30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Diablo and defiance,

I think this one should be correct already. This is the perfect Cypher right? ( I hope it is correct )

Just concentrate on Gartleys and bats first is my suggestion. Once you have gotten to grips with them if you want you can move onto other patterns. Yes, I agree than trying to learn too much patterns all at once can be counterproductive.

I have drawn in the correct C point in yellow. But be aware, If I saw an X, A, and B and C like the one here i wouldnā€™t trade it ā€¦as it looks very irregular and atypical. considering how far apart X and A and B are, I would really expect C to be further from B.

Iā€™ll let our very own Cypher King Diablo answer that lol

The C is not touching the 127.2 level yet. Iā€™d trade this one with caution.

Haha! :slight_smile:

Well shane, i think you found a by-the-book cypher pattern, good job.

BUT i also agree with shonick. The C point does not reach all the way to the 1.272 extension of XA. Even if itā€™s like in this case just a pip or two this can make a big difference if it works out or not. In this case it worked out and the pattern is picture perfect. Price just hit the 0.786 retracement of X to C and took of. Both TP1 and TP2 would have been hit if you had placed them on the 0.382 and 0.618 retracement of CD on this trade for example.

Good eye shane, keep it up. :slight_smile:

Finally get one correct. I will keep on practicing to find more patterns. One more thing, the pattern not always appear right?

Hey guys, for your info we have some nice stuff going on on the EURGBP 15 min.

A bat pattern just completed nicely and there is a possible cypher setting up. The D point of the possible cypher is at a nice support level looking at the structure to the left. :wink:

I do not understand your question shane. There are both bullish and bearish cypher patterns if that is what you mean. Just turn it around for a bearish pattern. :wink:

[QUOTE=Diablo1505;474432]Hey guys, for your info we have some nice stuff going on on the EURGBP 15 min.

A bat pattern just completed nicely and there is a possible cypher setting up. The D point of the possible cypher is at a nice support level looking at the structure to the left. :wink:

So D, are you trading the C to D? Then once D has been hit, trade to T1 and T2?

In your bat pattern I cant see enough points.
every pattern should have 5 distinct points [X,A,B,C,D]. I can only see 4 on your bat pattern or am I missing something?

Must be the bad quality of the screenshot. I will upload better ones later today, iā€™m on my phone at the moment.

In this screenshot iā€™ve made the lines bigger. But now since price has pushed higher we have to look for a new setup so this is no longer valid.

I did not trade on friday last week and i am not trading today. There are major easter holidays in most of europe and the market is behaving like that so iā€™ll wait for tomorrow before starting to trade again.

But if i would have traded those patterns i would have waited for price to reach D on the bat and go short. If price then would have pushed down to the D of the cypher i would have gone long. But i would have had my normal take profit points on the bat (38,2% and 61,8%) since i do not trade C to D. Maybe in the future i will add aggressive C to D trades but not at the moment.

Well, what you want to to in this case is to look out for a new trading oportunity. And in this case another one is just around the corner. We have another possible cypher setting up just after the first setup got invalidated.

Iā€™ve adjusted my pattern and you would have to adjust your take profit points to the new pattern. If price pushes down now and does not go past the C, the D point is still in the area of interest since we have a support level there. Stops would remain at the same place since X has not changed.

Sorry for my bad english. No I mean, those harmonic pattern will appear everyday?

No problem. :slight_smile:

These patterns appear every day on all time frames. Last week i found 10 patterns on the 5 minute charts within 1 hour on different pairs. Of course there are times when there are more patterns developing than other times but i have not seen a day where there isnā€™t a pattern on at least one time frame.

Just found 2 old screenshots from the beginning of january 2013 when i was new to advanced pattern trading. Nice to see that i have gotten a bit better at this since then.

For all of you who still are struggling to find patterns. Just practice every day and within 2-3 months you will see them everywhere. :wink:

Just to clarify, the screenshots below do not show any valid patterns. Their purpose is just to show you how i started of trying to find them. Actually i saved those two screenshots as ā€œgartley patternsā€. :smiley:

This chart is not mt4 right?

No, it is FXCM trading station (marketscope 2.0).

Better than mt4? Did they offer micro acc?

The anser is ā€œYESā€ to both of your questions.