A brief comparison of 5 popular Economic Calendars

Screen-shots (below) show representative samples of 5 economic calendars.

Shown in each screen-shot are the news releases scheduled for 8:30 am (New York time) on Friday, November 2 (tomorrow).

The Babypips Calendar and the Forex Factory Calendar focus on the highest impact news releases (7 of them, for this time-slot, in each calendar), while the Daily FX Calendar and the Meta Quotes Calendar include lower impact reports, as well (for a total of 18 reports in each calendar). The Myfxbook Calendar is between the extremes, with 10 reports, including one low impact report.

No value-judgement is being implied here. Equally valid arguments could be made for the short lists or the long lists. The choice of a calendar is purely a matter of personal preference.

The Daily FX Calendar and the Myfxbook Calendar both use GMT times, so they are showing the
8:30 am (EDT) times as 12:30 (GMT).

The calendars do not always agree on the so-called “consensus” number for any particular economic report. For example, the consensus number for the Non-Farm Payroll Report is stated in the 5 calendars, as follows:

• Babypips – 195k
  • Daily FX – 193K
  • Forex Factory – 193K
  • Meta Quotes – 167K – a bit of an outlier – do they know something the others don’t?
  • Myfxbook – 190K

Babypips Calendar

Daily FX Calendar

Forex Factory Calendar

Meta Quotes Calendar

Myfxbook Calendar

Links to the calendars

8 Likes

@Clint I am sure you won’t mind if I would add screenshot of one more calendar to your list. It has three types of events settings i.e High, Medium and Low and one can set timer/alerts as per his/her time zone.

Edit: Above Picture showing the timezone of GMT+5.

1 Like

I think I know which economic calendar I’d prefer. :grinning:

3 Likes

I prefer forex factory calendar.

for me its either babypips or forex fatory.

1 Like

I compare what’s on trading view and on myfxbook, then I go to babypips for the most weight. Sometimes, it even explains why one report might not be as important as normal for one currency than it is for most others!

I don’t like tradingviews calendar, but it’s the one that shows on my charts so it’s easier to see how it’s affected things in the past whenever I practice trading news.

Overall, I definitely recommend babypips.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this @Clint! :slight_smile:

I like how you can filter by impact on the calendars. Pretty cool! You can rid yourself of some of the noise that way.

This was very helpful. Thanks and keep up the good work : )