45 Ways to Avoid Losing Money Trading FOREX

thats a great idea with the screen shots maybe ill start doing that so i can look over the whole setup and see how maybe my perspective was off. im going to start doing that.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your replies. It feels nice to have support and people who understand.

Will definitely use the advise.

Thanks again.

I tried to get your email but i couldnt,I have been demo trading and i could make few pips on demo.Sometimes 10pips or less.I just funded my account with 300dollars.I want to guidance on thepattern of trade system yo Use,

Whats ur email?

Good Will

Jebosa

I feel bad dredging this thread up for such a stupid reason, but as a former physics major (switched to econ and graduated)…

“32) Afraid to Take a Loss - trading is not personal; it�s business. Don�t think that a poor trade is a reflection on you. It could be your just ahead of your time or a commercial order hits the market and temporarily creates a small unexpected move. Again, place your stop beforehand and NEVER increase your pre-determined risk; if it�s going bad it will probably get worse; I think that�s Einstein �in motion stays in motion��”

It’s NEWTON! Blarg!

Anyways, just kidding, and a great list that deserves to be back on page 1!

Cool actually, not agree with everything but with most part.

Agreed… ‘Traders manual’ 101. BUT… trading the news? I’d politely request the OP explain the pro’s of so doing? I’ll wait some for an answer? :slight_smile:

Don’t hold your breath.

Mr. Gone went threadrophiliac again.

This one is 5 years old. OP is long gone.

Probably living somewhere in the south of France with his riches:p

I really forgot to watch when the thread begins, dam, it is that old? Reatail brokers existed back then???

Bah!.. was just digging in for a 13 rounder too! LOL!!! You must tell me how I figure out the age of a thread? Thing is he’s or rather the site he pinched it off is correct. I suspect from the wisdom of the post the original authour is a ‘longer term’ player and news fundi’s would come into play. Unfortunately for the rest of us retail intraday types ‘news’ at best is a double edged sword! :smiley:

Really great post for new and experienced traders to avoid big loss during forex trading. As there is high risk in forex trading and due to this, these tips are very helpful.

1. Wrong Broker – A lot of FOREX brokers are horrible; get a good one. Read forums and chats in several different places to get an unbiased opinion.

I totally agree with that one !

1 Like

a wrong broker can ruin every thing even if you are a good trader that can not help sometimes I read comments about some brokers, the trades do well and gain decent profits but then when they want to withdraw them the suffering starts !

It does happen with many traders when they are looking for success that they do not get what they deserve. It is always better to see and en-quire from the existing clients before dealing with any broker.

I wanted to bring this thread under the attention again. I think the first post give very goods pointers for new traders and the pointers are very valid.

This is very insightful. I guess I need to print it out and frame it. That way I might keep reminding myself of the do’s and don’ts.

Unbiased? You are on the wrong track if you think a review by a person about a broker is unbiased. They are always biased.

absolutely right guys, there are a lot of horrible brokers. I’ve change many broker because they are against and cheating us many times. And thanks God, right now joining in Liteforex broker is my best place for making hundreds pips each days…
In Here, they never cheat and against me to collect pips.

1. Trading a Currency, Not a Pair – Being right about a currency is half a trade; success or failure depends upon being right about the second currency that makes up the pair.

I totally agree with this one because if you get this one wrong you lose 100% every time without making any other mistakes.

I can’t help but wonder at the fact that the author specifically mentions [I]short-term[/I] MA crossovers as a concept to stay away from. Does this insinuate that long-term MA crossovers can be of value? Those that are on the 4hr/Daily time frames?

Or is he referring only to short-term as in the number of periods in the MA?

Agreed . I think more than half of the 45 problems will be eliminated when trading is done on the 4H Daily. Personally I dont think indicators, MAs are needed (use Price Action DRFX TRADING - PRICE ACTION FOREX TRADING) but anything that is done on these time frames has a much better chance of success than lower time frames

The MAJORITY of those 45 problems are emotionally-based problems. Let´s face it, there is a reason why it is so hard to turn off emotions when trading the smaller time frames and day trading. The high VOLATILITY keeps us scared and afraid of being hit by another loss without time to recover. On the higher charts, since trading is less often, but with larger gains, you monitor the market and trade less have fewer losses, more time to recover and are more focused on making money rather than afraid of losing.

Stick to Higher time frames…most of our problems solved.