I don't think it is a rhetorical question. BUT the statistic is not the true one. When I started the figure was 95%, which is more realistic - And the 90% figure is a part of the new statistic which is 90% of retail traders lose 90% of their account within 90 days ! (The other 10% are simply "Dormant accounts")
without recommending him for anything else - watch on u-tub "Ant0n kreil annihilates" to understand WHY ! - then watch the 3 BBC - 1 hour programmes he was involved in, which will pop up a little further down the list !
[Edit - and the answer is - as the OP stated - the "losers" are "Obeying the narrative" - STop being sheep ! - learn to think - the d4mn prices just go "Up and down" - That's your starting point ! ]