4 reasons WHY the global economy is slowing down

Global markets remained shaky due to growing concerns about a global economic slowdown. The economic activity continues to slow across advanced economies including the major economies like the USA and Europe is likely on the brink of a recession due to the war-induced energy crisis.

Recently United Nations (UN) projected that global GDP will slow down to 2.2 per cent by next year and the World Trade Organization (WTO) has also significantly lowered its forecast for world trade growth for 2023, to 1.0% against 3.4%.

During the last weeks we saw that the global stock markets slightly rebounded after reaching their fresh year lows but retreated after the Fed and ECB policymakers insisted, they would aggressively tighten policy to fight inflation.

An economic slowdown can be caused because of various reasons. Here’s a closer look at 4 factors that cause the global economic slowdown. - https://gulfbrokers.com/en/4-reasons-why-the-global-economy-is-slowing-down

Induced by a stupid dependence on Russian energy, when the West could be energy self-sufficient if it wasn’t for the ‘climate hoax’ brigade.

Hard to accept that economies can get any slower than they are now. :confused:

1 Like

Same. Although I am also wondering what the chances are of WW3 possibly happening…

Well. :sweat_smile: It’s definitely not impossible. But with the state of economies around the world, I wonder if any country has the capacity to finance/ invest in a war right now. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

That and if countries even have the manpower to go to war lol. I suppose it depends on what kind of war it’ll be. Could be cyber or biological I guess. Scary!

Scary!
Exactly - Governments need to keep their people scared in order to keep control.

1 Like

I wonder if Germany opinion on nuclear energy is any different now. The worst case scenario with Russian has happened and the idea that Russian would be a good, dependable business partner has been thrown out of the window!

The pre war decision to shut down the last 3 nuclear power plants at the end of the year hasnt changed yet. The left, green, liberal coalition is fighting about what to do with them in the face of reality.

The liberal party wants to delay the shutdown like in Belgium. The green party, which leads the ministry of economics responsible for this decision, is open for the idea to let them run as long as neccesary as a backup at full cost but without them producing energy :rofl:.

Surveys say 82 % of germans want to let them run. 41 % only a few months, another 41 % longer.

But as things stand, Germany will sooner or later get out of nuclear energy.

Replacement of fossil fuel power generation is only practicable so far on a large scale if there is sufficient nuclear to take its place. Running down domestic fossil fuel production and off-shoring this job to another country is just juggling the figures to look good to a dim electorate, and to other country’s leaders who are playing the same game, its not a sustainable national policy.

Meantime, without urgently getting a firm grip on inflation, nothing is going to improve.

don’t know how, but history suggests that when a war breaks countries always find a way to finance it and the manpower… at least at the first stage :pensive:

There is no cheap replacement of Russian energy to EU. Their prosperity and competitiveness of their exports is closely tied to Russian supplies. Therefore Euro is unlikely to recover to previous levels as to keep their exports competitive on international markets they have to devalue their currency.

I have been predicting the split of the EUR into northern and southern EUR currency zones for a couple of years now. Ukraine could be the catalyst.

The northern EUR will be known as The Neuro.
The southern EUR will be known as the Zero.

2 Likes