, but it’s also a smaller time frame…asking if switching the time frame is too risky, or does the BC leg hide in a 30 min candle sometimes?

A few notes, i dunno what an abc is. But I believe you are talking about the BC Leg, which is integral to the AB=xCD pattern. However, this starts with an X point, to form XABCD.

If you want to learn these patterns, get this book.
Amazon.com: Trade What You See: How To Profit from Pattern Recognition (Wiley Trading) (9780470106761): Larry Pesavento, Leslie Jouflas: Books

It not just explains the patterns, but explains how and why they work.

Yes you can many times find a 15 min BC retracement “hidden” in a 30/1hr candle. But remember BC should always be at least 3 bars length, and when BC is relatively short in # of bars, relative to AB & CD, it implies CD is going to be much past extension of 100% (127, 161, 200…).

However forcing patterns to show up on smaller time frames is a lost cause in my opinion. These are most successful when they are defined waves and on more major time frames. This is because other traders are looking at same the same things. And the key to success as is a trader is to be ability to stand alone from the group mentality and predict the groups behavior.

There are plenty of major patterns forming everyday. However once you realize that you can make incredible returns very very consistently you will realize that there is not need to be trading every pattern coming along. You have got to realize that with these patterns your success can be increased up to the 90% range simply by sitting out and waiting for the conditions to stack the deck more in your favor. Why trade patterns with 70% success rate when you could be waiting for 90% trades. You could take one trade a day or week or month or year and be living the dream of financial freedom.

I found a decent looking trade setup in the EUR/JPY

Since it passed the X point it is considered a Butterfly right?

Also… Right now it looks like there is a Fairly solid Bullish Gartly for the EUR/USD

Thanks Guys!

Update: The last trade failed. Went up about 15 pips and ended up stopping me out… Good thing I had a 10 pip trailing stop!

I guess that’s what happens sometimes when you want to hurry into a trade that looks good.

Not sure about this, JGF, but my x is the next lower extreme and it converges perfectly with the next lower CD fib 1.618 with XA 0.886 at about 1.31637 on your eur/used setup…if it gets there I’ll probably buy.

P.S. thanks for the advice, DP…I have already bought and read the book…right, the BC leg.