A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

Ah - ok I see :sunglasses:

It was the use of the “projected” word which confused me. I inferred a predictive element from that.

I assume the bars on the first chart relate to “current open interest” ? thus are a reflection of opinion as it is now ?

I wonder if there is any way of abstracting that information to form a historical “Point and figure chart” as Wyckoff suggested ? - No I don’t suppose that is relevant. Accumulation / distribution would be reflected in that “current open interest” and “previous intentions” would not really be hugely relevant except possible from a psychlogical persective of potential bias.

Thanks for popping this thread up again, I’ll take a look ! :relaxed:

[Edit - thinking about this and Wyckoff’s point and figure charts - I suppose we could view that Open interest as a proxy for his “count” across, except that his “count” included “blanks” whereas “open interest” would not. - Hmmm. ]

A bit cheeky perhaps, but I wonder if @BrentJB would be content to post the open interest snip just before the move of which you speak ?

@Falstaff I will ask him

@Falstaff Read this: Volume Profile - TradingView Wiki

2 Likes

volume is even better when you know which way they are going, instead of seeing the rush of orders and wondering up or down…

1 Like

@rrram2

if only anyone had those powers!

I have all those powers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rrram2

I don’t believe anyone has. Sorry… Nobody has them. Not even the best.

(See my PM).

:slight_smile:

It would be Interesting to run support and resistance lines on a chart and then apply the VAP indicator see how things lineup.

@frandlost Yes… and if I had time I would do a manual backtest of this over hundreds of candles to see how currency futures reacted to volume at core levels…

Hey guys! Let’s not forget that while VAP is okay, you can create your own VAP by drawing lines on the highs and lows of the highest volume candles, you will soon see what is demand and what is supply. This is very useful for judging if the asset is being accumulated quietly or noisily with heavy climaxes dominating.

There will always be hunting of stops under those key points as the market gets shaken out. Same on all assets.

2 Likes

Thanks Pip! Whoops! I think I should run for cover, and there I thought I was keeping a low profile. Appears not. :slight_smile:

It was a couple of years ago. My only public interview on trading. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

@emeraldorc you are a super guy and I would love to see more of you on podcasts etc. You are worth listening to!!!

1 Like

bumping up this amazing thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks Pip. Haven’t been on here in a while…Hope you are doing fine? It’s funny years have passed and times have changed. New blood no doubt around here.

1 Like

That a great idea!!

Thanks @emeraldorc!!

KC

@emeraldorc, yes it is amazing…

Yes,I am still at it… Spent 2016 going long GBP (horror!), then 2017 trading exotics,2018 going long TRY and now I am perfecting TRY trading with a carry trade.

I use MSCI ETF for Turkey to see volume for TRY trading… and some basic charting over on FXCM. It is all on the USD/TRY thread here…

You?

bump!! Epic.thread!!!

This was such an epic thread that I think more should see it :slight_smile:

I wonder if Daniel (Sesay) aka @emeraldorc is still around these parts…

… or @gp00053

Would be good to re-connect.

Cheers
PipMe