$4132 in a few hours....is that possible?

Hi…I opened a demo account on Trade Interceptor yesterday and messed around a bit to get to know the platform.

This morning I started with some basic trading to get a feel for the graphs and charts.

Ive been on it since 6am and now at 11am it seems as though I am either really lucky or just understading the platform better than I expected.

Ive made profited $4000 since 6am. Am I on the right track? Id like to think so…

Depends on how much you started your demo acc. It is probably a mix of luck and beginner’s luck - or you are a FX Savant, who am I to judge.

1 Like

Started with $10000 in my demo account.

Balance currently is $14132.

Beginners luck is most probable answer…

1 Like

Wish I was lucky as you…

Yea, that was luck LOL but that’s still amazing profit. What were you trading?

not willing to depend on luck , when you depend on luck that means you quit from hardworking and practice.

If you had a strategy then fine. Carry on, on your demo and see how you get on. If you took a random trade then it doesnt mean anything. You had over 40% so I’d look at your risk management, sounds like its out of control for someone who is new to trading.

Well, try it for a week, i would be very surprise if the account is not busted in one weeks time. I give you one month max to lose it all. You do know that if you can gain 40% in a few hours also mean you can lose 40% in a few hours as well right? So what if it is possible?

Trading offers trader an opportunity to use fundamentals and technical analysis to determine directional bias, so as to make accurate speculative wagers to make money on a consistent basis. Wagering such a large bet in one go, simply goes against all bankroll management, which is an absolute fatality.

THank you all for your replies and feedback.

I totally conceded that it was beginners luck and one can always be generous when its not real $$$. So I definately agree that you can lose 40% just as quickly as making it.

However the lesson taken from that is not profit based. What I take from that, is that I interpreted the graphs correctly. That is the emphasis.

Ive accepted that as a fluke and plan to utilise my good fortune correctly.

So far balance is still $14629 after a week.

Demo trading needs a lot more practice but I think i am on the right track in terms of reading the graphs correctly.

This. While it’s good this has piqued your interest in trading, don’t let greed take over your trading education.

Than you Rickster. I agree 100% on gauging risk and managing it. But you are quite correct, it has piqued my interest, and I am not even close to trading live yet. Still so much to learn and understand.

I have been in the working world for a while and know all too well, that success takes time, hard work and patience.