5 loss in a row

Im not sad. I just wanna know. Is normal or not :slight_smile:

Yes, a lot size of 1, not 0.01. Find a broker who will let you do that. I donā€™t know what those accounts are called: micro, mini, nano or whatever. I get confused with that nomenclature as well as with the fractional lot sizes. I use the whole number to indicate lot size.

If you are happy with your strategy then continue regardless

Yes its normal. You are not the only one. Even i had consistent losses when i started trading initially. But now its all fine. Losses have reduced to a great great extent now.

Losses will happen initially, donā€™t lose your heart. Take them positively, learn from your mistakes test more strategies and see what works for you finally.Iā€™m sure you will do good.

1 Like

This may happen if you do not diversify your investments or take too much of risk in one go. You should definitely spend time doing some research and revise your strategy.

How do this research?

backtest your strategy on the charts

Its strange but always when i tested every strategy on testerā€¦i loosing. When i tested in real time for instance on demo then is much better accuracy. I dont trust testers and blind tests.

If you donā€™t trust simulators, then just try manually backtesting on TradingView. So you know thatā€™s real data, and you can even go as far as using the ā€˜replayā€™ mode alsoā€¦but you have to pay I think $14 a month to use it

Do not stick to a strategy just because it gave you good results on a demo. Real trading is not going to be similar, or probably your emotions in real account in trouble with your demo strategy. So plan accordingly with different strategy and check with what works for you right from micro account.

I hate to say it, but uhm. Thereā€™s absolutely no solution if you start blaming your mental state, I mean if you only went the other directions you wouldnā€™t be asking about it. First of all, you get the right method, improve your trading plan and do it over and over again and when you win, you will realize that everything is mechanical. To make profits you just need to loose less and when you win, win more or greater than your losses. It starts with the method, plan, riskmanagement, consistency ā€¦ No psychology here if its up it is up, its not because Iā€™m not thinking straight I should place a short! If the trend is going up and you short, youā€™re going to lose if it keeps going up.

1 Like

The best right now is to take a step back. Try different strategies on a demo account and see what works for youuu!

My using low risk reward ratio; from 1% to 2%. Thatā€™s my strategy!.

Iā€™ve been having a bad run. Iā€™ve reduced my position risk sizes to Ā£10-Ā£15 per trade, which is obviously way less than 1% of the account capital. You canā€™t imagine how liberating it is to trade so small. And Iā€™ve been trading for years, I thought I was immune to trading stress by now!

1 Like

Yes, sticking to small lots can really help lessen your stress at times. Thatā€™s the same remedy that I use when things are not going as per plans.

I agree. That works with me too. Plus i would also add that its okay to make a loss as long as you learn from it and donā€™t repeat it in future.

1 Like

Every trader has bad days. As a rule, Never let abad day cost you more than you make on an average profitable day.

Agreed, a good trader should always try and cover his losses and not sit and crib over them for long.

I agree. He should learn from his mistakes and try to avoid them in future.

You know what they say? 6 times is a lucky charm. Kidding aside, losing 5 times in a row can give you various emotions that you do not want to deal with. You should take some time off and clear your mind and come back to it. And of course you can always recheck to see what went wrong and find the way to correct them.