30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

The only way i know (taught in this thread) how to predict the time when price will hit a level is when a trend line like the one i drew up (drawn between the daily 8 MVA and 20 MVA crossing) crosses the convergence. Look a few pages back. [B]Themoneybags[/B] has reposted his earlier post showing just that. Take a look and try it for yourself.

In this case (EURJPY) it crosses the divergence at approx 11am tomorrow.

Yeah, itā€™s a big move. Only time will tell. :wink:

Do you mean .618 retracement/.382 retracement of XA or AD or which segment?

Thanks, I learned something news here :). I will try to find that page, could you give me a hint on who explain it, so I can find it easier?

Thank you, this was very useful.

Does this short term 4Hour analysis of the EJ hold up with the longer 1H one above?

There is convergence at the 127/38.2 and 161.8/50 levels and the wicks and bodies are respecting both. However if I had played the 127, Iā€™d have gotten stopped out easy. Could it still go down to the 161.7 point?

Here is EURJPY on 1 hours. I found multiple convergent at the dark circle. Is this a good buy at D right at that dark circle? Look like the time is at around 3 PM tomorrow.

There is 2 D converge, and 2 trend line from 4 hours converge together.

Iā€™ve been looking at this thread for a while and have learned quite a bit.
There is a pattern forming in the AUD/USD H1 with convergence at .786 and 2.000

Looks good

Yep. Seeing where it takes us.

I can see some of your additional signals that you use, but will you list the signals you use in addition to the d point?

Shonick, what is your buy target for the EJ?

I have 117.13 on the 4H, but I believe yours is a bit lower.

Can you find the pattern that the EJ, UJ, NJ, plus other yen pairs have just triggered? :33:

Gotta admit that I donā€™t see anything convincing. I see the EJ has bounced from 88.6% of XA that converges with 1.618 ABC, so then I guess itā€™s a Gartley but not sure about this one at all. Help a guy out here :slight_smile:

Correct, it can also be the 1.0 of XA if you use the bottom of the MVA curve on the hourly ;). It already completed 30+ pips but if the 4 hour reflects a bullish close from this then it will be the spark of the continued uptrend a close bellow would push price towards the previous low. There are more patternsā€¦ just open your eyes and broaden your perspective :slight_smile:

ā€¦the fog is lifting a little more every day. Keeping the big picture in mind has done my account good, very good. Stress-free trading like this is the best, anticipating a reaction from a level vs. reacting to price.

Thanks for the continued insight TMB.

I set to buy at 117.100 and take profit at 117.42. Just 30 pips :slight_smile:

Nicely done! I didnā€™t place an order. I am literally on week 3 of my Forex training and havenā€™t quite got around to learning those buttons yet. :slight_smile:

I see two Bearish Gartleys on the EJ 30Minute. I am using the wick to wick method and not TMBs moving average because these are short term graphs. Not sure if this is right, and also not sure how to time a D. However, I do see a very good convergence at the 100 of the CD at 118.6, and multiple convergence at the 118.9 which also happens to lie on a 61.8. Do these look valid to you guys?

Maybe it is not connected with the harmonic trading topic but I think a head and shoulders formation is visible on the hourly chart of EJ. If the neck line is broken we may expect to catch quite some pips on a long position. Donā€™t know if Iā€™m right though :slight_smile:

Both look really good to me. Both can work out. I drew the first pattern like you (but from the 8 MVA instead) of the highest extreme X and got the best convergence at 0.500 level. When i drew the second pattern with X at the spike of price in the middle i too got the best convergence at the 0.500 level. As we know this pair likes to respect that level so hard to say which trade will work out, or maybe even bothā€¦ To be honest i have no idea which one to choose but since the first pattern is drawn from a bigger extreme in price it maybe automatically is the more valid pattern?! :31:

Not far at the momentā€¦ :frowning:

Looks like we will have to throw this one over board. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess this one is the NJ that hit?

Thatā€™s some beautiful symmetry, and perfect convergence with the XA drawn from the MVA. Iā€™m not very clear on when to switch from the wick to the MVA for the X, but on this timescale I can see it works out empirically.

Before I saw that, I was drawing my own lines, and it seemed like I had found a much lower target. Thereā€™s much less symmetry, but multiple points of convergence. Could this still be a Gartley or Butterfly in that circle? (actually thereā€™s multiple convergence on the 50 line as well, which is where the earlier Gartley showed up)

One more Bearish Gartley on the EA. Actually, itā€™s not, the CD is not yet 100% of AB, but I am curious to see what happens with all the convergence on the target. There is very strong convergence at the 100% of the longer XA though, so that may be a true Gartley.